• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Konosuba 3rd CRT: Beyond the distant speed

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
So, now I read every spin offs in addition to the main series, so let's do this:

Speed​

Speed in Konosuba want through so much I never understood how it ended up as Unknown, but let's try to give it a tier. Going from the slowest feat to the fastest: We have Lizard Runner, whose speed is said to be faster than horses being able to make a 10 days travel into a 4/5 days one

“Using a normal carriage would take too much time. Using a normal, horse drawn carriage would take ten days of travel to arrive at the capital. However, using this carriage that was specifically designed for royalty, the travel time can be greatly shortened.”

Saying that in a manner that made it feel like she was grumbling about something, Claire raised a hand towards the imperial carriage.

Then, the carriage smoothly rose off the ground. It was now hovering about ten centimeters off the ground.

I see, the reason it didn’t have wheels like a typical horse-drawn carriage was because of this feature.

If the carriage was like this, then there won’t be any drag from the cart as the lizard runners pulled on it. It seems very fast indeed."
(Vol 10 chapter 2)

-
After this, we have the Bomber Majin being FTE.

"The Bomber Majin disappeared in an instant.

Silence returned to the forest.

Then, in the trees above me-

It came falling down without a sound."

“Eh? Wai-!”

“Ka-Kazuma!?”

Even though I was sure I was hidden with Lurk, the ninnin came rushing towards me.

And what the heck is with that movement? It’s too fast!"
(Vol 14 chapter 4)

-
Then we have feats dodging lightning, mostly done by Dust, which is the highest showing I could find.

"I crossed my arms and waited for Lynn, and she appeared after a short wait.

“Today, I’m going to teach you which one of us has the better-”

“Lightning!”

“That was close! Hey, don’t just suddenly start shooting magic without saying a word! You completed your chant before coming out here again!?”

“Tsk, he dodged it. Even though he falls for this every time…”
(Dust vol 2 chapter 2)

"Lynn angrily protested.

“Oh, so that’s why you’ve been eating nothing but salads! If you want to lose weight, I can help you get some exercise on the bed at night.”

“Lightning! I’ll blow you away!”

Lynn narrowly missed my face with a lightning bolt that sailed out through the open door.

“Gah, that was close! Say that before you shoot, not after!”

That was close. My face would’ve been in a right shape if that had connected."
(Dust vol 3 chapter 2)

-
However, one thing bothering me for this last one is the Demon King saying that no one should be able to dodge lightning magic and that you would need a skill like how Kazuma did (although it could refer to Kazuma's low stats)

"The bolt of black lightning the Demon King sent my way passed through the place where my head had been just a second ago.

If my Auto-Evasion skill didn’t activate right then, I would be headless right about now.

As I slowly stepped back in fear, the Demon King tilted his head in confusion while still maintaining his spell-casting posture.

“…? You used a skill to dodge that, didn’t you? Normally, no one can react fast enough to lightning magic to dodge it. Well, it would seem that you’re a troublesome one.”
(Vol 17 chapter 4) So at the lowest we have Superhuman - Subsonic feats done by Kazuma and at the highest we have Dust (a top tier) with MH+ feats and Kazuma's skill allowing him to do the same; although the Demon King statement is kind of weird. Idk what is the best, so it's just here.

P&A​

Power on multiples pages coming from nowhere or to reword​

So, I didn't ask or remove the ones I'll say because I wanted to see if it was in a spin-off I didn't read, but now I'm knowledgeable on every fan-translated Konosuba part so here's the things I didn't find anywhere, need rewording or need to be removed:

- Power Nullification (Able to nullify spells that are going to be used or already used). Besides Vanir who used nullification directly, I guess it comes from Magic Resistance? If it's the case, then it should be explained in a better way.

-Where is the BFR Resistance coming from? The justification is that they can "resist teleportation" except that Aqua was the only one to show this.

-Resistance to Fear Manipulation should be removed. It's just people getting scared of Faitfore's gaze, which is a dragon one. Random people spending time with her were fine with her or just found her cute.

Kazuma​

Didn't expected Kazuma to get any more than what he already got in the main series, but Dust's spin-off revealed that the magic sword he was given actually has the power to nullify any spells that would kill its wielder, albeit only one time

"The truth is, this sword has a special ability that I’ve yet to tell anyone.

