• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Schroeder said:
Isn't Guts capable of slicing souls with his Dragonslayer or am I missing something?
He can, but he has to overcome his opponents physical durability to attack their astral body. This type of damage is permenant and as a result negates Regenerationn abilities (unless the opponent can reattach limbs back onto their body.) Lastly, it allows Guts to combat intangible beings.

Would souls even come into the equation seeing as how Kirito is a technological enemy and doesn't realyl have a soul (since he's not realyl real)? Or are we combining Kazuto's actual form into Kirito and changing the canon up a bit?

Gemmysaur said:
I think we interpret them as both being living beings in a neutral universe.
Alright, makes sense. Just saw this and was curious.

In the end I'd hand it to Kirito (since I'm here now anyways). Gut's strength has allowed him to lift the mast of a large ship (which probably weighed between 50,000-75,000 lbs), meaning he's got just about 300-500x the typical human strength. Kirito's strength allowed him to chop through a tree that would generally take 900 years in 5 days. Cutting it in half due to the help he received (from a lesser powered person but we're going to cover all the bases) and assuming only one person was chopping in those 900 years (which it wasn't, there was a large team, but again, we'll lowball it), Kirito still chopped over 32,000x faster than a "typical" man.

That coupled with Kirito's misc abilities and the Excalibur's stated skill to break through steel (meaning it could break through the Berserker armor and potentially kill Guts as long as it was lethal instantly and not compounded hits), I'd hand it to Kirito.

The numbers you just listed are ridiculously lowballing Guts and Kirito.

Just to be at the bare minimum of Large Building level they'd have to be 41,940,000 times stronger than peak human. Your argument has already fallen fallen apart.

In addition, Gut's can fight on despite having taken sword wounds to the chest, so no Excalibur breaking through steel doesn't change anything.

Guts has higher stamina, more experience and his ability to slice the soul should have an effect on Kirito. Hell, just his far superior stamina should give him the win.

LordKill90908 said:
The numbers you just listed are ridiculously lowballing Guts and Kirito.
Just to be at the bare minimum of Large Building level they'd have to be 41,940,000 times stronger than peak human. Your argument has already fallen fallen apart.

In addition, Gut's can fight on despite having taken sword wounds to the chest, so no Excalibur breaking through steel doesn't change anything.

Guts has higher stamina, more experience and his ability to slice the soul should have an effect on Kirito. Hell, just his far superior stamina should give him the win.
Not lowballing. Stating feats from the series.

Yes, Berserker Armor keeps him from dying from compounded non-lethal wounds. If he was, say, decapitated... that's a different story.

I won't argue because I'm not in the mood. I'd give it to Kirito.

Welcome to the Wikia @Mr. Bambu

For your first claim, LordKill speaks for me on that "Just to be at the bare minimum of Large Building level they'd have to be 41,940,000 times stronger than peak human."

Your second claim is also faulty, since you're assuming Guts and his Dragon Slayer have the durability of steel. My response to this is no, it's not steel durability at all. It's Large Building level durability as the profile suggests, knowing Guts (pre Eclipse) can withstand blows from this dude is also a clear indicator that you're gonna need more than a steel cutting weapon to kill this man.

Thanks for the cheery welcome, I guess.

Show me a feat for them being that. I researched them both a long while back and that's what I found. I'm interested.

Perhaps I could have worded that better. Excalibur, the sword designed by the gods, was said to be able to in the Manga cut through steel and trees- it was a metaphor for its innate ability to cut through oganic material and minerals.

Excalibur doesn't have any special ability like that, last time i checked. It's only said that it can cut through steel and trees because it's the sharpest thing in ALO. That's all.

You could be right, although I'd argue that it was open to interpretation as the wording was... we'll call it shifty.

I'm still interested in the feats for these characters being over 40,000,000 stronger than the average man. I love both of these guys and I'd hate to misjudge them.

Mr. Bambu said:
Show me a feat for them being that. I researched them both a long while back and that's what I found. I'm interested.

Perhaps I could have worded that better. Excalibur, the sword designed by the gods, was said to be able to in the Manga cut through steel and trees- it was a metaphor for its innate ability to cut through oganic material and minerals.
Check the profiles, all is available there. And if you disagree feel free to create a content revision thread.

"Innate ability to cut through oganic material and minerals." Going by this quote alone, I'm guessing that Excalibur's innate ability is to be able to cut through any organic substance without fail? And by the way, cutting through steel (don't even know how much of it) and trees is still not going put down someone whose resisted the punches of apostles who can smash apart boulders; can withstand multiple direct shots of lightning. But I don't really need to repeat this since they're both Large Building and cutting through steel and trees is usually wall level feats.

The Tree referred to is The World Tree, which is no normal tree. I wouldn't trust myself to explain it but... I suggest you look into it.

@AMM As i said in my previous post, Excalibur doesn't have any power like that, it's just really sharp.

@Mr. Bambu Excalibur never cut through the World Tree. It did cut off a few of it's roots, but only when thrown at them by someone MUCH stronger than Kirito. Kirito himsef would be completely unable to replicate that.

Who? (as in who threw it that was much stronger than Kirito, seeing as how he's probably the most powerful player entity).

Thrym threw it. As in, a Dungeon Boss that came very close to decimating Kirito's entire party without major difficulties.

Also, Yuuki is a player and she's stronger than Kirito.

NotEvenHuman said:
Thrym threw it. As in, a Dungeon Boss that came very close to decimating Kirito's entire party without major difficulties.
Also, Yuuki is a player and she's stronger than Kirito.
Interesting, that does explain a lot, but the sword no doubt is still extremely powerful in the hands of Kirito, who before all the other story arcs cut through that dragon's arm in a single swipe. Perhaps not as effective, but I'd say it could potentially kill Guts in his Berserker armor with a good hit as... Guts armor keeps him alive by piercing him together, if I recall. It can't heal the brain, or a destroyed heart.

Really? I'd accept that, as they were both leagues ahead of most players, so... alright.

When i said stronger, i was talking about overall combat ability, not just raw physical strenght. Though i wouldn't be surprised at all if Yuuki was also physically stronger than Kirito.

Overall combat ability? That depends. Yuuki is faster and is a natural at swordsmanship.

Meanwhile Kirito is slower, but has skill in being a team player for his time in SAO boss raids, decision-making skills for his time leading his little party in ALO, has creativity and out of the box thinking that allowed him to create the OuSS, Skill Connect, Arms Blast, Spell Blast and Distinguish, has technical knowhow to push an AI to its limits and use its own movements against it, shown with the OuSS, Mislead and high multitasking ability, shown when he was able to cite his Armament Full Control Art spell mid battle.

TL;DR

Yuuki = better swordsman

Kirito = better fighter

I vote Guts both rounds. Round 1 for being simply much faster and round 2 for the higher AP, higher experience, and absurdly higher stamina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back