• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby Cosmology Upgrade Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be noted that 超えよ also just translates to, as I said above, to cross over or pass through, which means picking specifically exceed and trying to use it to argue superiority is cherry picking one single definition from Jisho and ignoring all context

Should be noted that 超えよ also just translates to, as I said above, to cross over or pass through, which means picking specifically exceed and trying to use it to argue superiority is cherry picking one single definition from Jisho and ignoring all context
Pretty sure Pepto countered that point like 5 times in this thread already but whatever i am just keeping his place warm til he is back

I probably won't even have Internet access for the next few days so screw it, I'll keep this as brief and simple as possible so we can go from there. The in-game context goes as follows.

1: All of the statements about AD's superiority to space and time come from the games. Not the Twitter post. It's not as explicitly 5D as the latter, but it can still mean the same thing, especially with more context and the fact that a superiority is in fact mentioned.

2: A higher space containing the lower one within itself is already a good start, and the proof of that being the case also comes from the games, including the instances of AD being used as a gateway for pretty much every space-time coordinate, including those in the past of a "distant realm"

3: One such piece of evidence is in Kirby RtDl. Not only can the universe Kirby and co previously visited be seen inside of AD, but said universes are portrayed as transparent, fading pictures. As if they were of a lower level of existence or 2D by comparison.

All of this is to say that even though my argument ultimately stems from the Twitter statement, it's not like the possibility of a higher dimensionality for AD was unheard of before it. This so called tertiary source ultimately serves to confirm what would otherwise just be a possible hypothesis. That's why analyzing the linguistics of it is so important. If my translation is correct, so is the upgrade.

The thing is though, that this isn't "my translation" I had help from an actual Japanese speaker. No one currently here is as qualified as he is, including me. It's my word against yours and we're going nowhere, so I'll send invites to some of you so you can talk to him directly. How does that sound? I'll probably send them to you one at a time as to not overwhelm him

Pepto seems to make sense in his last preceding post, but I am not a good person to ask.

Can somebody list all of the staff members who have helped out in this thread previously, so I can call for them again, please?

I probably won't even have Internet access for the next few days so screw it, I'll keep this as brief and simple as possible so we can go from there. The in-game context goes as follows.

1: All of the statements about AD's superiority to space and time come from the games. Not the Twitter post. It's not as explicitly 5D as the latter, but it can still mean the same thing, especially with more context and the fact that a superiority is in fact mentioned.

2: A higher space containing the lower one within itself is already a good start, and the proof of that being the case also comes from the games, including the instances of AD being used as a gateway for pretty much every space-time coordinate, including those in the past of a "distant realm"

3: One such piece of evidence is in Kirby RtDl. Not only can the universe Kirby and co previously visited be seen inside of AD, but said universes are portrayed as transparent, fading pictures. As if they were of a lower level of existence or 2D by comparison.

All of this is to say that even though my argument ultimately stems from the Twitter statement, it's not like the possibility of a higher dimensionality for AD was unheard of before it. This so called tertiary source ultimately serves to confirm what would otherwise just be a possible hypothesis. That's why analyzing the linguistics of it is so important. If my translation is correct, so is the upgrade.

The thing is though, that this isn't "my translation" I had help from an actual Japanese speaker. No one currently here is as qualified as he is, including me. It's my word against yours and we're going nowhere, so I'll send invites to some of you so you can talk to him directly. How does that sound? I'll probably send them to you one at a time as to not overwhelm him
Can you please link the relevant game screenshots for the evaluation?

Sorry I didn't link it earlier. I didn't think I would have time the next day. I still don't have much of it, but I'll do my best with what I have.

1: Here are the two most notable statements, with links to screenshots of their original source.

2: This one needs a lot of context to explain what's going on in the links, but here they are anyway. there are several instances of characters and objects going or drifting to specific places in specific universes at specific points in time. Sphere Doomers, Galacta-Knight, and HR-D3 being the best examples. Sphere Doomers are notable because they went current universes and to a distant realm's past, while Galacta-Knight and HR-D3 are notable because they went to different universes in the present despite originating from the past. All of this was achieved by navigating AD, and Galacta-Knight has used it like that more frequently than anyone else.

