• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hello everyone, Before I begin i just want to preface that this isn't a calc. Yet, if i see enough support or at least curiosity, I'll try and do at least a little something.
Also please don't attack me if you disagree. I'm just trying to get some opinions on my reasoning.
so what i want to discuss is how fast Lady Nagants' bullets are. I know there have been several calc for this already, but i just remembered that deku said " that a howitzer shot is nothing compared to this" and that actually gives us quite a few details as to how fast a low ball of her bullets should be because a howtzer is basically the head of a tank taken off, they were literally the most powerful artillery weapons deployed by the us in world war 2.
so a bullet as small as the ones nagant was using would need to be incredibly fast for it to attain the force/momentum of that and even then deku said that a howizer was nothing commpared to it, now i can totally see the potential arguement of how would deku know what a howitzer felt like but i feel like that can be overlloked as anime does this kind of thing all the time and it doesnt seem to otherworldly to be swept aside as an overstatement, plus there are many quirks in the world.

Last edited:
now i can totally see the potential arguement of how would deku know what a howitzer felt like but i feel like that can be overlloked as anime does this kind of thing all the time and it doesnt seem to otherworldly to be swept aside as an overstatement, plus there are many quirks in the world.
I always thought he was referring to Bakugo's Howitzer Impact, considering how many times they've fought alongside/against each other. That would probably make the calc even more inflated though with how destructive HI is lmao

I always thought he was referring to Bakugo's Howitzer Impact, considering how many times they've fought alongside/against each other. That would probably make the calc even more inflated though with how destructive HI is lmao
He said "A Howitzer" so he's probably talking about the actual projectile, and not Bakugo's move, which is also based on a Howitzer

He said "A Howitzer" so he's probably talking about the actual projectile, and not Bakugo's move, which is also based on a Howitzer
"A Howitzer" could also mean "A Howitzer Impact" with how little context there is, even the MHA wiki links to the Howitzer Impact. And with the context we have, it'd be much more likely that Deku would've witnessed Bakugo use Howitzer Impact than get shot at by a Howitzer. He would've been watching the fight between Todoroki and Bakugo where he first uses it, and he was fighting by his side in the final battle against Nine where he also uses it.

Well even then ur still wrong because it says for FTL speeds this ain't FTL, And force is always calculated as newtons and it's not the same as kinetic energy
What? No it doesn't, it straight up says "Do not calculate speed from kinetic energy." no ifs ands or buts
The example it even uses is Rel+, not FTL

And you still haven't answered why you're even getting newtons? I thought we were calcing for speed here

Last edited:
What? No it doesn't, it straight up says "Do not calculate speed from kinetic energy." no ifs ands or buts
The example it even uses is Rel+,not FTL

And you still haven't answered why you're even getting newtons? I thought we were calcing for speed here
You're correct.

Upgrading Lady Nagant's bullet speed based on this seems very dubious.

The example it even uses is Rel+, not FTL

I'm not sure if u know this but in physic everything has a force in a certain direction which can be based on it's speed and weigh and that force's SI unit is newton,

like when u shot a bullet It has a certain force in the direction it was shoot based on the weight of the bullet and the speed of the bullet and you have a force downward due to gravity with acceleration due to gravity
also it says kinetic energy can be allowed when "A projectile has been calculated to move at a certain speed, such as a cannonball or a spear."
but then again i never said kinectic energy

Last edited:
You're correct.

Upgrading Lady Nagant's bullet speed based on this seems very dubious.
I'm sorry to disappoint you but there is nothing dubious abt this if something small has a much or more force as something big it had to be moving at a much faster to attain this it's simple physics that we use in scaling all the time, its not even anything complicated like cloud scaling where it varies this is force, i dont know why you would say its dubious,its not like it misleading or something

Last edited:
personally I'm with it too. Deku compares the bullets to a Howitzer. I believe he'd totally know this. He studies and learns from all of his classmate's moves, and Bakugo's Howitzer Impact is based off of an actual howitzer, so Deku referring to Nagant's bullet as a howitzer, plus it cancelling out/going against his momentum should be included in the calcs for his speed.

