• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Jellyjam's profile needs some revision.

First of all, the 8-A AP is based on his burps, not physical strength. His Striking Strength is probably simply 9-B. I don't think his durability would scale from his burps, and I'm not really sure if creating an earthquake via burp is combat applicable.

His stench shouldn't negate durability, nor should he have type 1 self sustenance. The reason why he died in the end was that he suffocated in his own stench. The children around him did not die from his smell. I know it makes no logical sense for him to need oxygen, and he certainly doesn't need sleep since he kept his child slaves working 24/7, and he probably didn't need food or drink since he spent time growing up in his cave where he probably wouldn't have access to food or water, but he somehow must need air since he suffocated in his own smell. It wasn't the odor itself that killed him like the profile implies. If the odor itself was deadly, the children would have died. This is fiction. It doesn't always follow the laws of reality. The fact that we have characters on the wiki who can breathe in space but not underwater proves that.

Finally, his mind manipulation needs clarification on how it works. It is shown that his slaves can hypnotize others as well using stringed coins. They also feel no pain, as demonstrated when Wendy accidentally swings a baseball bat into Buddy's chest and he shrugs it off. The mind control has to be repeatedly done, as a scene in the book has Buddy rehypnotizing himself and the other councilors. It's not clear how long it lasts until it has to be renewed, but it is shown that it doesn't deactivate as soon as Jellyjam is killed, though the sound of a whistle can snap the people out of it.

First of all, the 8-A AP is based on his burps, not physical strength.
Burping is still an action, an action that would require less force than a physical strike. I don't see why that wouldn't scale to physicals, at the very least durability since he is creating the force to generate earthquakes from just burping and he isn't killing himself. The burp isn't a special ability or anything.

His Striking Strength is probably simply 9-B
Why?

I think the rest is fine, if you can gather scans for what you've said, mainly all the mind control via coins stuff. I looked through the book, and I didn't see anything about Buddy re-hypnotizing himself from scanning the moments where Buddy was mentioned.

Burping is still an action, an action that would require less force than a physical strike. I don't see why that wouldn't scale to physicals, at the very least durability since he is creating the force to generate earthquakes from just burping and he isn't killing himself. The burp isn't a special ability or anything.
I don't remember his earthquake burps actually killing anybody else either, so it's not like anybody is being actively harmed by the earthquake.
Because his burp is the best feat he has, and he hasn't shown anything on the level of his burp physically. I'd mostly go for "Unknown", as I don't remember his physically hitting anything either, though I could be wrong.

Edit: Yes, I agree with the CRT.

I don't remember his earthquake burps actually killing anybody else either, so it's not like anybody is being actively harmed by the earthquake.
Because his burp is the best feat he has, and he hasn't shown anything on the level of his burp physically. I'd mostly go for "Unknown", as I don't remember his physically hitting anything either, though I could be wrong.
Ok? I don't see how that debunks what I said, that his physicals could scale since the earthquakes are still done by a physical action, not some hax he has. Logically speaking, a physical strike from a person would generate more force than a burp.

At least his durability would scale to it. He is essentially generating enough force to cause earthquakes and he isn't killing himself while doing it despite being the epicenter.

Logically speaking, a physical strike from a person would generate more force than a burp.
Yet he has never physically struck anyone, nor has he shown any feats better than his burp. By the wiki's logic, his striking strength should be "Unknown", because we don't know how powerful it is. You can think that's it is stronger than his burps, but the fact is you don't know, nor can you prove it is.

And again, not sure how burping scales to his durability when nobody else who was near him was even slightly hurt. He may be the epicenter, but everybody near him we're unaffected.

Yet he has never physically struck anyone, nor has he shown any feats better than his burp. By the wiki's logic, his striking strength should be "Unknown", because we don't know how powerful it is. You can think that's it is stronger than his burps, but the fact is you don't know, nor can you prove it is.
We can come to the logical conclusion that his physicals would scale regardless of that.

