• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Kamijou Touma vs Ditto
Speed Equal...
Limber Ditto (i.e. no Imposter)
Base Touma
SBA otherwise. Who takes it?

latest

Well, its NLF to presume Ditto can copy Imagine Breaker, and possibly IT. Unsure if it could copy the Dragon Heads, and if it does without having Imagine Breaker then they would immediately be released. Trying to figure out what would happen in a battle between Imagine Breaker and the Dragon Heads is difficult, though I'm leaning towards the Passive mental effects and the time it takes Touma to undo them giving Ditto time to finish him off without him nulling the Dragon.

Ditto arm will explodes when he tries to copy IB like Rensha did in NT 7. I also doubt Ditto could copy dragons since they are sealed if IB still attached on Touma.

Safest way for Ditto is just copy Touma without his power and tries to do street fight.

Or... Ditto could fight without transforming. Just saying, that's also a theoretical option here.

Also helps that Ditto doesn’t have to turn into the first thing it sees and instead anything from its memories. Of course, given where it’s found, that’s likely to be Koffing, Grimer, Growlithe, Venonat, or Raticate (at least if this is a Kanto Ditto).

Also helps that Ditto doesn’t have to turn into the first thing it sees and instead anything from its memories. Of course, given where it’s found, that’s likely to be Koffing, Grimer, Growlithe, Venonat, or Raticate (at least if this is a Kanto Ditto).
Na, this Ditto is dumb as hell. Doesn't even remember what it had for breakfast.
No, seriously, I'm going with the "Unless the starter stated in the versus thread that it can transform into any Pokémon according to its memories, it should only be able to transform to any opponent or objects it can see in the battlefield." I.e. this one can't transform into anything but what's around.

The question of course is: Would a copy based pokemon try to fight without copying. Ditto has no way of knowing how strong Touma is or what his abilities are after all.

Theirs like a 0.001% chance Ditto fights without Transforming based on its actions in all Pokémon media.

If its right arm explodes it would probably get the memo and just transform dead (still damaged, but not dead and still with a massive AP advantage).

I believe it’s commonly believed it wouldn’t purposely transform into something weaker than it. After all, why would it become something obviously weaker than it, when not serving another purpose.

I believe it’s commonly believed it wouldn’t purposely transform into something weaker than it. After all, why would it become something obviously weaker than it, when not serving another purpose.
How would it know whether Touma is weaker or stronger than it? Like, are we arguing that Ditto wouldn't transform into any humans ever?

How would it know whether Touma is weaker or stronger than it? Like, are we arguing that Ditto wouldn't transform into any humans ever?
We never really see a Ditto fight humans, but... I doubt it would transform into an average looking human.

I mean, we never do see one turn into a Human unless commanded. It always prefers things like a Togekiss or Ash’s Pikachu. So...

I mean.. Ditto’s kind of supernatural. What would happen if Touma used his weird power-null on it?
Afaik, Ditto was created using DNA, and his powers (not counting the copied attacks) are also genetic, so it is pretty unlikely that Touma would be able to null it or it's transformations.

Same reason Touma wouldn't be useful against X-men and Boku No Hero.

Off-top, but... X-Men have their powers from gene that doesn't and shouldn't exist, so IB would probably work.
There are no evidence for Pokemon functioning like that though, so Ditto shouldn't be affected.

I think we could do a thread to talk about that, since i heavily disagree Touma would be able to null Wolverine's bones like if they were supernatural blades.

Imagine Breaker doesn't null supernatural, it corrects the world to how the Pure World of ToAru is.

Quotes? I really want to know where it was said, the only thing i remember is that it corrects the world to how it is naturally, no mention to the Pure World.

Can't ditto still struggle, letting it attack while untransformed?

I feel its taking game mechanics too literally to assume that it cannot simply attack with its body. Assault Vest makes pokemon unable to do anything but struggle, even if they have the stamina to use other powers.

It's honestly the first time I try to discuss Pokemon VSB, so I may be going against something that "everybody knows" by assuming mons don't Struggle as long as they can do literally anything else, like in the games. If so, somebody tell me please, so I can take that Vest argument back.

If its options are to physically slam something thousands of times weaker, or to fight it by transforming into it while missing an arm, it should obviously do the first.

Pokemon in-character likely wouldn’t Struggle, since the majority can do things such as Tackle. Ditto knows nothing but Transform, so if it wouldnt transform, it would clearly attack.

He said it’s a reference point to return the world to normal after it is twisted by their desires. I don’t know if that’s its true origin, but it can be used like that. You could say this is the other card you could play. It represents the original world.

Volume 9, btw.

Reactions: Rez
Back