• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kamui Raikiri/Shuriken

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordTracer

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I was going to save this for the Part II revisions, but those probably aren’t gonna happen for the next 50 years so I might as well do it now.

According to the databook, Kamui Shuriken and Kamui Raikiri actually cut the opponent before the effect of Kamui happens. So they aren’t purely durability negation and do have some AP behind them.

As such, DMS Kakashi’s AP with these jutsu should scale to Kaguya’s durability.

Last edited:
I agree, however, I think it would be best to provide the raws for the raikiri scan and ask it be translated again if possible.

Are you suggesting that Kakashi should scale to Kaguya in general or just scale Kakashi's AP with Kamui Shuriken and Raikiri to Kaguya's Durability?

Are you suggesting that Kakashi should scale to Kaguya in general or just scale Kakashi's AP with Kamui Shuriken and Raikiri to Kaguya's Durability?
The latter, there’s not really a way to prove that it scales to his durability, right?

I agree, however, I think it would be best to provide the raws for the raikiri scan and ask it be translated again if possible.
I would, but the scan I gave is the only scan I can find of the Kamui Raikiri online.

I disagree with this proposal, DB doesn't state you have to cut someone physically before applying Kamui effect.
It says Raikiri carries Kamui power and the cut part is transported into Kamui. The cut part is the one he touches with Kamui.
The reason being, if you cut something and only then transport that little cut area into the Kamui Dimension, what is the point of this jutsu exactly? You can achieve the same effect on your enemy by just cutting them.

disagree with op aswell since

we know that kaguya with IT amp >kaguya >rsm naruto/rinne sasuke /jj madara>jubito>weakend obito=dms kakashi who was amp by weakend obito
if we scale dms kakashi to kaguya(with IT amp) then we have to scale jubito and weakend obito
to kaguya(with IT amp) aswell

Omimi is right, Obito had a tiny amount of Six Paths Chakra that he used to boost Kakashi.
If Kakashi scales to Kaguya, then Juubito and above also scale from her.

I disagree with this proposal, DB doesn't state you have to cut someone physically before applying Kamui effect.
It says Raikiri carries Kamui power and the cut part is transported into Kamui. The cut part is the one he touches with Kamui.
The reason being, if you cut something and only then transport that little cut area into the Kamui Dimension, what is the point of this jutsu exactly? You can achieve the same effect on your enemy by just cutting them.
Just saying “what is the point of this jutsu” isn’t exactly an argument. That’s like saying “Why bother using a Chidori when you can just stab them with a normal kunai?”

Also is there a reason you didn’t acknowledge Kamui Shuriken, or...?
we know that kaguya with IT amp >kaguya >rsm naruto/rinne sasuke /jj madara>jubito>weakend obito=dms kakashi who was amp by weakend obito
if we scale dms kakashi to kaguya(with IT amp) then we have to scale jubito and weakend obito
to kaguya(with IT amp) aswell
No, we don’t know that weakened Obito = DMS Kakashi, please show where in the manga that was stated. Just having the same eyes doesn’t mean they’re equals.

Just saying “what is the point of this jutsu” isn’t exactly an argument. That’s like saying “Why bother using a Chidori when you can just stab them with a normal kunai?”
"I disagree with this proposal, DB doesn't state you have to cut someone physically before applying Kamui effect.
It says Raikiri carries Kamui power and the cut part is transported into Kamui. The cut part is the one he touches with Kamui."
Just saying this.
I don't agree with your proposal, Kamui Raikiri teleports whatever it touches, not only after it cuts, it will make no sense this way.
Kamui Shuriken activates Kamui on Contact, not much I can say about it.
No, we don’t know that weakened Obito = DMS Kakashi, please show where in the manga that was stated. Just having the same eyes doesn’t mean they’re equals.
Kakashi got his powers from Obito, his DMS was boosted by the Six Paths Chakra that Obito stole from Madara.

I also disagree with this proposal. It seems to make more sense with what is currently on the profile; that those two techniques negate durability through Kamui's spatial manipulation.

We don't know?
How we don't know when kakshi was using weakend obito chakra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back