• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Hey, if normal humans can beat her, so can someone with similar AP, right? Though she does look like his sister... maybe he'll hesitate.

Kirito

vs.

Shadow Mio

Rules:
  • Floor 5 Kirito
  • Speed Equalized
  • Starting distance is 5 meters
  • Fight takes place in the Floor 5 boss room
Attack Potency Comparisons:
  • Kirito: Above 0.011784543 Tons
  • Shadow Mio: Above 0.0096 Tons

fde6d8083d4ef46e99dcdf79b4185ca2c98e015e.png
7aa5262edb4e7feef406fe04fad1f9cf.jpg

Ooo Lovely match.... They should be relatively similar or Mio being slightly inferior in AP;
Shadow Mio (Far Stronger as she's later comparable to a stronger Ushio & ) >> Ushio (Against Berserk Mrs Hishigata) > Shide (Without Armour) >? Berserk Shadow Hishigata = 0.009 Tons

Looking at Kirito's profile, Based on how it's worded, I'm not sure if his Stealth Negation skill would be effective against Shadow Mio's stealth for reason below;
  • If he can simply "see" someone lurking the shadows then it wouldn't be enough. Shadow Mio moves within her shadow in most instances which a shadow (the actual reflection) itself makes no sound so she will be able to sneak attack Kirito by simply evading to a area her shadow body isn't visible which will be easy for her as she is very mobile and the area they fight is sophisticated.
That being said, Stealth blitzing kirito could be a wincon given the right circumstances. Given SBA, Standard Equipment are applicable meaning she'd be able to close the distance & decacipate Kirito with one blow or break his neck/crush his skull seeing the LS difference.

Secondly, A shadow's perception comes into play here. Her perception of time aroun her along with kirito will be slowed down akin to seeing free-falling objects in slow motion. This means kirito will appear snail paced to her while she's actively attacking him aswell as his attacks will be far easier to dodge.

Thirdly, Kirito in this battle has no prior knowledge will not know a shadow's weakness (the shadow beneath their feet) so he'll be attacking a mirror who's gonna be regenerating his attacks constantly giving Mio the opportunity to switch strategy and end up defeating him after a extensive exchange as kirito doesn't have comparable regen. Unless he can potentially figure out her weakness which will be nigh-impossible as smart shadow's such as Mio do not have obvious leads on their weaknesses and a shadow's weakness was only discovered after extensive research from having experimenting on them firsthand.

Lastly, Seeing his stealth negation skill has to do with his sight. Without sensory abilities on Mio's location is gonna be a hassle, using the maneuverability of a shadow, she can scale sealings move through small cracks and manipulate the size of her body and her range which can extend up to tens of meters if she wishes making cqc more advantageous for herself. Mio can move to a location where kirito cannot reach/a location he cant see her and copy kirito & his weaponry, literally becoming kirito herself aswell as using his combat skill/memory and mind against his own self. Im leaning towards her for now, but i will stay tuned for other arguments for kirito and mio 🙏🏽

Last edited:
I’m very lazy so I’m just gonna send my arguments in a discord screenshot and I will be answering to this thread if a beautiful white woman can lure me here with arguments for either side :sleep:
IMG_4129.png

IMG_4130.png

Considering Kirito was in a video game filled with bosses that have gimmicks (I believe one had a similar one) this shouldn’t be too hard to figure out.

Also these are the matches we’re condemned to? We used to fight Kratos and sonic and Goku but now we have 9-B fodder matches I’m gonna KILLLLLLLL myself /jk

Not gonna vote (since ofc I'm the OP, lol), but Kirito could figure out a Shadow's weakness imo. He has a pretty high battle IQ. He already has a superior base attack potency (Since a 3 floor difference in SAO is already considered a stomp match, or around one shot territory), and Sword Skills boost that even further (up to one shot territory, as Sword Skills can normally one shot an enemy that would take multiple blows otherwise).

The Search Skill notices minute details anywhere in the user's field of vision. He'd be able to see a moving shadow, especially since the Floor 5 boss room is an open arena, and especially if they start only 5 meters away, where he'd be able to clearly see her drop into her shadow.

Also keep in-mind that VR avatars aren't the same as normal humans, they only take the shape of humans, kinda like Shadows actually. Strangulation has never been shown to be possible in the game, and everything is based on HP, as their HP goes down when they're underwater. They also have no organs or insides, and slashing through him or trying to crush any body part won't work either because, well...
main-qimg-b3989ceaba934f497f742723fa38bcad

So this means traditional means of killing a human wouldn't kill Kirito either, she'll have to widdle down his HP, and he'll of course always have potions to heal back up.

