• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If my calculation is correctly Spoilers: they probably aren't Twilight is about 1.66× stronger than Kirby so she got AP and Dura advantage
Buuuuuuuut I don't see any resistance to BFR soooo

Hmmm….
Twilight has the AP, Speed, and LS Advantage. I don’t foresee her getting Sucked any time soon unless Kirby catches her off guard or something. Which sucks, cause Kirby usually leads with Sucking, but it also means Twi has pretty much no reason to use the aforementioned Teleport-out-of-the-Succ trick since she can kind of just brace herself.

Since Twi leads with Magic Beams, and Kirby leads with Sucking, I think the match is going to start off with Twilight shooting at our bubblegum Lad and Kirby eating the Magic, then transforming into some sort of Magic Kirby. I wonder if there’s a Transformation that would apply for that, or if Kirby would become a sort of My Little Pony Kirby, lol.

Twilight could always teleport around and play a safe game, especially in the case that she sees Kirby is going to be deadly at close-range, since he can apparently eat anything she fires at him, and with her being able to severely outrange Kirby (since he wouldn't start with copy abilities) with various long-range attacks, I'll be voting her.

Twilight could always teleport around and play a safe game, especially in the case that she sees Kirby is going to be deadly at close-range, since he can apparently eat anything she fires at him, and with her being able to severely outrange Kirby (since he wouldn't start with copy abilities) with various long-range attacks, I'll be voting her.
How does playing the safe game = a win? You said yourself, he can eat anything she throws at him, which would also give him a Copy Ability. In that case, it’d be a Magic fight, with Kirby having become some sorta Magic Kirby vs Twilight. Since Kirby usually knows how to use Copy Abilities he gets (such as being unable to use a sword, but becoming skilled with a sword once he swallows it iirc), they’d effectively be equals.

And in that case, even if Twilight has superior Physicals, their Magic (which Kirby has copied in this case) has a lot of Hax. Wouldn’t it be Incon, since at that point, either one could effectively power null/morality Manip/Transmute the other whenever they need to?

Which is via outranging. Pretty sure that even once Kirby eats an attack, he has to directly lose it to absorb another attack (or fires it back), and Twilight doesn't really have an innate defense outside of tanking energy attacks (or teleporting, something that Twilight herself can directly counter) that Kirby can take advantage of. Also, skill =/= hax, as Twi's stuff is far more complicated than that, considering she's also supposed to be one of the best magic users in-verse, and Starswirl (someone who has hundreds of years of experience) has confirmed she's smarter than him in a regard, whereas Kirby just vaguely gets skilled in swordfighting.

Also, even if they were equal in every way, Twi should still take it with her AP advantage because they're even in every other category, according to your argument here.

Which is via outranging. Pretty sure that even once Kirby eats an attack, he has to directly lose it to absorb another attack (or fires it back), and Twilight doesn't really have an innate defense outside of tanking energy attacks (or teleporting, something that Twilight herself can directly counter) that Kirby can take advantage of. Also, skill =/= hax, as Twi's stuff is far more complicated than that, considering she's also supposed to be one of the best magic users in-verse, and Starswirl (someone who has hundreds of years of experience) has confirmed she's smarter than him in a regard, whereas Kirby just vaguely gets skilled in swordfighting.
I wasn’t arguing that Kirby out-skills her. I was arguing that Kirby usually copies skill, or at the very least gains the skill required to use his Copy Abilities. In addition, whatever Twi can directly counter with her Magic, I’d assume Kirby would be able to as well- considering it’s her magical abilities he’s copying in the first place.
Also, even if they were equal in every way, Twi should still take it with her AP advantage because they're even in every other category, according to your argument here.
My Argument didn’t bring up AP cause I thought it unnecessary. I said ‘since either one could power null/morality Manip/Transmute the other when necessary’, as in either one would be able to use their Hax to defeat the other once that occurs. Hence why I mentioned incon- why argue about a 1.66x AP Advantage when they can literally transmute their enemy?

I wasn’t arguing that Kirby out-skills her. I was arguing that Kirby usually copies skill, or at the very least gains the skill required to use his Copy Abilities. In addition, whatever Twi can directly counter with her Magic, I’d assume Kirby would be able to as well- considering it’s her magical abilities he’s copying in the first place.
Kirby hasn't copied skill to that degree, so there's no reason to assume he'd copy all of the skill with magic, especially since it's required multiple years in study, whereas Kirby's best copy to that level is vaguely copying sword combat, which, regardless, probably seems something that he'd have innate knowledge upon. I doubt Kirby has directly shown in the anime to copy skill to this high of a level or has any statements that allow him to copy all of the skills of someone who's attack he absorbs (not the person, just the attack itself).

So no, Kirby shouldn't even be able to copy her magic skill in the first place, meaning that, like all pegasi, he can use magic, but he doesn't have enough skill to use stronger ones, meaning Twilight outskills + outranges + larger arsenal/hax + higher AP.

Twilight Sparkle FRA.

When Kirby gets upgraded to 2-C, we should really pitch the canon iteration of the character against Rainbow Powered Twilight.

So she can get stomped? They're a good number of Universes above baseline by the look of it.
Is that actually the case? I'd like a citation then to verify, since I was not aware of this. I proposed the idea also because I like the idea of these two characters fighting, and thought it was fair since Twilight has a multitude of hax under her belt just like Kirby.

When Kirby gets upgraded to 2-C, we should really pitch the canon iteration of the character against Rainbow Powered Twilight.
??? I thought the game version of Kirby was getting upgraded. Not the anime version wtf that makes no sense

Back