• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kick the Bob-omb (Denji VS Scott Pilgrim) (GRACE OVER)

Denji (Chainsaw Man) VS Scott Pilgrim (Scott Pilgrim)

Both are High 8-C (Chainsaw Man Denji and Post-Volume 3 Scott are used here)

Speed is equalized

Denji: 7 (Epiccheev, Popted2, Doggo, Artorimachi_Meteoraft, jojo123, CrackerVolley, Lindsay2023)

Scott: 1 (Nullflowerblush)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Scott = >10.50 Tons of TNT
Denji = >7.45281559395 Tons of TNT

When fighting guys, Denji "only aims for the crotch". He has proven himself capable of throwing a good punch, or two, or three, though. But, like, even as Chainsaw Man, he gets outclassed in H2H with experienced fighters.

Conversely, Scott is the "best fighter in the province"; capable of (easily) performing a 64-hit Air Juggle, instinctively outmaneuvering and accidentally outmatching fake 16-year-old ninja girls, successfully anticipating and countering an FTE Roxie, brawling with and ultimately defeating a robot and then, an even larger robot, warding off The Katayanagi Twins before defeating the two despite (during a hangover), "battling" an identical copy, the Negascott, and briefly dueling with Gideon; and, if H2H is insufficient, Scott has a proficiency in longswords, which he has demonstrated.

All Scott needs to do to win is to keep pummeling Denji, which he is an expert in and Denji is not, and avoid his chainsaws, which Scott is fully capable of.

Or, they form a truce, sit down and discuss their less than perfect lives, and move on with their day.

The one getting outclassed in these scans vs Makima is Pochita. It's revealed later that Denji removed his heart so he could use him as bait to assassinate Makima later. And Pochita is far more skilled than Denji.
Denji is not really trained in martial arts or specific fighting styles, but he's been fighting Devils by wielding Pochita as a chainsaw ever since he was a toddler. Could beat the Eternity Devil who could attack him from all directions and was shown to be able to instantly incapacitate Denji by landing a single head hit by fighting for 3 days after Himeno revived him once. (even assuming she kept reviving him again he should be able to last at least 6 hours or so of fighting alone, since the crew was shown sleeping.)

After he was trained by Kishibe to use his brain he was also shown to beat massively more skilled and experienced opponents through planning/trickery and cunning. (Like beating Reze who was trained from a young age to become a super soldier and is capable of handling another seasoned assassin with knifes in her human form barehanded with no diff and had way better range/destructive power than his chainsaw form, or beating waves of puppets controlled by the assassin hivemind Santa Claus.)

So, as far as things go
AP: Scott has a 1.4x Advantage wich likely won't mean much here since both should be able to fatally wound eachother due to slashing damage.

Weaponry: Denji has his 5 chainsaws 2 in his arms 2 in his legs and 1 in his head, while Scott should have power of love in this key. Chainsaws should be better than swords at cutting flesh (and do it more painfully), while i believe a sword would fare better when clashing against chainsaws due to a chance at discombobulating the chains. but considering Denji has 3 he can simultaneously use and 2 concealed for kicking i'd argue he has the advantage here.

LS/Range: Denji takes LS pretty easily and also takes the range with his chains, wich he uses for grappling. If Denji grabs Scott's sword or Scott himself things would end very badly for him.

Stamina: Denji should take this slightly. He is able to keep fighting and mantain his cool even with severe levels of bodily harm, such as missing arms, severe anemia and broken chainsaws, like when he tricked the Katana Devil into breaking his last chainsaw before countering with the hidden chainsaws in his legs. He is also fully used to the pain of chainsaws cutting through his flesh constantly and could keep fighting zombies for a prolonged time in his first time as chainsawman. Scott has the power to get an automatic revive to full health with his 1-up. Denji can also get a few full heals by pulling his chord, but if he gets beheaded once it's over.

Skill: Scott takes this easily, but i don't think he can actually skill stomp him hard enough for Denji to be unable to land a hit even through better range with chain grappling, sneak attacks, forcing damage trades and his weird plans.

All in all i'd say Denji wins high diff here.

Why? Got an issue an with the CSM anime? Sorry just curious
No,the anime rules.
The problem is that the verse is extremely low on supporters in vsbattle and i was expecting the anime to change that like it did for JJK, but pretty much nothing changed.

No,the anime rules.
The problem is that the verse is extremely low on supporters in vsbattle and i was expecting the anime to change that like it did for JJK, but pretty much nothing changed.
Looks like I'm not the only one who realized this dilemma

I'm surprised CSM is not gaining traction in this wiki despite the success of the anime

This thread would have been long finished

Back