As for how Kirito could figure out a Shadow's weakness, he'd successfully hit her with a Sword Skill, as Sword Skills also massive boost one's speed, and most gap-closing Sword Skills are exactly 5 meters. When she immediately regenerates, he'll immediately be thinking Shadow Mio is some type of mob with a gimmick, as there's tons of gimmicky mobs on SAO, such as the Irrational Cube, which requires solving a Rubik's Cube + multiple Sudoku Puzzles in a row to defeat, and thus Kirito would immediately be trying to look for weaknesses.

The moment Kirito sees Shadow Mio dip into her shadow, or disappear and damage him from a blind spot from within a shadow (which he'd survive via his VR physiology, his HP would just dip), he would put 2 and 2 together that her true self must be the shadow, rather than the person themselves.

The only thing that Kirito would struggle with is Shadow Mio's maneuverability advantage, especially since she can scale the boss room's walls, though I don't remember any time in the series when a Shadow scanned someone while inside of their shadow. Even Haine needed to be manifested as Shiori to copy Shinpei.

Also, I'm not too sure if Shadow Mio would be able to copy the game mechanics of SAO, and thus be able to use Sword Skills. A Shadow is just a projection of a person after-all, not the real deal, so she would still have her stats instead of Kirito's, though having Kirito's memories may be beneficial, but at that point, he'd likely have her weakness pinned down and strike it via a feint or other means, since Kirito's whole style is based on tricking people and creating openings once he finds a weakness.

Ayo?? They had Ushio (someone stronger than her), 2 day prep time and weapons that are effective against shadows 😤
She got put down by a shotgun in one of the time loops, and by Shinpei with a knife in another route, lmao

Not gonna vote (since ofc I'm the OP, lol), but Kirito could figure out a Shadow's weakness imo. He has a pretty high battle IQ. He already has a superior base attack potency (Since a 3 floor difference in SAO is already considered a stomp match, or around one shot territory), and Sword Skills boost that even further (up to one shot territory, as Sword Skills can normally one shot an enemy that would take multiple blows otherwise).

The Search Skill notices minute details anywhere in the user's field of vision. He'd be able to see a moving shadow, especially since the Floor 5 boss room is an open arena, and especially if they start only 5 meters away, where he'd be able to clearly see her drop into her shadow.

Also keep in-mind that VR avatars aren't the same as normal humans, they only take the shape of humans, kinda like Shadows actually. Strangulation has never been shown to be possible in the game, and everything is based on HP, as their HP goes down when they're underwater. They also have no organs or insides, and slashing through him or trying to crush any body part won't work either because, well...
main-qimg-b3989ceaba934f497f742723fa38bcad

So this means traditional means of killing a human wouldn't kill Kirito either, she'll have to widdle down his HP, and he'll of course always have potions to heal back up.

As for how Kirito could figure out a Shadow's weakness, he'd successfully hit her with a Sword Skill, as Sword Skills also massive boost one's speed, and most gap-closing Sword Skills are exactly 5 meters. When she immediately regenerates, he'll immediately be thinking Shadow Mio is some type of mob with a gimmick, as there's tons of gimmicky mobs on SAO, such as the Irrational Cube, which requires solving a Rubik's Cube + multiple Sudoku Puzzles in a row to defeat, and thus Kirito would immediately be trying to look for weaknesses.

The moment Kirito sees Shadow Mio dip into her shadow, or disappear and damage him from a blind spot from within a shadow (which he'd survive via his VR physiology, his HP would just dip), he would put 2 and 2 together that her true self must be the shadow, rather than the person themselves.

The only thing that Kirito would struggle with is Shadow Mio's maneuverability advantage, especially since she can scale the boss room's walls, though I don't remember any time in the series when a Shadow scanned someone while inside of their shadow. Even Haine needed to be manifested as Shiori to copy Shinpei.

Also, I'm not too sure if Shadow Mio would be able to copy the game mechanics of SAO, and thus be able to use Sword Skills. A Shadow is just a projection of a person after-all, not the real deal, so she would still have her stats instead of Kirito's, though having Kirito's memories may be beneficial, but at that point, he'd likely have her weakness pinned down and strike it via a feint or other means, since Kirito's whole style is based on tricking people and creating openings once he finds a weakness.
It's a stomp in Kirito's favour then. She can't conventionally kill him with her strikes seeing that gif, cant copy his skills due to them being incredibly different and data based for biological creatures only. Kirito can also bypass her stealth which is her major go to and apparently he has a skill that analyzes the opponent and figures out their weakness. Nothing Mio can do here to win.

