• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kryptonian vs Viltrumite (Superman vs Omni-Man) (GRACE)

Hmmm, Supes has a slightly higher AP (about 1.4x) but it's nowhere near enough to one-shot. Omni-Man however has a higher LS. Superman has more options of attacks such as his heat vision and breath attacks meaning he can keep Nolan at a distance, however, Omni-Man can also attack with shockwaves that appear to surpass Kal's attacks in range not to mention Nolan can also resist Kal's freeze breath. He also appears to have higher stamina and is much more experience. So for now, I think I'm going with Omni-Man

So Superman scales to 2.73 Megatons while Omni Man scales to 1.9 Megatons.

I know that Omni Man was unfazed by a 1.9 Megaton beam other than a nose bleed while Superman's 2.73 Megaton feat is from him altering the trajectory of an asteroid.

Would Superman's asteroid feat still be considered under his "Holding Back" mentality?

Last edited:
nice video.

Omni-man will not hold back from the get-go because of his mission. Superman on the other hand as a hero would try to measure up first
Omni-man stamina is also higher but Supes has heat visions.

I'd say Omni-man is very high diff on this one and will try to outlast supes

Would Superman's asteroid feat still be considered under his "Holding Back" mentality?
Supes holding back is only limited to his opponents and collateral damage, against the asteroid where no one would get hurt from him going all out, I don't think there's a reason to assume he'd hold back against it.

Going off of Omni-mans statement from the animated show that he threw Asteroid that big it should be fair to use that version especially if he's at his maximum strength holding back nothing here, If Supes has higher AP Omni man wouldn't hold back

I'd probably give the vote to Superman, the Asteroid Feat was honestly pretty early in his career, and the Man of Steel has certainly gotten a lot stronger since then. That was back in Season 2 of the Original Show, Superman has had a season + 2 more shows to develop, at the end of the TV Series he had seemed to barely beat Darkseid (It looked like he was even struggling to hold Darkseid up at that point)

Two seasons later, their second bout goes a lot more in Supes' favor, leaving Darkseid for dead while the boy scout seems to have no lasting injuries. Now a full four seasons later with much more experience and growth (Fighting Mongul, etc), he's able to fight a much more powerful Darkseid that merged with Brainiac, with his full power seemingly only letting him beat around Darkseid for a brief moment before getting hit with the agony matrix.
Heck, we should probably skim through the series for post-Prometheus feats honestly, that Asteroid thing was so early in his career.

Anyways, Omni Man's a real tough cookie too, eating that country blast only gives him a nosebleed, but Superman has walked off big blasts too, the watchtower's nuclear beam or whatever was a nasty shot IIRC. Even if he does have the AP Advantage, I'm just not sure if he'd be able to put the Big Blue down. Superman's got a lot more going with him here, Heat Vision, Freeze Breath, though skill might be something Omni Man has more usage in, Superman's resistance to pain manipulation will keep him in the game a long while.

Omni Man's combat experience does still kind of fall short though, Superman's been able to fight against and outmaneuver Darkseid, who's had as much, if not even more experience than Nolan. I think this is a close one, but Superman's abilities, along with a great deal of resistance to pain, and his experience fighting on-par or stronger opponents could give him the win.

The closest Omni Man's seemed to fight are his own people and Invincible, but, as shown in the flashback, Viltrumite's seem to one-shot each other pretty consistently, so even that's a bit of a stretch at least compared to the all-out fights Superman has had against his superiors.

among the Viltrumites who are the people who survived their own purging and he's an officer among all of them after his contribution to their war effort. if each of them can one-shot each other that's more of a testament feat for them for being able to avoid and out skill people enough in a royal rumble where every single one of them can kill each other in 1 hit.
How skilled is Darkseid in honesty and how much battle experience does he have?
also to mention their stamina is far from close and lifting strength gives omni-man an advantage which would make omni-man be able to restrain supes no problem

Apokolips has been around since shortly after the dawn of time apparently, with Darkseid ruling the planet 'as long as Apokolips has burned'. Darkseid's conquest has begun literally since he took the throne, which is when the war against New Genesis started. From the sounds of it, that would put the New God's experience leagues above even Nolan. Also, Omni Man was born after the slaughter, as mentioned during his talk with Mark. It's something I overlooked, oops.

I'd also argue, when it comes to close-quarters against someone comparable to them, Superman would have a better edge in that regard. After his first fight with Darkseid, mans looked like burnt gingerbread and yet still kept going. Omni Man surely took a heavy beating from the giant Kaiju, but looked nowhere near as injured as Supes was when he was getting overpowered, proving that the Man of Steel could keep going even when getting a heckuva beating.

The best argument I have for grappling is that maybe Superman would be able to blast him with Heat Vision to get him to let go if he gets grabbed, though that is a giant advantage for Nolan I'll admit.

Keeping my vote for Superman though.

Can't Supes just lobotomize Omni Man if it gets to the point where he's going to die? Its in character for him to try it in desperation since he tried it against Doomsday

Supes and Omni-Man fight over this

Standard Battle Assumptions

Speed equalized.

STAS - JLU Superman is used (Low 7-B)

Superman (DCAU) vs Omni-Man (TV Series)

Who wins and why?

O mini man FRA
maxresdefault.jpg

nice video btw

Back