• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
SBA

Speed Equalized

Whose winning this High 6-A Match

Kestheus Dragon is restricted.

Ryo: 1 (Lekmos)

Kestheus: 4 (Peppy, Smash, Velvet, 66Gaming)

Ryo
Kestheus
Mortal God of Lightning

How large is Kestheus?

"Resistance to Lightning Manipulation"

You mean resistance to lightning?

Which would be "Resistance to Electricity".

Peppypony said:
How large is Kestheus?

"Resistance to Lightning Manipulation"

You mean resistance to lightning?

Which would be "Resistance to Electricity".
Kestheus himself is normal size, he only gains large size when with his Dragon Kaga, as stated in the key. Kaga is restricted this match, so he is normal size.

Resistance to Lightning Manipulation and Resistance to Electricity are the same thing, just worded differently, which is why it link to electricity.

Is there a vote?

Large size should be in the 2nd key then since that's his Dragon Kaga, right?

Okay then.

I'm gonna vote, just needed to ask you some questions.

Peppypony said:
Large size should be in the 2nd key then since that's his Dragon Kaga, right?

Okay then.

I'm gonna vote, just needed to ask you some questions.
Understood, Just clarifying. Also since Kaga is his first key, that is the only one with large size, Kestheus only gains that if his dragon is present, and Kaga is not present.

Okay. Ketheus has a ranged attack which is Breath Attack and he can fly so I think that he has the flight advantage.

Ryo can decrease and increase his opponents stats though. I believe that'll make things difficult for Ketheus. But if Ketheus keeps attacking him from faraway then he'll outta Ryo's range so he won't even be able to land a hit on Ketheus.

Although they both have enhanced senses, I asked Boc how good Ketheus's was and I haven't got an answer, he seemed to be sick of waiting for me to respond and I can understand that sooo yeah.

Right now, I'm gonna give it to Ketheus.

Ryo has density manipulation to get nigh invulnerability and kinetic manipulation for defensive purposes like forcefield as said there,for Kestheus i see just lightning and breath attack with lightning which wont do much given the defense options stated above,even then,lightning is slow for a character that has relativistic speeds like Ryo,who is also tangling with speedters on a regular

This is close one, but my vote will go for Ryo. Reasons are..

Even Kestheus has edge in range combat and could keep distance and fly up in sky spamming thunderbreath or ligthing attacks.

But as Ryo has stats decreasing/durability negation, but aso better defence and senses, so even Kestheus where tens kilometers way i think Ryo could sense where he would attack. Another i take here as Kestheus is scaled characters which can conquere continent wide earthquakes, but in other hand Ryo has been stated survive atttack whic could destroy planet surface. So in this scenario, i think that even few Kestheus attacks hits Ryo they would do much damage to him and even Kestheus is wise i think even him would come close to Ryo to seal his fate in hand of one angry rhino.

So, this is my analyzis correct me if i am wrong, but now my vote goes Ryo.

BlackDarkness679 said:
lightning is slow for a character that has relativistic speeds like Ryo,who is also tangling with speedters on a regular
Speed is equalized here (Just like most matches in general) so therefore lightning should be the same speed as him.

Doesn't invulnerability mean receive damge but they just can't feel any pain?

How does Ryo's duarability negation work? Pierce about anything doesn't really answer the question for me. Does it just do nothing but deal a certain amount of damage to the opponents? Or what?

Peppypony said:
Speed is equalized here (Just like most matches in general) so therefore lightning should be the same speed as him.

Doesn't invulnerability mean receive damge but they just can't feel any pain?

How does Ryo's duarability negation work? Pierce about anything doesn't really answer the question for me. Does it just do nothing but deal a certain amount of damage to the opponents? Or what?

1)Speed equalized is for the characters,not the attacks or abilities they posssess,if it was a match vs one with infinite speed,you are gonna tell me lightning now gets infinite speed just for that?not how it works

2)Invulnerability from what i see on its page says they get no danage and feel no pain,unless its from a greater force beyond the Invulnerability

3)His durability negation stems from the density manipulation he has,Ryo can make his horn dense enough to make him able to damage things that normally he wouldnt on his own,like others with durability too greater for his strength for example

1. What? That litterally makes no sense? If the opponents attacks blitz each other, we have to equalize speed including speed otherwise that would make it unfair, unless one of the characters uses a certain power/ability that is a different speed and not combat applicable.

2. Receving no damage at all. That sound a little NLF. But well, if there's a page about it and they're allowing it then okay.

3. Alright. Well Ketheus is still gonna be out of his range whether Ryo is gonna dodge it or not.

Ryo's Enhanced Senses are pretty gud. But IDK how good Kestheus's are. I asked the main creator how good they were and I still haven't got an answer.