If the wielder is attacked by a spell that would cause fatal damage, it has the ability to completely nullify it once, no matter what it is.

Princess Leonor entrusted it to me because she was worried about me after I became an exile.

I was planning to keep it with me for the rest of my life.

But it’s not only a protective charm; it’s also a chain that ties me back to my home country… To Princess Leonor.

As long as I have this, there’s no way I will be able to forget my past as a knight.

“Hey, Kazuma! That sword of yours, it’s just an ordinary sword without any sort of magic on it, right!? Just in case, you should take this with you!”

I removed my sword from my waist and tossed it to Kazuma.

“That’s technically an enchanted weapon. It isn’t a legendary-tier weapon that can only be equipped by a specific class, so even you should be able to make use of it. Just make sure you bring it back to me after you defeat the Demon King!”
(Dust spin off vol 7 chapter 1)

Here's how its effect worked in Kazuma's final fight

"I subconsciously drew my magic sword with the hand that was pressed against my shoulder and moved it in front of me to cover myself…

──With a crisp sound, the magic sword that took the force of that spell head on, shattered.

“Aaah!”

“!? …You found a way to survive even in that situation. Just how lucky are you?”

With the weapon I’ve been relying on reduced to pieces, I desperately threw the hilt of the sword at the Demon King as I retorted.

“What do you mean by lucky!? If I was really lucky, I wouldn’t be in this place in the first place! Aaah… That bastard Dust, I can’t believe he gave me such a rubbish sword!”

“Y-You shouldn’t say that about something another person gave you… In the first place, a regular magic sword wouldn’t be able to fend off a spell like that…”
(Vol 17 chapter 4)

As such, his EoS key should have a "limited Power Nullification (His magic sword can nullify any spell which would cause fatal damage to its wielder, albeit only one time)"

Archpriest Aqua​

The holy water Aqua made can ward off diseases. Since Aqua's whole being is made of this holy energy, she should have resistance to disease because of this

“Y-Yeah, I get it. The holy water that flows from the springs is not only extremely effective when used on the undead, it will also raise the quality of weapons when it’s used as polish, and it will also ward off diseases when it’s used to cook food. It truly is a wonderful substance with all manner of uses! ” (Continued Explosion vol 2 chapter 2

Gods (Aqua goddess key)​

Aqua's popularity poll short story gives us a minor information about Konosuba's world and the gods who rules over it: they are the one who made its laws/rules/limits

“Kazuma, magic doesn’t create water out of nothing, you know? Create Water and similar spells just gathers up water from the area using magic. If you use Create Water to water the fields, it’d just take away water from the atmosphere, so it wouldn’t solve anything in the long-term.”

… Yeah, if you can create an infinite amount of water from nothing, the amount of water in the world would steadily increase until it eventually turns the entire planet into a ball of water.

This world is under the guidance of a goddess, after all. I’m sure they set up such limits to prevent the world from being destroyed so easily."

While it's stated by Kazuma and not by an omniscient narrator, he's constantly used by the author to give world-info and suchlike (see how half of what we know of the Demon King is thanks to his deductions, suppositions and questions; which all happened to be right) , so I think it should be reliable + it is implied by a little something, which is Vanir.

Vanir​

To follow the thing about law manipulation, I think Vanir should have resistance to it thanks to this statement

– Possessing an indestructible form, his existence could be said to violate the rules of the world itself. The duke of hell, Vanir. (Vol 9 chapter 3)

While I would have found it a bit too vague by itself, the fact that goddesses are the one putting rules make sense as to why Vanir would resist it (being an ennemy of the god, they would just need to make a law about him not being able to come to the mortal realm).

Oh, and he also should have resistance to Cold based on this scene:

"As Sir Vanir broke out into laughter, Wiz stood up behind him.

She had an expression like that of an ogre. It was an expression I never thought I would see on such a kind hearted person like her.

“T-This is bad… S-Sir, behind you! I-It’s cold! I’m freezing!”

A bone chillingly cold blast of air started coming from Wiz.

My breath immediately started creating white clouds, my body trembled in the cold, and my teeth chattered together noisily.

