• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Wokistan

Cal is never playing Radical Dreamers/Chrono Cross/whatever other material that adds to Lavos lol.

I mean i guess i could do that but AAAAAAA

>Scion literally has trillions of trillions of powers to choose from

>"I cast fist"

10/10

In all seriousness, does Scion resist soul manipulation or matter manipulation? The latter is a passive field around him while soul manipulation is done by stray blasts.

Matter Manipulation he has several "immunites" against along with countermethods, Soul Manipulation isn't really even a thing in Worm but Lavos also can't exactly target Entity Scion due to the amalgamation of stranger powers under his belt

Wokistan said:
It's not even resistances (though he has those), it's several types of power null and redirection, some of which already ignore resistances, stakced on top of one another. Entities themselves can also remove resistances and give resistances anyways. They can **** with shards to do this. They impose the resistances in the first place so the users don't instantly kill themselves with their powers, and can also add more or revoke them.
Scion bypasses your bypass

How does perception immunity work? Is it like the Stone Mask in Majora's Mask? Or it it like, you can't see him cuz he's a ghost? Lavos literally created perception magic on the planet and passively absorbs that stuff so it does depend on if Lavos can absorb his perception immunity.

I mean...Lavos created power null in the verse too. Again, he absorbs literally everything magic. Lock/Omnilock included.

He exists in a pocket dimension outside of reality, when you see him you think he's a totally good dude that can't possibly backstab you, while also possibility forgetting he exists as a whole if you aren't paying enough attention or don't have some power around that, and anything else from naturally triggered Strangers/strangers in general

Not sure just making magic for your verse really means anything. Are Shards and Magic even equatable? One is from cosmic beings described as extradimensional, the other is mystical

We already kinda went over this stuff in the thread, though apparently Lavos is missing far too much stuff as of now

I mean, it comes directly from Lavos. And Lavos is an extradimensional cosmic being.

Lavos doesn't necessarily have resistances. He just absorbs so much hax that it might as well be a resistance.

huh

Either way sting is the sort of thing that blows through Scion himself, the source of all powers, so there's that

man I should pick up Chrono Trigger when it's on sale one of these days

"magic" isn't really a thing in worm so idk how well absorbing that would go.

Trigger is a better game, Cross isn't nearly as good (can't be better than something that's considered one of the top 20 games of all time), but it overdoses on hax and power.

Sting doesn't even work like that, though, Wildbow's said that before. It's vague and would be useful, but how can Scion use it properly against an infinite being that exists in infinite bodies? Scion only has Multiversal range at best, while Lavos has Multiversal+ perception.

It's also not even a trillion powers or anything like that, that's overstating it. Scion has the original form of every Worm power, and there's a lot, but most of them are going to be redundant and fall under wider definitions; rather than controlling insects, total mind control, rather than extending the range of a bladed weapon, projecting all forms of energy, etc.

Also just because Scion has access to every power doesn't mean each is active or that he can or will use them all simultaneously. In this case, such versatility is actually an issue, especially since we're talking about something that barely knows how to fight.

DMUA said:
We already kinda went over this stuff in the thread, though apparently Lavos is missing far too much stuff as of now
It's not even that's he's missing a lot (though he is missing some basic bitch stuff), the problem is the potency of his powers, which is just a ??? at this point. Either just a few are 2-A or all of them are 2-A lol.

and i ain't playing Cross to find out

Back