If Kestheus decides to stay away and attack from faraway for some reason, inconclusive since Ketheus will be out of Ryo's range. But Ketheus won't be able to hurt Ryo cuz invulnerability. Enhanced senses too if it's any better than Kestheus

If Kestheus decides to do up to Ryo and attack him for some reason however. Ryo takes it with durability negation, statistics amplification, invulnerability and enhanced senses too if it's any better than Kestheus.

1)that doesnt excuse anything,you cant just make lightning become relativistic cuz of speed equalization,i had this topic way back with Ironman vs Skar,his missiles can damage Skar,but they aint fast to catch him by surprise when he kept up with faster opponents in his verse,you cant disregard such stuff,plus nobody argued with me to tell otherwise,so that aint how it works,Ryo can avoid the lightning given his speed

2)i dont wanna sound harsh,especially since you are a great person and have respect for you,but how come you didnt knew what or how invulnerability works?And NLF it would be if it was like "he is invulnerable,so you cant damage him no matter how powerful the other is",plus i said nigh-invulnerability for him anyway

3)i know since Ryo has like nothing for long range,thats why i made him be a close range character,cuz of the abilities given

Peppypony said:
1. What? That litterally makes no sense? If the opponents attacks blitz each other, we have to equalize speed including speed otherwise that would make it unfair, unless one of the characters uses a certain power/ability that is a different speed and not combat applicable.
2. Receving no damage at all. That sound a little NLF. But well, if there's a page about it and they're allowing it then okay.

3. Alright. Well Ketheus is still gonna be out of his range whether Ryo is gonna dodge it or not.

Ryo's Enhanced Senses are pretty gud. But IDK how good Kestheus's are. I asked the main creator how good they were and I still haven't got an answer.

If Kestheus decides to stay away and attack from faraway for some reason, inconclusive since Ketheus will be out of Ryo's range. But Ketheus won't be able to hurt Ryo cuz invulnerability. Enhanced senses too if it's any better than Kestheus

If Kestheus decides to do up to Ryo and attack him for some reason however. Ryo takes it with durability negation, statistics amplification, invulnerability and enhanced senses too if it's any better than Kestheus.
Kestheus's Enhanced Senses are quite good but not broken. Basically, his sense of smell is scaled to his Dragon, who can tell a species and if someone is on route to attack from about a mile away. He also has enhanced Hearing but that is no more than simply being able to hear opponents from far distances in Kestheus's case.

1. Well whether lightning's speed is equalized or not, Ryo is still very likely to dodge it due to his enhanced senses, even if he does get hit, he can still boost it's stats so it'll barely do any damage or maybe no damage at all depending on how Nigh-Invulnerability works.

2. Okay, Absolute Invulrnability sounds NLF tho. Sooo if Ryo has Nigh-Invulnerability, what kind if damage is Ryo unaffected by?

I didnt think too far for him regarding the nigh invulnerability,so i have yet to think in greater detail what exactly can bypass that,but elemental stuff shouldnt bother him

Hmmm.. Okay then. :/

Well if Ryo can get past intangibility, I'll give it to him.

If Ryo can't get past it, I'm gonna give it to Kestheus.

If Ketheus for whatever the reason maybe (IDK if that is likely to happen) isn't gonna go anywhere near Ryo, I'm gonna have to say inconclusive.

I'm just gonna leave it at that and then just leave the debate.

Peppypony said:
If Ryo can't get past it, I'm gonna give it to Kestheus.

If Ketheus for whatever the reason maybe (IDK if that is likely to happen) isn't gonna go anywhere near Ryo, I'm gonna have to say inconclusive.
So since it does not seem that Ryo can get past Kestheus intangibility, its a vote for Kestheus currently i believe? In Character, Kestheus starts the battle by summoning a storm to cover the battlefield, complete with lightning, rain, and thunder. He than attempts to overwhelm an opponent with a combo of Melee and Intangibility. Ryo has very nifty abilities that would make this a long battle however.

Does his intangibility been used like phasing through a body and attack the insides?

Also i see he needs to activate it consciously, plus like i said going up against him in close combat is not gonna be going well,you basically enter his territory

BlackDarkness679 said:
Does his intangibility been used like phasing through a body and attack the insides?
Also i see he needs to activate it consciously, plus like i said going up against him in close combat is not gonna be going well,you basically enter his territory
It works as his body converts into lightning, instead of flesh, organs, and muscles. He can still strike in this form as his limbs are pure lightning. He has to activate it consciously, and almost always has it activated in a combat scenario, regardless of whether her knows his opponent or not.

Close combat isnt Kestheus best friend but as i said, after he calls down the thunderstorm, and with his Intangiiblity, Ryo does not seem to pose a threat to him. While not his best friend, Kestheus can still fight melee quite well, as he can generate a large amount of force with his strikes.

Flight isnt an issue for him,the intangibility is and speed equalized aint decreasing his chances,as said the guy tangles with speedsters in his verse and i stated in his profile as well

Back