• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kumagawa weakness addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at least some of these weaknesses should be added in Kumagawa's page. What do you think? (Sorry in advance for my possibly awful grammar)

Here we go:

1)All-fiction can be tricked.
There are a couple of occassions that shows that Kumagawa's ability can be tricked, more precisely, they show that his death negation can be sealed. Such people as Ezumachi and Sukinasaki (kind of) proved that.

For example with Ezumachi:His ability (Color of Beauty) was capable to control colors to such extent it could manipulate person's emotions. With such ability, he managed to seal Kumagawa's death negation by faking the damage done to his body and tricking his pain sensors into thinking that he died from bruises.

Video
Kumagawa's death was negated only after the effects of CoB were worn out.

As for Sukinasaki:Her ability (Error Massage Plate) was to control people. With such ability she had planned to put Kumagawa in a non-stop death cycle by using her puppets to kill him over and over. ImageÔäû1 Image Ôäû2
Unfortunately for her, she failed to do that (since she subconsciously didn't want to kill him). But, Kumagawa himself says that she actually could've been capable to put him down for good with such method (Image Ôäû4).

Image Ôäû3 Image Ôäû4 Image Ôäû5 Image Ôäû6

2)Kumagawa's screws deals only a minimal physical damage.

I don't know if it can be considered as a weakness, but still. Kumagawa's screws were shown to give a victim a serious mental damage, but they deal only a minimal physical damage.

Image Ôäû7 Image Ôäû8

3)Kumagawa is very unconfident.

Besides himself believing to be the weakest person in the world, he is so unconfident he couldn't even imagine his victory in the battle of imagination.

Image Ôäû9 Image Ôäû10 Image Ôäû11

So what do you think? Should be any of this added to his page as one of his noticeable weaknessess?

The first thing isn't a weakness, it's other characters using their own abilities.

But the first thing shows at least that he can't negate anything while he is dead,

Whether or not the disappearance of the "bruises" was the reason he could erase his death is purely speculation though. He came back right when his conversation ended. All Fiction doesn't auto erase straight away unless he wanted it to, as shown when he went to get Book Maker. He might just have some set time limit as to when All Fiction automatically kicks in since he stated that he can't prevent it from erasing his death.

UmbryTiddlywink said:
Whether or not the disappearance of the "bruises" was the reason he could erase his death is purely speculation though. He came back right when his conversation ended. All Fiction doesn't auto erase straight away unless he wanted it to, as shown when he went to get Book Maker. He might just have some set time limit as to when All Fiction automatically kicks in since he stated that he can't prevent it from erasing his death.
It is hardly a purely speculation considering that Kumagawa "woke up" only after the whole day of school after CoB's effects has disappeared while his conservation with Ajimu lasted like several minutes. Unless you're implying that they were sitting in silence for hours until she asked him about how he died. Though, it may be possible that time flows differently in dreamworld, but I don't know.

Besides, Kumagawa didn't deny Ajimu's words about AF not working on CoB. Unless his response "All-fiction is nothing but a magic trick" can be interpreted as a denial.

1) The first one isn't really a weakness persay, its more that CoB is just a perfect counter to All Fiction. It seemed like CoB just resist causality manipulation and power null/erasure since, as the man himself says, his attacks don't actually exist. (essentially he is referencing the idea that color is an illusion created by wave lengths of light).

I do agree with the second part of number 1 tho, that repeated deaths can incapacitate him. Something like GER's death loop for example

2) The second one actually says it only applied to that one girl, all the others were hospitalised. It seems she has some sort of unspoken regen, instead of the weakness being on Kumagawa's end.

3) yeah, I'd say it is definitely a notable weakness. I think we should definitely put down that it makes his magic especially weak.

This reminds me, I defintiely have to make an Ezumachi Page. I've had it on my list of characters I want to make profiles for, but I've had other stuff on my hands. Dude had a power that sounds so lame but is actually very broken

I am fine with adding Kumagawa's lack of confidence as a weakness, and maybe that many repeated deaths can incapacitate him. I disagree with the other suggestions,

Antvasima said:
I am fine with adding Kumagawa's lack of confidence as a weakness, and maybe that many repeated deaths can incapacitate him. I disagree with the other suggestions,
Do we need a vote about whether anyone agree to add such weaknesses to Kumagawa's page?

Well, more staff input would be appreciated.

Given the lack of staff input, and that this does not seem to be very controversial, I suppose that it should probably be fine to add.

I can unlock the Medaka Kurokami page. Is anybody willing to update the Misogi Kumagawa page as well?

Tell me here when you are done in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back