• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenshiro's chi draining ability

I noticed that one of Kenshiro's newest abilities is Chi Draining, but it needs a better explanation as to why he has it otherwhise it leads to confusion.

We may never see Ken draining anyone's Chi but we do know he can learn any technique just by viewing them once, so it would help if the explanation gets changed to something among the lines of "After his first battle with Kaioh, Ken learned how to drain chi."

And since Kaioh didn't do it in his second fight, it strongly implies that he couldn't anymore, so we may also add immunity on top if that.

It's actually listed underneath his resistances "After interacting with the Hokuto Soke stone, he learned how to keep Kaioh from draining his ki)"

I disagree that he should get immunity to it, as it's a NLF, and their could be better forms of ki drainage than what Kaioh has to offer

He theoretically could drain others ki, but I'm not so sure, since it relies on matoki, which Drives the user mad/makes them bloodlusted.

There's nothing that suggests Kaioh has different ways to drain ki, but nullification seems fine to me.

He should, he mastered Hokuto Ryüken and should have learned how to do it after his first battle with Kaioh.

No, what I mean is their may be other people who can drain ki better or more potently than Kaioh, so to assume Kenshiro is now completely immune to it is NLF.

I guess I agree, since he now has knowledge on basically all the Hokuto arts from interacting with the Hokuto Soke stone

He's was the only one to ever use it, and he was also the strongest character in the story for a long time, who else could drain ki better than him?

I'm talking about other characters from other verses. Just because he's immune to one form of ki drain doesn't mean he's immune to all of them. Like, if a 4D character has the ability to drain ki, then it is likely to work on Kenshiro, since it's more advanced and higher dimensional than what Ken has faced.

Back