• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lain's Range

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOpxP0Z3Dsg

Since it's heavily stated and proven across the plot that Lain's powers are directly rooted in the Wired, which later becomes merged with the real world through Protocol 7, which is the function that uses the Schumann Resonance of the Earth to transmit the net wirelessly and give her control over reality itself, it would be nautral to change her range to Planetary, since it's pretty much her stated limit. Anything higher would directly contradict the logic of the verse - since her powers solely function wherever the Wired exists.

Her omnipresence and "omnipotence" can only exist where the wired does, which is limited to the natural vibrating frequency of planet earth.

Thoughts?

Bump. This might be worth adding, otherwise she'll keep getting paired up with Low Multiversal characters and whatnot.

Yes. Feel free to do so. It doesn't seem like a very controversial change.

The page is protected, so I can't edit it myself. In case anyone who can make changes wants to do the honors, here's how I'd redact it.

Range: Planetary. Through protocol seven, Lain can be everywhere at the same time so as long as the Schumann Resonance exists.

Added an extra sentence bit here:

Weaknesses: Because Lain has had many different personalities and different versions, she could be shy, mischievous, or childish. Lain will do anything to make her best friend Arisu happy. Often hallucinates and sees things that isn't real. Her omnipresence and powers are limited to the places where the wired can be transmitted, wherever the natural resonace of earth exists through Protocol Seve.

I will unlock the page. Feel free to edit it.

Thanks. Should I close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back