• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kao The Kangaroo Discussion Thread

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
As topic. Because Kao the Kangaroo (2022) is out for a while.

A site for discussion of profiles to build and... the game series in general.

Characters in mind worthy enough to build profiles:
Kao the Kangaroo
The Hunter
Terror
Jayabaya
The Oldest One
Koby
Minkey with Shaman's Hat

Feats and power additions:

Possibly Wall level with Supersonic speed for dodging Elephant Gun fire. Also for Kao fighting The Hunter and tanking a few elephant gunfire.

Possibly lightning dodging (but that lightning source can be questionable).
Can totally swim and steer a primitive torpedo.

Grunts can launch themselves like a cannonball so likely cannonball tier AP and speed. And Kao and bosses are far stronger than those grunts.

Vehicle mastery (can drive a boat and pilot a small aircraft)
Can steer aircrafts and use a primitive glider so reaction speed scales.

Okay
Element bending (plant manip, ice manip, fire manip) glove that has resistance against mind control apparently. The final boss has power enhancement and possession - that can be undone by beating. Looks like the glove has mind hax resistance within a circle from the wearer. And the hat (or just the world) has mind/empathy/mental manip/corruption manipulation that can enslave any being without a pair of gloves that gives mind/empathy/mental manip/corruption hax protection. And the shaman hat when possessing a character can still override the hax protection from the gloves (shown by how dad was possessed even when near the Kao character who wears the glove).

Kao also has energy absorption and some form of purification and empathy hax cleansing thing. Not the hakai you wish he is.

Cool to see this thread. Anyway, I wonder if there needs to be 2 Kao profiles since the 2022 game is a reboot AFAIK.

Also worth noting there is also Kao Challengers and Kao the Kangaroo 1 for the GBA.

PSP Longplay - Kao Challengers

KAO CHALLENGERS ALL BOSSES GAMEPLAY ON MOBILE | PRINCE ALI GAMING

Game Boy Advance Longplay [319] Kao the Kangaroo (US)

Just for reference

Actual feat evaluation blog... Please advise if anyone wishes to pick up any feats and throw requests at feat calc request blog. Then I or any other calc staff will evaluate.

I may work on a few if I have quality time instead of just squeezing time from work and housework.

The elephant gun used by The Hunter may actually look more like a modified Blunderbuss (made in around 1760) rather than a .950 JDJ Rifle. So Kao (Kao 1) is dropped to Street level for being a "primitive" version / predecessor of shotguns and Sawn-Off Shotgun.

Kao Round 2 main casts scale far above grunts who launch themselves into operation like a normal cannon ball firing.

Kao himself can operate a stationary rotary machine gun cannon in fighting a "miner" (a stage 2 boss) so that is another optional equipment.

Kao also steered a "human torpedo" in attacking a giant octopus in an underwater stage so he can swim and even dive and pilot a small submarine/human torpedo. More vehicle mastery.

I wonder if Kao 3 (Mystery of the Volcano) has some lifting strength feat. Like pushing large rock blocks in solving LOZ style puzzles...

BTW Kao could pilot a modified Po-2 and dodge machine gun fire from similar aircrafts. Oh Po-2 as optional equipment.

Kao In the third game does indeed push large blocks.

He also can tank explosions that can fragment large metal fans and other metal things.

He can also roll so fast he can catch on fire, which as I understand is useable for speed feats. Though this is from 2.

In 3 as well, there's a part where he appears to race within a circuit for a little minigame, which could potentially be a good reaction speed feat for being able to steer his vehicle in it. Though it's like some VR thing I think so I'm not sure.

In the reboot we should calculate how much strength is behind the large metal chains his possessed dad swings around as that could be a good feat.

He's def got body control and elasticity as he can be crushed flat and reform just fine too.

Also something worth noting is that Checkpoint Flags are an item in Kao (OG) meaning he can willingly set spawn locations with an item. Possible Resurrection, though he only has a limited supply of these checkpoint flags. Not to mention these things can be tactically placed I imagine if he used them right.

Last edited:
He's def got body control and elasticity as he can be crushed flat and reform just fine too.

Also something worth noting is that Checkpoint Flags are an item in Kao (OG) meaning he can willingly set spawn locations with an item. Possible Resurrection, though he only has a limited supply of these checkpoint flags. Not to mention these things can be tactically placed I imagine if he used them right.
The checkpoint thing... Do we have the same treatment with Mario or Sonic or Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon or Rayman or Klonoa?

It's different though. It's like a built-in equipment he has. An item you can use.

You set it down where you want to respawn and it only works once I believe. Otherwise when you die you'll start at the beginning of the level

I also recall Kao being able to destroy really large rocks in one of the games. I might have to find it again, but it's probably an easy 9-A feat, potentially higher.

I also recall Kao being able to destroy really large rocks in one of the games. I might have to find it again, but it's probably an easy 9-A feat, potentially higher.
He can actually destroy large mechanical devices (where his own punches could not) with bombs found geographically in the environment.

But sometimes those large machines are also behaving like real life machines that do not take total material destruction to make them destroyed.

Nevertheless Kao still push large pillars and throw large bombs like throwing Olympic discus.

Last edited:
Back