• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Doesn't that just means he scales to them? He is faster which would give him a good chance. Also why is flight not an issue? I think it's a pretty good advantage but not definitive. Intangibility and flight together when he isn't fast enough to blitz bc equal speed decreases his chances in my opinion.

And scaling means a character can be either equal or greater in something to the character he scales to,also it aint an issue cuz the ones he scales to can fly,from those most in the verse get the speed they have on their profiles,scaling to those or others that scale to them

Speed equalized doesnt mean that he is hopeless now,it means the characters can keep up with each other in speed,they can still react to each others attacks

I know that, I'm saying if he was faster he would have a better chance by blitzing him, that advantage isn't there anymore and he would even win in hand to hand because of intangibility with a combo of flight. The added arsenal with being safe with long range attacks to whittle him down is also an option. I don't see much he can do as opposed to the Kestheus guy. If he was faster from the get go and the other guy wasn't intangibile I was actually gunna say ryo. As he would destroy him in hand to hand and can alter stats basically. Intangibility seems like the main thing

Invulnerability from density manipulation and kinetic manipulation for defense,long range just keeps him away from getting any closer,it aint doing anything significant in the danage departament

I think Invul is overrated. Just because you increase density to make your skin tougher and stuff is more of just extreme dura increase. Let's say it's invul. Electricity would flow through the body anyway, density only helps against Kinetic Energy

Is that a vote for Kestheus or just writing down thoughts?

I believe it's a Kestheus vote but I am unsure.

Smashtwig said:
I think Invul is overrated. Just because you increase density to make your skin tougher and stuff is more of just extreme dura increase. Let's say it's invul. Electricity would flow through the body anyway, density only helps against Kinetic Energy
Read what i said about invulnerability in this thread for him and read what i said in his profile about it,nothing is overrated,thats how my character was created and thats how it is,so please dont go talking without kmowing what you say

Boc1991 said:
Than it is 3 to 1, thus ending the match.
Its 3-1 not 3-0,there has to be a difference of 3 votes between matches to end and then waiting 24 hours before getting added,unless someone votes for the one with more votes and gets a difference of 4

What I was trying to say was that I think that you were making the invul seem like it makes the character completely unbeatable from my POV. And I honestly find that it's quite rude saying that I don't know what I'm talking about for my mere opinion, especially when I did read the profiles and thread (then again, Im a sensitive person)

Anyways. After rereading the thread like you requested, I'll revise my opinion. Even if Ryo has nigh Invul via Density Manip (I dont see how its Invul but okay) Mr.K got the immense range advantage and from the flight (if I read correctly, he has) K Boi is gon just be that one kid who sits back and spams Hadokens in Street Fighter and chip away at Ryo until he just drops. And if Kinetic Energy were to no u lightning for some reason K Boi has dem Storms that could send Ryo flying and probably screw him over with a million diffrent directions with weather.

You act like Ryo is gonna stand there the whole time waiting for Kestheus to strike him every time and i explained in the profile about the invulnerability,so you dont getting how so its beyond me

Spamming isnt the solution to everything,especially for your example with Street Fighter,that might work on less skilled people,but intermediates or pros wont get outmatched by such a tactic,Ryo is guy trained in military, reaching his rank fairly,even so i will repeat again what i said to Peppypony too,Ryo is above lighting speed,his lightning strikes dont change in speed,equalization in speed is done for the characters so they cant blitz each others

Also if i were to make the invulnerability sound broken i could have just said "you cant hurt him with anything,he is just gonna be lul invulnerable boi",yet i didnt and i dont do such

And another thing,so i dont write another comment separately,you accused me of wanking just cuz you thought so with no proof on that,that is an insult for me at my adress

After reading his profile for the third time specifically about his Invul. It says that it just makes his skin omega dense to the point where it's nigh invulnerable. Unfortunately since I'm dense myself I don't understand how that just reduces all damage to K dishes out to a complete zero.

Okay let's say Ryo is capable to dodging every lightning strike without effort. K got dem storms, it's gon hit everywhere, doesn't matter where Ryo dodges to, all he can do is defend with his NIGH-Invul (it is nigh invul if I read the profile right). And if Keth has flight, how is Ryo gon actually attack him at all? Even if he somehow were to attack Keth, he has to deal with Intangability.

You know what invulnerability is?You sound like you dont really know what that is or how it works

Excuse me but those storms dont say they do damage to the opponent,if that was so then i everytime i went outside i would have been hurt or something by a storm,especially one with heavy raining and wind,i see that ability only for more control over the battlefield

I stated above regarding the flight,you said you read the thread though so either you didnt at all or i just didnt saw clearly with my eyes

And once again,you got here accusing me of wanking with no proof,calling my character overrated from that,could have simply said kestheus has it based on etc,etc,instead of getting here talking like that about him and me doing the character as such when he aint

Sorry it's just from my POV I see wank. Doesn't mean you are. Regardless my opinion is what it is and I think K will win final answer for me

"For a verdict, there must be at least four votes minimum, with a possible vote difference of 2 votes at most, in favor of either one character/team or inconclusive for both sides.

• However if a battle reaches with 3 votes for either character or inconclusive and no other voter comes by to give another vote in the thread, it is likely possible to end it with just those 3 after a certain amount of time has passed (ex. a day passes and the thread has about 3 votes only if absolute necessary."
Straight from the wiki rules my man

There is rules about two vote difference could close match, but there is also this note..

There is technically not a verdict section rule as one was copied directly from VS (albeit rewritten here differently). That and given how small we are in comparison to that of VS and Jokes Battles as of current, we have come, at minimum, to using 4 votes (5 if absolutely necessary) minimum with a possible 2 vote difference (though this one is more of a test on this part) when concluding a match thread. If only 3 votes in favor of a character was made but none has commented after a while, the match can be ended this way with just that many but it may sometimes be not preferable to do this. Only do it if no one comes by to vote after a while.

But what i have seen too there is currently three vote difference what is used here in most matches and i personally like it

Rules for VS Threads/Battles

Thats strange, as the matches i have had my characters in, in threads i did not create, were concluded with a 2 vote difference.

After taking a look, I think Kestheus takes this. The range seems too much for Ryo to handle, who is strictly close range. I think the invulnerability isn't perfect (cuz nigh-invulnerability), so Ryo would just take chip damage until he falls. Even if he dodges, eventually he's gonna take hits.

@Boc1991

Then it is strange as my where my characters and threads where i have giving votes has been three vote standart. Interesthing, there is then two different groups here, others use three, others two vote rule.

66Gaming voted and thus the votes become 4 to 1, ample votes for this thread to be concluded.

Back