• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kalifa VS Wordgirl

Kalifa VS Wordgirl

Speed is equalized.

The combatants start only 10 meters away from each other.

Fight Location - The City (Wordgirl)

Kalifa - 0
Wordgirl - 0
Inconclusive - 0

Wordgirl's profile doesn't explain anything, but I'll ignore it.

If I've read the numbers correctly, Wordgirl scales to 5.something kilotons, while Kalifa somehwere around 35 kilotons, having the ap advantage.

Other than that Kalifa apparently outskills and outhaxes Wordgirl.

I vote soap woman, if the match isn't a stomp.

If I've read the numbers correctly, Wordgirl scales to 5.something kilotons, while Kalifa somehwere around 35 kilotons, having the ap advantage.

I have no idea which AP value was accepted for Wordgirl. The highest one is like 100 kilotons, iirc. But I have no idea which one she actually scales to.

Looking at their profiles, I think there is a strong possibility that a bloodlusted Word-girl would win.

Word-girl has space-flight + class G lifting strength, this means she is capable of using rods for god, which is when you lift a really heavy rod really high up and drop it. I don't remember exactly how powerful they are, but from what I understand they are comparable to nukes.

While she would be follow her part of the why up and extend her reach with her bubbles, Wordgirl has freeze breath to counter them.

And while it seems like Kaifu has speed amps, what I understand is because Word Girl massively outspeeds her by base, she can't benefit from them in a speed equal fight.

If Word Girl isn't blood-lusted, then you just set an assassin against a relatively moral 11 year old and it is incon because Word girl counters her attacks and flees to space.

Looking at their profiles, I think there is a strong possibility that a bloodlusted Word-girl would win.

Word-girl has space-flight + class G lifting strength, this means she is capable of using rods for god, which is when you lift a really heavy rod really high up and drop it. I don't remember exactly how powerful they are, but from what I understand they are comparable to nukes.

While she would be follow her part of the why up and extend her reach with her bubbles, Wordgirl has freeze breath to counter them.

And while it seems like Kaifu has speed amps, what I understand is because Word Girl massively outspeeds her by base, she can't benefit from them in a speed equal fight.

If Word Girl isn't blood-lusted, then you just set an assassin against a relatively moral 11 year old and it is incon because Word girl counters her attacks and flees to space.
Rods for God? What is that?

I technically misspelled the name, it is rods from god. It is a hypothetical weapon where you use telephone pole sized rods of tungsten and drop them from orbit. While she is unlikely to just happen to find telephone pole sized rods of tungsten, if we presume that Kalifa speed is raised to Word-girl, she can just find a big space rock and use one of those instead. You just need something that wouldn't burn up in reentry.

Even if we presume that Wordgirl speed is lowered to Kalifa, then she still has superior aerial mobility having unlimited flight and leverage that mobility to have greater range by more traditional throwing things from high places. Not quite as flashy as dropping a meteor on someone, but throwing parts of building at someone from high ground can still be effective.

Her profile also notes that she is genius-level in combat, and that she can be highly suspicious. Meaning that while Kalifa would likely be able to one-shot with bubble haxes, it seems reasonable to presume that she wouldn't just let her opponent get in that one attack she needs. And as I said, frost-breath + flight is a good counter to bubbles.

And for people who think I am meme'ing and haven't actually read her profile. It is all there. She might be an eleven year old who is the star of a show for small children, but she is an eleven year old who is the star of a show for small children that is also a Superman-expy.

I technically misspelled the name, it is rods from god. It is a hypothetical weapon where you use telephone pole sized rods of tungsten and drop them from orbit. While she is unlikely to just happen to find telephone pole sized rods of tungsten, if we presume that Kalifa speed is raised to Word-girl, she can just find a big space rock and use one of those instead. You just need something that wouldn't burn up in reentry.

Even if we presume that Wordgirl speed is lowered to Kalifa, then she still has superior aerial mobility having unlimited flight and leverage that mobility to have greater range by more traditional throwing things from high places. Not quite as flashy as dropping a meteor on someone, but throwing parts of building at someone from high ground can still be effective.

