• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do there Illusionis have an actual effect on reality? Because if said illusion can interact with reality and such, it would be weird if the general area the made is physically intractable but the rest is half assed illusion that doesn't have an impact.
The "illusions" physically exist and are essentially made via their magical energy.
I can somewhat agree with this, DP verse has a starry sky feat that was accepted and legit but we only rate the characters as possibly 4-A and use their feats for scaling. However, I don't have that much knowledge on God of War so I can't really compare the situation.
That's a valid position to have.

I'm kind of thinking of temporarily closing this or something. I've completely and unexpectedly run out of time for too much other shit, and it seems like everyone loves pocket dimension feats for other verses too much for this to go through anyway.
You could just wait for other staff that aren't GoW supporters to comment on this. And it could just be that people find this valid, rather than some sort of bias to starry sky feats or something.
People keep saying this, but I really just have to ask how? Not only is this what practically every open world video game does, but the characters wouldn't even be concerned with impact when Kratos can't fly to the stars or affect them in any capacity.
You are arguing that the Furies would do video game rendering for whatever reason? Like, I can accept that it needs more proof in the sense of scale even if I personally don't agree but this is getting silly to me.

People loving those feats was a joke; what I was actually saying is that people keep saying that this would have to change precedent for starry sky feats (which I'm fairly sure is untrue, anyway, since those mostly have some level of proof) instead of engaging with that point like I wrote in the OP. Other staff have already commented, I'm just running out of time for other stuff.

No. That's not what I'm arguing. I'm arguing that stars being real or fake would have no less impact when it's pretty common anyway, and Kratos in no way could interact with deep space (both in gameplay and in-universe).

Last edited:
People loving those feats was a joke; what I was actually saying is that people keep complaining that this will change precedent for other threads instead of engaging with that point like I wrote in the OP. Other staff have commented, I'm just running out of time for other stuff.
Ah, alright then.
No. That's not what I'm arguing. I'm arguing that stars being real or fake would have no less impact.
....I'm a bit confused here. If the stars are real then what would the issue be?

I'm not the one making it as a counter point, so there is no issue here. KLOL and Griffin are trying to counter that the stars are more likely real due to impact.

Not at all. My entire point is The Furies' starry sky feat has an inadequate level of evidence to even support it concretely being 4-A.

I'd say that'd be the case if we kept the original City level Furies calculation, but that's not what I'm saying. We should put Kratos' own City level feats as precedence rather than assuming any kind of arbitrary range, since the assumption that they made fully-sized stars to begin lacks an enormous amount of evidence (I'd even say it's arbitrary).

Anyway, I'm closing this temporarily, if not permanently in order to make a policy change thread. I'd ask people to not open it up so they can continue the debate.

I'm kind of thinking of temporarily closing this or something. I've completely and unexpectedly run out of time for too much other shit, and it seems like everyone loves pocket dimension feats for other verses too much for this to go through anyway.
That's a bold claim and are fighting words jk.

If you want to temporarily close this that's up to you.

People keep saying this, but I really just have to ask how? Not only is this what practically every open world video game does, but the characters wouldn't even be concerned with impact when Kratos can't fly to the stars or affect them in any capacity.
True but it would be an assumption on both sides but at least on one side, it shows that their illusions have an impact and are intractable. I'm not saying that they are 100% legit, I'm just saying it has backing.

I'm not the one making it as a counter point, so there is no issue here. KLOL and Griffin are trying to counter that the stars are more likely real due to impact.
Because I see it like this... If I make the illusion that effect reality such as a meteor falling from the sky and it causes actual destruction then it's legit, if I make an illusion of fire and someone actually gets burned it's legit. So if I make the illusion of other celestial bodies in the sky, why would we consider them fake? Everything else I made had a legit impact and was physically intractable so why not them?

Regardless, I don't have an issue with solid 4-A or possibly 4-A. I already know the issues when It comes to feats like these all to well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back