• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Karel vs Ephraim (FE7 v fe8)

High 8-C
Speed equalized

Last edited:
I'd like to point out that Karel in FE7 saw Lyn, Eliwood, and Hector and thought they weren't worth killing and that he killed his entire clan (minus Karla, of course) all of them being incredible swordsmen in their own right, and has canonically soloed an entire army

Joshua is clearly a great swordsman and an accomplished mercenary, but I really don't think he's enough to face Karel

If we compare Joshua to Guy (which we probably can, tbh), Karel stomps

Karel and Guy's A Support:
  • Karel: Your training is over.
  • Guy: Huh? Why?!
  • Karel: You are strong enough. If I teach you any more than this... Then I will have to cut you down where you stand. I would cleave you in two before you could take a single breath.
Granted, speed is equalized here, so Karel wouldn't blitz Joshua like he would Guy.... I guess he has that going for him

I can't really say that Ephraim beats Karel either, while also losing to Hector at the same time in another thread due to an AP advantage

I know it's a fallacy to say "Well A character is stronger than B character, and B character is beating C character, so C character also beats C character", but at the same time Karel considers the FE7 Lords to be fodder and Ephraim shouldn't really be any different

Karel is at least as strong as Hector while also being far more skilled as not even Lyn's swordplay (who is more skilled than Hector) isn't even enough for Karel to consider killing her. When he meets the FE7 Lords he says that none of them are a worthy challenge.

Eprhaim is considerably more skilled than Joshua, so i think this might be a bit better and fair.
It might a decisive victory, but not a stomp.

And i know it might be a mechanic, but lances > swords.
And Siegmund does amp Ephraim up a bit, something the FE7 lords did not have at the time.

We consider Siegmund to make Ephraim 6-B, so with it Ephraim wins no question.

In Ephraim's support with Duessel, he does mention that swords do fair poorly against lances, so he actually does have that advantage. Lances also generally have a longer reach than swords in general, while Ephraim should also have access to Javelins and has better mobility if promoted.

Karel still outskills, has higher AP, and has access to the Runesword though.

Last edited:

I am a moron, confused them.
It seems he doesn't have the amp i thought he did.

It seems Karel beats any non legendary weapon user in both Elibe and Magvel then.

But since it is not impossible for Ephraim to win with a miracle and his lance ill count it as a vote.

Ephraim 0
Karel 1

Back