On one side is a former adventurer once widely feared as the Ice Witch, and on the other side is Sir Vanir whose strength I know all too well.

If they were to fight seriously, this entire store will be leveled to the ground.

“What are you up to now? It’s not yet the season where we require air conditioning. Are you perhaps trying to cool your body that has been warmed up in the throes of passion for so long? Still, you should not lower the temperature inside the store to this degree. It would be most troublesome if my prime wine were to be breezed by your freezing sneeze… Oh, right, it was already worthless! My apologies!”

“Even if it’s you, Vanir-san, there are some jokes you shouldn’t tell…”

The temperature seemed to fall even further.

This is really bad. If I stay here I’ll definitely die!

I forced my trembling body to move and somehow managed to tumble out of this deathtrap of a store."
'(Dust spinoff vol 5 chapter 1)'

Seresdina​

Where Clairvoyance comes from?

Same for Mind Manipulation + Status Effect Inducement resistances.

Also maybe Plant and Poison Manipulation? I get it's curse-based, but I don't remember a curse doing this.

Yunyun​

I think she deserves a key for her Explosion self, aka when she only had Intermediate magic. I just personnally feel it would look better.

I think her "unconventionnal resistances" are heavily exagerated. Let's look at the quote which gives them:

“Amazing Sir, to reveal that kind of trouble in front of this many people. Yunyun’s eyes have already lost her spirit! Even I won’t be able to perform such a cruel public execution!”

The surrounding adventurers who heard this exchange fired sympathetic gazes towards Yunyun, whose eyes were dead and whose body stopped moving. Perhaps she was suffering too much.

A taste of the greatest of negative emotions – Moi will settle for this much.

“Let’s see, thy bright future shown by Moi power is…! Future……?’

“Please don’t stop, what about my bright future!? It’s making me super anxious!”

Yunyun, whose eyes were dead a moment ago, was now gripping Moi shoulders and shaking repeatedly.

“Now settle down, lady whose future Moi would not want to look directly at. From what Moi sees, you are a high level adventurer. While not comparable to the nuisance of a store owner who has too much free time, to have so much power at your young age that even Moi would struggle to see through is quite a great feat.”

“You have only said terrible things since we met, so it’s rare for you compliment me, but I heard you say ‘lady whose future Moi would not want to look directly at’ and not mention what to do about it at all!”

Whilst Yunyun continued to shake Moi, Moi considered the next course of action.

To be unable to see through was beyond Moi expectations.

No, Moi was able to at least confirm that she would soon make a friend."
(Masked spin off chapter 1)

While it is true that Vanir doesn't want to look at Yunyun's future, he also couldn't see it entirely, which would make her keep her resistance to precognition/clairvoyance.

What I'm against is the probability manipulation resistance, which is out of context: Dust constantly make fun of Yunyun being a loner, and he's not really reliable regarding gods stuff (except Iris' chest being padded); Seresdina and Regina's powers are focused on curses and revenge, she said she couldn't help Yunyun, but said the same for a lot of others adventurers asking unrelated things; and Vanir confirmed that she could make friend, so it clearly isn't an impossible thing to the point of resisting probability manipulation.

Lolisa​

Her statistics amplification should also include being able to use others' spiritual energy to strengthen herself

"“If you are suddenly attacked by people, it is no good to immediately come ask Moi for help. Even if you are a minor devil, you should be able to feed on the spiritual energy of normal people and use that power to fight. Us devils are a class above humans, you know?” (Masked spinoff chapter 4)

Conclusion​

-BFR and Fear Resistance get removed for everyone who have it for no reason. Power null is either removed or reworded under the same logic.

-Kazuma should get limited Power Null with his magic sword

-Aqua should have resistance to Disease Manipulation in her Archpriest key, and Law manipulation in her goddess one

-Vanir should have resistance to both Heat and Law Manipulation.

-Lolisa gain another reason for Stats Amplification

-Yunyun lose resistance to possibility manip and get a better explanation for a not-so-unconventionnal resistance to precog + a new key

-Seresdina get all of the weird things removed

-Speed changes from everyone Unknown to whatever will be decided.

Did Kazuma or any of the other "low" tiers ever actually react to Majin?

