• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos (Post Valhalla) vs. Zeus (GoW)

For posterity, I will point out that this match can't really be added cause of the Fear Zeus restriction (and the composite key), but it can be discussed just fine.

Last edited:
Anyways, Kratos is at a slight power disadvantage against Zeus, and lacks his most powerful old equipment like the Blade of Olympus or Claws of Hades. He also doesn't grow as fast as he used to in raw power. He however retains his innate resistances and abilities from when he first fought Zeus, not to mention the experience he now has is incomparable to before.

That said, peak Norse Kratos does have abilities that he did not before. Valor, an evolution of his Rage, allows him to nullify and absorb attacks to both heal himself and grow stronger. The Draupnir Spear can not only siphon energies but increase the user's resistances to it. Not to mention the spear can negate resistances and grow to overcome even resistance to such a thing in Kratos's hands. So eventually, he'd be able to use aspects of the spear such as the draining of parts of the soul to overwhelm Zeus.

The biggest advantage is his ability to Realm Shift though, something Zeus doesn't resist. With all his talismans, enchantments and hilts, he can do so by dodging, at will, taking or dealing damage, while aiming or even while empowering his weapons. While some of these are chance activations, he has enough equipment to boost his luck that they should happen fairly often. Allowing Kratos to basically statue Zeus constantly while siphoning and using his lightning against him and absorbing his attacks should they happen to hit him.

While Zeus's healing and growth would make it a difficult fight regardless, Kratos eventually takes it extreme diff.

Curtis Guy of War fra, though I think stated reasons plus the fact that this Kratos is much more familiar with Zeus' tactics+arsenal than vice versa put this more in high diff territory than extreme diff

Guess I'll put my two cents and sleep.

While Zeus's AD is indeed faster than Kratos's, I do believe Kratos can go even with it by throwing spears to grow stronger and weaken Zeus via poison. At worst, he just plays defensive via Realm Shift and keeps his distance.

Kratos's big main advantage however is clearly Realm Shift, given Zeus's lack of means to deal with it and his ways of inducing it.

Zeus however is not out of advantages, as he can easily kill Kratos with a single thought given his 4 layered Biological, Pain, Telekinesis, Telepathy and Mind Manipulation, which if I'm correct is above this Kratos's resistance.

He also possess the ability to to Teleport and BFR, which could be incredibly useful to escape this Kratos's deadly lock. He also possess the mobility advantage given his flight.

His other offensive options while good are useless against this Kratos. His lighting bolts can be frozen, redirected or absorbed, his only useful ability would be his power Absorption.

I'm going Inconclusive. Now to bed.

Zeus however is not out of advantages, as he can easily kill Kratos with a single thought given his 4 layered Biological, Pain, Telekinesis, Telepathy and Mind Manipulation, which if I'm correct is above this Kratos's resistance.
Kratos resists this though. Like, it's reflected in the layers section of the magic page more but he does resist psychic voodoo.
He also possess the ability to to Teleport and BFR, which could be incredibly useful to escape this Kratos's deadly lock. He also possess the mobility advantage given his flight.
Useful but Kratos doesn't lack any specific mobility that he had before when they fought and Zeus still lost then.
I'm going Inconclusive. Now to bed.
Fair.

Back