She got put down by a shotgun in one of the time loops, and by Shinpei with a knife in another route, lmao
1. Shotguns or guns overall in the show have been shown to harm the best of the best including Shide & Haine themselves which would make them 9-A too.
2. She was shot in her shadow body which would ultimately kill her (Shotguns are 9-C with piercing damage) + She fought Ryuuonosuke which is asking for death atp 😭.
3. Shinpei stabbed her in her shadow body which is 9-C (Hes also 9-C) aswell AFTER Ginjiro already shot her head off from like 600 meters away not giving her time to react.

It's not an in-game skill or gameplay mechanic, but more of general intelligence when fighting mobs in video games, which Kirito shows in spades. Traditionally, if you can't hurt a mob, the first thing you think of is trying to find the weakness.

Also Shadow Mio definitely has an advantage in maneuverability though (and higher combat intelligence apparently judging from her Genius intellect... which is kinda crazy I don't remember Shadow Mio being that smart in fights, but it's an advantage here). A win condition for Mio would be attacking Kirito through a blind spot, since he wouldn't be too used to her shadow traveling at the start (or trading hits, where she gets hit and she hits him back), realizes he isn't like a normal human, then backs up with her superior maneuverability and immediately scans him.

Copying him may not give her Sword Skills, but it'll give her his memories and predict what he'd do next, because she literally has his memories now. She'd know that it'd be easy for him to find out about her shadow, and thus would move in such a way where it'd be harder for him to hit her, which shouldn't be too hard with her superior intelligence.

Kirito at this point in the series is also prone to anger, making him more sloppy, so she'd know that too from his memories, and thus could chip away at his health for a victory there via hit and run tactics, not letting him touch her shadow, nor letting him drink any potions to heal.

It's not an in-game skill or gameplay mechanic, but more of general intelligence when fighting mobs in video games, which Kirito shows in spades. Traditionally, if you can't hurt a mob, the first thing you think of is trying to find the weakness.
I see. With my knowledge on SAO, he is quite smart in figuring out weakness of others too. I believe it wouldnt take a simple glance for him to realize but a thorough fight as shadows overall are cunning when disguising their weakness far adept to monsters as they're simple AI in SAO imo due to the fact they don't usually depend on escaping in their shadow mid-combat but rely on regen and suprise attacks.

Also Shadow Mio definitely has an advantage in maneuverability though (and higher combat intelligence apparently judging from her Genius intellect... which is kinda crazy I don't remember Shadow Mio being that smart in fights, but it's an advantage here). A win condition for Mio would be attacking Kirito through a blind spot, since he wouldn't be too used to her shadow traveling at the start (or trading hits, where she gets hit and she hits him back), realizes he isn't like a normal human, then backs up with her superior maneuverability and immediately scans him.
1. Mio herself just scales off those who have feats against the Genius Intelligents like Shide/Haine/Ryuunosuke/Kinda Ushio. Mainly Shide however. Shide himself is an incredible Genius in combat if I've ever seen one 🗣 and he also has It on his profile ofc.
2. Blindspot? I don't think shadows have any ideas of 'blindspots' nor have they used such a thing in any combat instance, they def haven't copied the byakugan in this lifetime lol. Also, let's do say she can close the gap and get hits in, Kirito will not be phased at all and he has healing pods to regeneration HP if things get dire, now Mio could continuously keep this up since she has the stamina until he runs out of healing stuff. So that maybe be a wincon.
3. Upon rethinking, I don't think shadow mio will be hit in this fight with base CQC stuff. Mio is already more skilled than Kirito here due to rating and she is far more skilled than tokiko's shadows can dodge shide's sharp near-danmaku limbs which can elongate to tens of meters DESPITE not being able to see but only hear and he wasn't even facing direction. Along with this, she has a slow down perception of time so kirito's movements will appear very slow to her giving her time to attack before kirito can even register or even block the attacks.