Btw unrelated but Kazuma should be "9-C, likely 9-B with Chunchunmaru"

Superhuman to Subsonic ratings seems more accurate, we don't exactly know how Dust dodged the lightning (and I wouldn't consider him a top tier), also the Demon King clearly stated that these kind of attacks can't be dodged normally.

I am fine with the ability changes.

Kazuma reacted to Ninnin in their fight.

Dust is.technically top tier except in AP as a Warrior while his "prime" fully is one.

What's the reasonning for 9-C, possibly 9-B?

Last edited:
Since these seem like mostly uncontroversial changes, what has been accepted can probably be applied.

Also something I forgot to add/ask:

Where the "Unconventionnal Time Manipulation" comes from for Aqua?

And Aqua should get every goddess-related power Eris has for her goddess key.

Chunchunmaru is well, a sword, first-off. Which would pretty much make it 9-C by default (Unless... The sword is super dull, which seems unlikely given its feats of piercing through enemies). And the likely 9-B comes from him being able to fend off against some low-mid tiers like the giant frogs, bulls, etc. I'm sure there are other scenarios where he's damaged 9-Bs before with his weapons as well, but I'll have to find them. There's also his arrows that should have similar potency.

I actually have a question regarding AP and SS. Taking Kazuma's case, let's say he's 9-B with his main weapons, would you still include his 10-A physical rating in the AP or would you move it to SS? This has been confusing me for a little bit.

It was the reason for me proposing a "possibly 9-C/9-B" for low tiers in the last thread actually. Killing frogs, bulls, lizard runner etc... (although the first two were only because one couldn't move and the other was knocked out already). I don't think his weapons should have a separate rating, since we know that weapons are influenced by the stats of the user (explained in vol 1 iirc), with Dust being a sort of exception.

I think it would be in his SS, since he still strikes stuff.

Speed and AP related stuff I think.
Also what I said for Aqua.

Thank you. It can probably be applied then.

Superhuman to Subsonic ratings seems more accurate, we don't exactly know how Dust dodged the lightning (and I wouldn't consider him a top tier), also the Demon King clearly stated that these kind of attacks can't be dodged normally.

I am fine with the ability changes.
I agree with these views. I also think lightning in the verse would need to meet the real lightning standard to be accurate, from the Lighting Feats page.

I thought that proving it wasn't needed, since the thread which gave them MH+ rating some time ago already proved that.

But yeah, Dust dodging can be put as aimdodging or the spin off being by another author so I'm fine with something like "Superhuman, likely Subsonic" too. Since everyone seems to agree with the speed point, I guess it can be added?

What Elizhaa has accepted can probably be applied.

Thank you. Is there anything left to do here?

To add to this topic a justification like (Despite being of the weakest class, he can still kill monsters such as Giant Toad, although he needs them to be immobile) could work at best.

But given the previous feats (the one in the AP CRT) all being far below this and most of his feats above 10-A being when he's buffed (meaning it can't be used) I personally find kinda hard for him to be any higher.

Should I send out notification messages, and if so, to which members?

Maybe one to Phoenks, since they're the one who brought the possible tier 9 thingy.

Yeah, I do believe his sword Chunchunmaru, and some of his other weapons are "9-C, possibly 9-B" for the reasons above. NOT Kazuma himself. He's definitely still 10-A physically.

It's just I am confused on something; If someone's main weapons are higher tier than them physically, do you simply list the weapon's tier, or put their physical tiering next to the weapon's tier.

Example. Kazuma has a 9-B sword and arrows but is 10-A physically. Do you just list him has 9-C, possibly 9-B, or do you put "10-A physically, 9-C, possibly 9-B with Chunchunmaru & etc"?

The problem is that weapon are influenced by stats, since Kazuma said that the potency of his arrows is linked to his stats and Darkness said something similar for her armor.
Although I guess it doesn't change much anyway.

Going by profiles such as Negan, it looks like weapons don't count.

I guess Kazuma would still have the tier physically and a 9-C, possibly tier 9-C with his Chunchunmaru weapon.

"9-C, possibly 9-B with weapons" would be the best most likely, since it still kill monsters like Giant Toad.

Back