• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kris's gender?

What should Kris's gender be?
They are normally referred to by they/them Pronouns
You would imagine their friends would know his gender, unlike Undertale where nobody knew Frisk, many of the characters who refer to Kris by They/Them are close friends.

Good thing possible non binary was removed
Ngl though seems Like kris is more Like an boy rather than unkown but eh i cant do anything against his "Gender unkown"

Honestly if people who're familiar with them still use they/them pronouns we should at least specify that in the profile

Honestly if people who're familiar with them still use they/them pronouns we should at least specify that in the profile
"Unknown (Uses they/them pronouns)" is possible.
Susie and Ralsei IIRC all refer to Kris by those pronouns, and Toby during the anniversary show specifically used that pronouns when the streamers mistakenly referred to Kris as he/him if I recall.

Yeah those are definitely Kris' canon pronouns IMO so I think it should be specified. I think it's very likely they're non-binary or something like that but better to play it safe.

I think that listing it as unknown but specifying their pronouns is the right way to go.

Susie and Ralsei IIRC all refer to Kris by those pronouns, and Toby during the anniversary show specifically used that pronouns when the streamers mistakenly referred to Kris as he/him if I recall.
Kris is also referred to as they by Toriel(their mom) and Noelle(their childhood friend).

I feel that this wording isn't perfect: "Uses" implies Kris themselves uses they/themselves pronouns when referring to themselves, but we've primarily seen such pronouns be used by others referring to Kris; Kris themselves is notoriously nonvocal. It should probably say that they're referred to using "they/them pronouns", or that "they/them pronouns" are used for them, if you all will pardon my petty pedantic-ness, please.

I feel that this wording isn't perfect: "Uses" implies Kris themselves uses they/themselves pronouns when referring to themselves, but we've primarily seen such pronouns be used by others referring to Kris; Kris themselves is notoriously nonvocal. It should probably say that they're referred to using "they/them pronouns", or that "they/them pronouns" are used for them, if you all will pardon my petty pedantic-ness, please.
I wouldn't say that accuracy is petty.
The tendency of people to do things "good enough" rather than "correctly" is what leads to confusion in the first place.

"Unknown (Referred to using they/them pronouns.)"
I believe this would suffice?

I wouldn't say that accuracy is petty.
The tendency of people to do things "good enough" rather than "correctly" is what leads to confusion in the first place.

"Unknown (Referred to using they/them pronouns.)"
I believe this would suffice?
I don't see reason to oppose such.

....Unless if, I guess, there's an instance where Kris provably used "they/them" referring to themselves, in which case MAYBE it could be made more accurate. Ex: "Referred to using they/them pronouns, even when they/them are referring to them/their self.", but that might be silly, even with such dialogue or such as evidence. , but I think it's fine as is.

I don't see reason to oppose such.

....Unless if, I guess, there's an instance where Kris provably used "they/them" referring to themselves, in which case MAYBE it could be made more accurate. Ex: "Referred to using they/them pronouns, even when they/them are referring to them/their self.", but that might be silly, even with such dialogue or such as evidence. , but I think it's fine as is.
Logically, if Kris at some point uses they/them on themselves, we could just switch to "Uses they/them pronouns", since it would now be both personally and externally supported.

Why can’t you just say non-binary as the gender
As Imaginym said, it's because we lack knowledge.
They and them are becoming increasingly accepted pronouns to use for people regardless of gender.

We do not know if Kris is non-binary, only that others refer to them as they/them.
For all we know, they could identify as male or female, but prefer those pronouns.
They could not care, and people just happen to be using those pronouns.
They could identify as something entirely different, and just prefer they/them as pronouns.

The bottom-line is that we don't know, and assuming someone's gender is generally bad practice in modern society.

But Kris doesn't really "use" they/them pronouns, that's what just what everybody calls them, but we don't know what Kris thinks about this.

Or if they even care.

if we're getting into just pure headcanon though then I've always thought kris was a guy because of the name being like chris, just spelled in a certain way to be similar to frisk

Unknown (Referred with they/them pronouns) then. Kris not referring to themselves as they/them is true, but is unimportant as they don't really refer to themselves with any pronouns at all, as when they act it says "Kris" IIRC.

You can replace "with" with a more grammatically appropriate word if you like as I'm not sure if that's the best word.

"Referred to with they/them pronouns" is the correct way, yeah.

Last edited:
Back