Copying him may not give her Sword Skills, but it'll give her his memories and predict what he'd do next, because she literally has his memories now. She'd know that it'd be easy for him to find out about her shadow, and thus would move in such a way where it'd be harder for him to hit her, which shouldn't be too hard with her superior intelligence.
Like i mentioned before, not even sure she can copy kirito since he's a game computer character when shadow's only have been shown to copy biological creatures and physical objects that exist irl.... Assuming this does work, based on the fact her movement makes no sound and she's can't be 'sensed' by kirito, kirito will be pushed into a corner here... His every movement can be dodged by Mio as they appear in snail paced and her hits have a very high chance of hitting him due to this aswell as her skill in combat is apparently superior to kirito here and it's based off her being a untouchable dodge queen to those who are in the same skill tier as her. And now she'll know his every movement and thought after copying him giving her the ability to heavily counter, given her incredible maneuverbility aswell.... Kirito needs to have some sort of game changer here.
It will be funny seeing two kirito's with dual swords duking out lol.

Kirito at this point in the series is also prone to anger, making him more sloppy, so she'd know that too from his memories, and thus could chip away at his health for a victory there via hit and run tactics, not letting him touch her shadow, nor letting him drink any potions to heal.
1. I see. Shadow's can normally manipulate and change the shape and statistics of their shadow aslong they can see or sense their opponent which Mio has here. So i doubt even an attack dedicated to her shadow will hit her aslong as she has her senses locked on him.
2. Mio's wincon again here is to continuously attack Kirito, not giving him room to use any sort of healing or retaliate against her with attacks while having the advantage of skill, a slowed down percentage of time, superior maneuverbility aswell as a way to literally know Kirito's every thought & movement after scanning him once.
3. Just wanted to point out, Mio's stealth has worked on someone who solely has the ability to sense her kind aswell as normal shadow sensory abilities which has a Kilometers range. Incase, Kirito's stealth neg has a hidden secret.

Last edited:
1 for Kirito (I'm assuming via him taking out Shadow Mio quickly before she can back up and copy him), and 1 for Shadow Mio (via if she does manage to back up, copy him, then form a plan of attack to slowly do hit and run tactics)

Also just a note though, copying may still be hard because Speed Equalized, and plus a Shadow is basically stunned while they're copying something, giving Kirito an opening to close the distance and stab her shadow, so. Even if she doesn't manage to copy him though, she still has the skill + maneuverability + perception advantage (Though note that Kirito also has rudimentary precog via predicting his opponent's moves in advance, seeing as how he can defend against multiple enemies from all sides of him even all the way back in Floor 1).

Also just a note though, copying may still be hard because Speed Equalized, and plus a Shadow is basically stunned while they're copying something, giving Kirito an opening to close the distance and stab her shado
Given Kirito's stealth negation is limited to sight (He can look at someone who's lurking in the shadows). Mio can evade his senses using stealth and copy him given he has no sensory abilities to find her location at every given time (Awareness Type). She has 2 seconds to have a chance at copying him while kirito is actively looking for her, which pulls off in most cases in this fight than not due to the disadvantage kirito has.

Given Kirito's stealth negation is limited to sight (He can look at someone who's lurking in the shadows). Mio can evade his senses using stealth and copy him given he has no sensory abilities to find her location at every given time (Awareness Type). She has 2 seconds to have a chance at copying him while kirito is actively looking for her, which pulls off in most cases in this fight than not due to the disadvantage kirito has.
Kirito’s Searching and Hiding skills actually let him see fully invisible people so I think it wouldn’t be that hard to find her.

Kirito’s Searching and Hiding skills actually let him see fully invisible people so I think it wouldn’t be that hard to find her.
1. Haine's sensory abilities allowed her to sense every shadow related object and creature within a kilometers vicinity of her and she was still suprised by Mio's stealth. Her stealth is more effective against a better type of sixth senses.
2. Even if he could potentially see Mio. It would be too late, Mio's maneuverbility gives her the advantage to be anywhere on the battle field meaning;
  • If she decided to scale and copy Kirito on the roof, Kirito will be looking around trying to find her location but without being able to accurately pinpoint her location she'd already copy him by that time even if he ends up actually seeing her making it ggs for him
I have found information once more for Mio;
  • Mio has enough range to stretch her limbs across the battle field and enhance their damage as turning them into blades (Tens of meters to be exact) and fight kirito in cqc from meters away keeping him occupied from her main body lol. I just remembered she's able ro commit luffy.
  • She can also fuse her main body/projected body with kirito's weapons the moment she's about to get hit negating damage effect on her and reappear anytime she desires to attack again (Check Shadow Page). She does this in character too, Kirito has less of a chance to actually damage Mio here.

Back