• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Luffy one shots, Bakugo is baseline 11 Tons and Luffy is at least 84 Tons. 11 x 7.5 = 82.5 Tons.

Bakugo's condensed explosions are higher by an unknown. Not enough to change the gap, and doesn't change that Luffy one shots him. Also I don't know why it says his explosions ignore durability with heat, when his explosion only made All Might say ow and left zero marks on him. And those blast were his weaker explosions.

His full power explosions didn't leave a single burn mark, so I don't know where hurting All Might came from. Especially when a character comparable to All Might, Shigaraki, says that Bakugo's explosions are just cute fireworks. Bakugo has no feats of causing anything more than slight burns at worst, only his OFA state actually caused a full body burn against Nine.

But without OFA, his explosions do not do much damage besides stinging with their heat.

I wasn't aware of how large the AP gap is between Bakugo and Luffy, and I didn't make this as a spite thread. I just thought that Bakugo's explosions could theoretically bypass Luffy's rubber body, and I believed it'd be an interesting match-up.

This is why Todoroki>
True!

e8ea04455bd4950d4effbf90903f88da717a2d55_hq.jpg

5.8 KT normally and Dura, stronger than 66 KT with Clusters and Howitzer. It is written on his profile, in the previous key.

Cluster could be spammable as well, though I'm waiting until we see more of Bakugo's Cluster before making any assumptions.

Luffy's more versatile and has more range, but Bakugo should be more mobile.

I'd like there to be more discussion but there doesn't seem to be anyone interested..

then ill make chaos by voting luffy for more experience in fighting someone like bakugo
Really? Honestly, I think at this point in the story with all the villains Bakugo has faced, he's the one with more experience than Luffy. His explosions give him a lot more maneuverability than Luffy, he has several more moves than Luffy due to all his training. Then there's Bakugo's Howitzer Impact which he could use as a trump card, or the condensed explosions that give him a higher boost in speed and are stronger than his regular explosions. Luffy doesn't have his Gear 2 to increase his speed, so that's another advantage Bakugo has.

Well i don't remember explosion deals any damage to luffy tbh so bakugo's attack need to increase in intensity in order to harm luffy

plus i vote luffy so there's some argument in here

Really? Honestly, I think at this point in the story with all the villains Bakugo has faced, he's the one with more experience than Luffy.
Hmmmmmm

Seeing as this is Alabasta Luffy, I'm inclined to agree with this.
His explosions give him a lot more maneuverability than Luffy, he has several more moves than Luffy due to all his training.
I disagree. Luffy has TONS and TONS of moves and variants of the same moves. Just because he hasn't showcased all of them at this point, I don't think it's fair to invalidate the possibility of coming up with them/using them for this fight.
Then there's Bakugo's Howitzer Impact which he could use as a trump card, or the condensed explosions that give him a higher boost in speed and are stronger than his regular explosions.
Yeah I do think Luffy does counter alot of Bakugo's abilities just due to the MASSIVE versatility difference, but really it's the explosions and AP gap that should give Bakugo the edge. I think as long as Luffy doesn't like manage to pin him down somehow, I think I'll give my vote to Bakugo 7/10

I mean the source of his explosion is frpm his hands right? Then luffy probably can redirect the explosion if he realise he can't tank the explosion

Like move bakugo's hand before he ignite his explosion i guess, but if it's impossible then i'll retract my vote for now

heh, now there's some activity in this thread

Well it's definitely not impossible, I just didn't understand what you meant.

Though as for Howitzer Impact, the best thing Luffy could do is probably Balloon, or Bazooka (either to knock him away, or trigger the explosion away from his body)

Hmm i see, this will be closer than i thought

We have luffy who's slippery as hell and there's bakugo who has better firepower but shorter temper as he can't get a good hit on luffy and even if it did hit luffy will tank it anyway so he'll probably use his Howitzer Impact sooner than we thought

This is also assuming that Luffy doesn't defeat Bakugo before then.

I forgot about the AP/Dura values and noticed that Luffy has almost a 5x advantage. Meaning that really any serious attack or barrage should really do it in for Bakugo.

If Luffy were to hit Bakugo with Gum Gum Rifle, that will do MAJOR damage. Keep in mind, that Luffy could also always BFR Bakugo with Bazooka, though Bakugo can probably just dodge it.

I think Luffy's Gum Gum Gatling will actually do major damage.. so I think I'll retract my vote for now.

I forgot about the AP/Dura values and noticed that Luffy has almost a 5x advantage. Meaning that really any serious attack or barrage should really do it in for Bakugo.
From what I see, Bakugo should scale above his Howitzer Impact, which was 66.57 kilotons, while the 7-Cs are scaled to 23.5 kilotons, though I could be wrong about the One Piece scaling. I was totally wrong about Luffy lacking diversity in moves, he's got an array of different attacks that he could use, and the increased power he gets through twisting his body parts can also be a problem for Bakugo. Having said that, Bakugo also has his own powerful moves that could give Luffy some problems. For example, his AP Shot's focused attack power could seriously injure Bakugo, and by the time of the Paranormal Liberation War, he's upgraded this attack so that he fires multiple large explosions in succession. Bakugo also has his equipment to help him, such as his improvised grenades which use his sweat as fuel, and more importantly his Grenadier Braciers which hold his sweat and serve as a massively powerful attack. Bakugo also gets stronger throughout his fight due to the sweat he builds up, though Luffy also has the ability to adapt and evolve during combat as well. As mentioned above, I think Bakugo's maneuverability with his Quirk could allow him to avoid Luffy's attacks if he's careful, though Luffy's range and variety of different moves could definitely be enough to take Bakugo out.

From what I see, Bakugo should scale above his Howitzer Impact, which was 66.57 kilotons.
Bakugo is actually 5.8 KT normally and Dura, stronger than 66 KT with Clusters and Howitzer as Rusty said and we dont if Bakugo can spam Cluster, so he's basically 5.8 KT most of the time until we learn more, just pointing this out.

Bakugo is actually 5.8 KT normally and Dura, stronger than 66 KT with Clusters and Howitzer as Rusty said and we dont if Bakugo can spam Cluster, so he's basically 5.8 KT most of the time until we learn more, just pointing this out.
Based on what calc? Is it just upscaling from his enduring his own Howitzer Impact? Just curious.

Bakugo didn't take his Howitzer point blank range, you can see his durability on the calc listed on his page.

His dura from withstanding the Howitzer at a distance is 4.22 KT. He took that while already injured, so a even stronger and healthy Bakugo upscales to baseline 7-C which is 5.8 KT. Yes Luffy's attacks are going to do massive damage, he should be breaking bones with a single solid hit.

Back