3: All throughout this level, you can see the pictures I'm talking about in the background. The pictures are places located on Pop Star and Halcandra, which are in different universes. The cosmology blog already agrees with this premise and the fact that Kirby and co are in fact flying by multiple alternate versions of those planets. (There was even a link to a Wiki page that shows the game files of the images in the background, but it strangely seems to be gone, unless it's somewhere else in the blog). In other words, Kirby is flying by multiple alternate universes. We know they're entire universes and not portals leading to them because portals that lead in and out of Another Dimension are consistently portrayed like this all throughout the game and outside of it.

For this point, it can been noted that Japanese language does rely on context as well as the characters being used can have more than just one meaning. Also using a native Japanese speaker to translate is understandable, but I believe that actually warrants a different discussion tbh.

Just to explain some more, Star Allies has you directly going through the different timelines inside of AD where you have to fight a corrupted meta knight and others like you did in the main game which happened prior to that, suggesting a notable difference in times. Timelines are generally an established concept as even in the latest game, time in the world of the forgotten land flows dozens to hundreds of times faster than in Kirby's world.

-says it's imprecise
-gives no further context or even a minor correction
-
monkey-bruh.gif

I don't like your childish reactions like that. You gave no links yourself so there's not gonna be a purposely confusing back and forward there from my part, the thread is wanting for something else anyway.

I don't like your childish reactions like that. You gave no links yourself so there's not gonna be a purposely confusing back and forward there from my part, the thread is wanting for something else anyway.
And i don't like you giving 0 context to big claims. I didn't need to send links cause I was filling in for Pepto, not to mention that unlike you i actually gave context and not a belittling remark without any explanation. I will act "childishly" as long as you act all high and mighty and make fun of the points we make.

You are very problematic. People who doesn't know Kirby follows the thread, it stands to reason that make claims like that with no evidence are just playing slow. You are obsessed with this bias you have against me and it genuinely pains me to have to work with you.

You are very problematic. People who doesn't know Kirby follows the thread, it stands to reason that make claims like that with no evidence are just playing slow. You are obsessed with this bias you have against me and it genuinely pains me to have to work with you.
Touche, been feeling the same for the past few years I've known you. Thing is you are probably more problematic than me right now since you just failed to give a proper reply as to why something is wrong and proceeded to give no context. What i was doing was just adding cards to the deck, if i were to be asked for evidence i would happily give it. I was simply reciting stuff already accepted. Pepto's arguments are the main part here and it has the links.

I'm very annoyed at the way users act in this thread and can't work like that, so I'm gonna unfollow this thread. If any staff wants to question me something they can do so in private.

Everybody here should try to be polite to Eficiente, and not insult him.

Thank you.

@Elizhaa @Maverick_Zero_X @Ultima_Reality @CloverDragon03

What do you think about this?

Please read Eficiente's more recent comments as well.

To clarify, these are the sources for the proposal:
  • Kirby: Planet Robobot
  • Team Kirby Clash Deluxe
  • Miiverse
  • Twitter
You didn't exactly label all your scan sources.

If that's really necessary, I'll do it as soon as I can. Any suggestion as to how I should go about doing it? Typing the name of the game in paranthesies next to every link seems more like an inconvinience to everyone involved than anything else.

I finally found the time to edit in the missing sources in my blog only to realize that only two links were missing a source citation in it. Even then, you could see the game they're from when you click on them. I don't mean to be rude, but I don't really understand what the point of this was. Did I misinterpret something? I decided to add a small paragraph to the blog to make the wait a bit more worthwhile. It's an argument I voiced on the thread, but wasn't always in the blog.
You can just have a list of scans under source labels.
Also, I never figured out how to do that, so I just put the source in parentheses next to each link. Sorry lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back