And again, not sure how burping scales to his durability when nobody else who was near him was even slightly hurt. He may be the epicenter, but everybody near him we're unaffected.
Because earthquakes are an AoE thing, hence why it is considered Environmental Destruction, they don't kill things directly. That doesn't stop it from scaling to his physicals still. ED feats can be used to scale the character's strength if it is done through a physical action;

All Might's storm creation punch. This is pretty straightforward; it is not a power or ability unrelated to AP and Dura that is causing the storm here, but rather the sheer strength of the character's punch that causes air to swirl and form into a storm.
It is the exact same logic as that. It is done by a physical action, and his body is still generating enough force to do that, that is just undeniable. None of what you have said so far has debunked that very notion, actually try to debunk it before you start saying dumb shit like "but the fact is you don't know, nor can you prove it is".

Last edited:
We can come to the logical conclusion that his physicals would scale regardless of that.
No, as we have never seen jellyjam strike anything. We absolutely cannot assume that his overall physicals scale to his burp when he has no feats for striking strength. The best it can be is Unknown, possibly 8-A, as it's unknown what he can do physically.
Because earthquakes are an AoE thing, hence why it is considered Environmental Destruction, they don't kill things directly. That doesn't stop it from scaling to his physicals still. ED feats can be used to scale the character's strength if it is done through a physical action;
Once again, refer to the fact that we have never seen Jellyjam use his striking strength. His AP should be 8-A, his striking strength should just be Unknown. You also bring up the point that his burps are just ED, and aren't really combat applicable. I guess his durability should be 8-A,.

No, as we have never seen jellyjam strike anything. We absolutely cannot assume that his overall physicals scale to his burp when he has no feats for striking strength. The best it can be is Unknown, possibly 8-A, as it's unknown what he can do physically.
Literally just straight up ignores the argument and repeats your point. This argument is pointless. He shouldn't have to settle for a Possibly when you don't respond to his response.
Once again, refer to the fact that we have never seen Jellyjam use his striking strength. His AP should be 8-A, his striking strength should just be Unknown. You also bring up the point that his burps are just ED, and aren't really combat applicable. I guess his durability should be 8-A,.
It just doesn't matter?? His striking strength should not be unknown. Burps generate less force than a physical strike. I don't see what's so controversial about using that logic. Until you respond to that, this point is just moot entirely. "we don't know" is absolutely not a solid argument when burps, in pretty much all imaginable scenarios, produce less force than someone would with a punch.

I don't think that burping is really generated by muscles. It's a release of gas, but your body doesn't create the gas, it just holds it in, and eventually lets it out. The only way it scales to physicals is to durability.

I'd support the profile being changed to "Unknown, 8-A Environmental Destruction with burps", with no "possibly" or SS scaling.

I don't think that burping is really generated by muscles. It's a release of gas, but your body doesn't create the gas, it just holds it in, and eventually lets it out. The only way it scales to physicals is to durability.

I'd support the profile being changed to "Unknown, 8-A Environmental Destruction with burps", with no "possibly" or SS scaling.
Ok, that's actually a good argument. I can agree to that.

Apparently this CRT was applied already, without being accepted. Gews reported the person who applied it, because it's still being debated, and hasn't been approved by staff members or anything, really.

Yeah, that report is understandable, it should not have been applied yet.

I can agree with this, no clue what I was even arguing now that I actually read my arguements.

What Agnaa has accepted can probably be applied.

Should I undo the following edit then?

There were some other ability changes, I'm not sure how accepted they are. I think Gews wanted scans for some of them, but Frieza could only link an audiobook; idk if that meets Gews' standards.

Well, the AP/SS/Dura change was to my liking, were the abilities implemented well enough to just revert Ant's revert?

The power additions are fine, but I don't think the notable techniques section is really necessary, the only one there needed is hypnosis, that part can stay while the rest can go.

The power additions are ok, but the Notable Techniques & Attacks section is unnecessary besides going more in-depth about the Hypnosis.

brother moment

Are you willing to apply the relevant accepted changes here, Agnaa?

No, I'm not knowledgeable enough about the verse, sadly.

But Gews could do it, and I could double-check if she messed up any formatting issues.

Thank you for helping out.

So should I close this thread now?

Okay. I will do so then. Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back