• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katniss Everdeen versus Hermione Granger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katniss is basically an athletic girl with a bow, Hermione is smarter and can put her down in an instant.

The only chance Katniss has is taking advantage of her surroundings to sneak attack Hermione, but even then there are spells that can lure Katniss out of where she may be hiding.

Magic > Bow.

Teleportation, mind reading, heck, she can just go "Accio my opponent" to pull Katniss out of wherever she's hiding.

Hermione is way more versatile than Katniss. I don't think she can Accio Katniss herself but she can Accio her bow. She can also erect barriers to spot any stealth attack Katniss may try. Hermione wins easily.

Can this even be considered a legitimate victory? Katniss is an athlete level human with a bow and arrows. Of course a wizard/witch of Hermione's level would hax-stomp her.

Soldier Blue said:
Can this even be considered a legitimate victory? Katniss is an athlete level human with a bow and arrows. Of course a wizard/witch of Hermione's level would hax-stomp her.
I don't know.

Katniss is athlete level in Dura, which is higher than Hermione's physical Durability. Her other Durabilities are against magical attacks, something Katniss doesn't have. Meaning Katniss can oneshot her with her explosive arrows.

And I wouldn't exactly call her spells hax as she doesn't ignore durability with them, not to my knowledge at least. Katniss also has a knife so she probably has the close quarters advantage if she can get close.

This is true. Plus I'm not sure the spells really offer a huge advantage over the bow except for their infinite ammo. I definitely say Hermione wins but I don't think it's a stomp.

If a majority agree that this is not a stomp and a legitimate victory, then I suppose someone can add the results on the respective profiles.

Well I think Katniss can possibly shoot Hermione since the arrows move at a similar speed to spells. And stealth could also give her a chance. The shields Hermione could mount to prevent that take time and Katniss could shoot her from cover while she's making them, and if Katniss manages to get to close quarters she can easily take the wand and kill Hermione. With Hermione being able to teleport and being able to block arrows while Katniss can't block spells Hermione seems to take the edge, but she's in very real danger of dying, so not a stomp in my opinion.

Random-Helper323 said:
With Hermione being able to teleport
I don't think Hermione can use teleport in an actual combat situation. IIRC it requires concentration and once successful, leaves the user kinda disoriented for a short time.

True, but it still might stop Katniss keeping her on the defensive with a barrage of arrows and advancing on her. But then all Hermione has to do in that situation is keep running backwards away from Katniss until Katniss runs out of arrows, so yeah point.

Well, on top of Katniss having the potential to oneshot her with her arrows, she also has the athletical prowess on her side. I mean, if a nerd with no combat experience like Harry can dodge spells, she would have an easier time dodging them. Also she's physically faster than Hermione.

Question. Can Hermione react to and dodge arrows?

Katniss uses a recurve bow. The arrow speed from those is 150mph. Harry's Firebolt, one of the fastest brooms, also flies at 150mph. Question is, do spells travel faster than the Firebolt?

Nope. This is a stomp. Just because they can't ignore durability, doesn't means that they aren't hax. They are hax because they aren't blockable or avoidable by normal opponents, such as Katniss, and/or offers ways to win/disable an enemy on the beggining of the fight. Hermione has plenty. It's been some time since I read HP books, so I don't recall the exact name of the spells, but I do remember their effects. The Bombarda Maxima would literally nuke Katniss and everything in her general vicinity. Expelliarmus disables the only feasible way that Katniss would be able to beat Hermione, with her bow. Accio works too. Regular forcefield spells such as Protego should be more than enough to block arrows, and if not, just summoning some kind of physical object or barrier. Wizards can do these things easily. Hermione can also simply transmute/enchant Katniss' bow so it becomes something useless like a cat. If Hermione is without morals, the situation gets far worse. Imperius just assures that Katniss has 0 chances of winning this. I can continue naming spells that end this battle quite instantly. To not be a stomp, Katniss need to have a feasible, even if with little possibility, of beating Hermione. Unless she begins on a point of advantage, where she can sneak-attack Hermione and Hermione isn't aware of that, there is no way she can't win.

Katniss has a physical advantage, but so what? Jesse Custer from Preacher is an Athlete Human, Peak Human at most, yet he scares an Universal entity and his Word can easily hax someone of a far superior tier to death instantly.

@Scarlet

The answer to that is a most likely yes. After all, Harry Potter Quidditch players can routinely react to Snitches (Blurs) and to people flying with Firebolts or even superior models (150 mph), and spells are often shown to hit normal people before they can process what is happening. Duelists from Hermione's caliber can compete with people of a professional Quidditch player level in reactions, not only that, she should be, at the very least somewhat comparable to Harry, who is both an excellent Quidditch player and an awesome duelist.

I would say her spells fall more under the "versatility" category.

And even if Hermione can dodge arrows, Katniss can still hit the ground with explosive arrows and make her go boom.

Most, yes, but there is no way that Katniss can counter to, for example, being paralysed.

With Protego, Hermione can - most likely, IDK the exact level of potency that Katniss' arrows have - block explosions quite safely. And not only that, Katniss needs to load an arrow into the bow, aim and then shoot, while all Hermione needs is a flicker of her wand to cast spells. Not only that, even if she fired at the ground, a good paralysis or levitation spell would nullify the arrow's movement and stop it mid-air, if not making it levitate. Either the explosion would be too far too cause real damage to Hermione, or Hermione reacts to the arrow and stops it. Firing at the ground doesn't stops Hermione from seeing the arrow.

So, I think this battle shouldn't be added to their profiles for being completely unfair.

The only way that Katniss can win is if she is sneaking, Hermione isn't aware of her, and Hermione isn't looking at where Katniss is going to shoot. Any other scenario, Hermione beats her incredibly easily.

If the consensus is that this is not a stomp and a legitimate victory, someone go can go ahead and add the results to the respective profiles. Hermione has more than the needed votes and the grace period can be considered long over.

@Loyal

How can Katniss win? I mean, there is literally no way for Katniss to win or even cause significant problems to Hermione in a direct fight.

EliminatorVenom, in a direct fight from the right distance apart, yes Hermione has a huge versatility advantage, mainly due to being able to both shoot and block. Of course the arrows are still an issue. They both fire deadly projectiles after all. And if Katniss can get to close range she could possibly take the wand. I definitely say Hermione wins, but that doesn't mean Katniss doesn't pose any threat to her. It's a decisive win for Hermione, but I don't think it's quite a stomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back