What IS dubious is using the fastest bullet in the world as a placeholder for Nagant’s bullets, which is non sensical considering her bullets are capable of traversing kilometers very quickly and 5% Deku has casually weaved bullets that were half that fast.
thank you bro this guy acting like im making shit up, like her bullets are very abnormal, he always tryna downplay/disagree with mha feat dont know why not like thses are lightspeed feats that are reaching,
@KashinKojiiiiii, @Earthyboy, @Kingofwolves999 whatchu think?
i saw someone try to do this There was alot of agreement but some disagreement due to it being really similar to kinetic energy this is force/momentum so its different. and prob more accurate

Last edited:
plus it cancelling out/going against his momentum should be included in the calcs for his speed.
That's already been calced in the comments of the current speed calc afaik, puts him at MHS+

He studies and learns from all of his classmate's moves, and Bakugo's Howitzer Impact is based off of an actual howitzer
True and true, but it seems like a big logical leap to go from: "Got hit with Howitzer Impact" to "Got hit by an actual Howitzer Shell" because that would require Deku to go out of his way to find an actual howitzer, get hit by it, and go "I can use this for the future!"

This would be the same kind of leap in logic as if Nero from DMC got shot, goes "Dante's guns are nothing compared to this!" and you decide to calc it with a random gun Dante picked up and never used again instead of Ebony and Ivory.

Why can't we just base it off Howitzer Impact? It's fairly obvious that's what Deku's talking about. (Me literally trying to find the original Japanese lmao)

That's already been calced in the comments of the current speed calc afaik, puts him at MHS+

True and true, but it seems like a big logical leap to go from: "Got hit with Howitzer Impact" to "Got hit by an actual Howitzer Shell" because that would require Deku to go out of his way to find an actual howitzer, get hit by it, and go "I can use this for the future!"

This would be the same kind of leap in logic as if Nero from DMC got shot, goes "Dante's guns are nothing compared to this!" and you decide to calc it with a random gun Dante picked up and never used again instead of Ebony and Ivory.

Why can't we just base it off Howitzer Impact? It's fairly obvious that's what Deku's talking about. (Me literally trying to find the original Japanese lmao)
You know, that would make it even faster, right? Also, I apologize for sounding condescending just genuine taught you didnt know what they were also i made a mistake i was talking about momentum not force

Here goes the condescension, thanks for being nice lmao. And I know what newtons are, I've just never seen somebody get speed (technically in this case velocity) from force, so I don't even know if that's allowed or not.
Also, this means kinda nothing to me. I cant stop a calc because they don't know if it is allowed or not. I highly doubt they have never seen a calc made with momentum so if there isnt an actual rule on it it's probably because it is allowed

You know, that would make it even faster, right?
It's still more likely tho, probably better to be representative than somewhat downplay-ish. It shouldn't be an outlier anyway considering the only people who scale are Prime All Might and Prime AFO (maybe completed Shigaraki too, but we'll have to wait and see)

Also, this means kinda nothing to me. I cant stop a calc because they don't know if it is allowed or not. I highly doubt they have never seen a calc made with momentum so if there isnt an actual rule on it it's probably because it is allowed
Fair enough, I was just saying. But you should get an actual calc group member on here just to be 100% clear

Fair enough, although who knows what Deku does in his free time, maybe he has boys nights out with Kirishima eating tank shells or something. I mean UA has the money for it. It is more probable that he's talking about a Howitzer Impact though so I guess I agree (the wording is a bit weird imo).

Fair enough, I was just saying. But you should get an actual calc group member on here just to be 100% clear
but that my whole point of my thread, i said this wasnt a calc i just wanted people to think abt it and understand my reasoning, i can do the calc if necessary but this thread was originally never abt the math of the calc just the theory

It's still more likely tho, probably better to be representative than somewhat downplay-ish. It shouldn't be an outlier anyway considering the only people who scale are Prime All Might and Prime AFO (maybe completed Shigaraki too, but we'll have to wait and see)
i mena yh ur right we still have that part where shigi can use actual radio waves attacks which are base light speed so if we see deku dodging this that would justify alot also we idd just see in all might blitzed multiple MHS+ NO.6 clones, this is already being discussed in another forum, its mostly in agreement if that gets acepted alot of the characters will be upgraded also it would justify deku new speed as well

Last edited:
but that my whole point of my thread, i said this wasnt a calc i just wanted people to think abt it and understand my reasoning, i can do the calc if necessary but this thread was originally never abt the math of the calc just the theory
Well I don't mean that you need to calc it right away, I just mean that it would be good to get an actual educated opinion that can confirm for us if we can or can't do this

Back