Her profile also notes that she is genius-level in combat, and that she can be highly suspicious. Meaning that while Kalifa would likely be able to one-shot with bubble haxes, it seems reasonable to presume that she wouldn't just let her opponent get in that one attack she needs. And as I said, frost-breath + flight is a good counter to bubbles.

And for people who think I am meme'ing and haven't actually read her profile. It is all there. She might be an eleven year old who is the star of a show for small children, but she is an eleven year old who is the star of a show for small children that is also a Superman-expy.
As someone who's watched the show, she really doesn't use "rods of God" or throwing building parts or half of the stuff you're suggesting.

The show for small children is less violent than the battle shonen? Standard Battle Assumptions say that she is willing to kill. As someone who is a genius strategist, probably knows what gravity is, and is now freed from the constrictions of moral aversion to murder, I don't think that raining pennies from the high of skyscrapers is out of the question.

But if you want to go even further into the reasons why Wordgirl has a strong advantage over Kalifa without her just using gravity as a range and AP booster:

• When fighting against an eleven year old girl, her social influencing is useless.
  • Psuedo-flight and Acrobatics is inferior to regular flight.
  • Soru is useless as it is a speed amp, and this is a speed equal fight where her opponent is naturally far faster than her.
  • Tekkai and Soap Armor are not particularly useful as the primary attacking abilities listed on Wordgirl's profile are cold and sonic.
  • Kami-e is similarly not helpful as cold and sonic affect an area.
  • Martial arts, Shigan, and possibly her whips seem to be outranged by the tens of meter Wordgirl has on her cold breath.

Rankyaku outranges the cold-breath, but this doesn't seem to be enough to justify a victory, especially since it doesn't seem to prevent Word-girl from entering her range and so they would be trading blows. With similiar AP and durability, I would say Wordgirl would have the advantage from using cold when Kalifa seems to have no special resistance to this.

The reason why this isn't a stomp is because I don't see anything to suggest that her statistic reduction hack wouldn't one-shot, however between being noted as cautious, having greater mobility, and her cold breath which both help push the bubbles away and make them colder and thus more prone to be lower to the ground as opposed to her flying around, I believe she wins more often than not.

The show for small children is less violent than the battle shonen? Standard Battle Assumptions say that she is willing to kill. As someone who is a genius strategist, probably knows what gravity is, and is now freed from the constrictions of moral aversion to murder, I don't think that raining pennies from the high of skyscrapers is out of the question.

But if you want to go even further into the reasons why Wordgirl has a strong advantage over Kalifa without her just using gravity as a range and AP booster:

• When fighting against an eleven year old girl, her social influencing is useless.
  • Psuedo-flight and Acrobatics is inferior to regular flight.
  • Soru is useless as it is a speed amp, and this is a speed equal fight where her opponent is naturally far faster than her.
  • Tekkai and Soap Armor are not particularly useful as the primary attacking abilities listed on Wordgirl's profile are cold and sonic.
  • Kami-e is similarly not helpful as cold and sonic affect an area.
  • Martial arts, Shigan, and possibly her whips seem to be outranged by the tens of meter Wordgirl has on her cold breath.

Rankyaku outranges the cold-breath, but this doesn't seem to be enough to justify a victory, especially since it doesn't seem to prevent Word-girl from entering her range and so they would be trading blows. With similiar AP and durability, I would say Wordgirl would have the advantage from using cold when Kalifa seems to have no special resistance to this.

The reason why this isn't a stomp is because I don't see anything to suggest that her statistic reduction hack wouldn't one-shot, however between being noted as cautious, having greater mobility, and her cold breath which both help push the bubbles away and make them colder and thus more prone to be lower to the ground as opposed to her flying around, I believe she wins more often than not.
I know that SBA means she's willing to kill, but she's not going to think of "rods of god" or throwing buildings. That's not how she typically operates. She mainly doesn't restrain herself against Tobey's robots, in which case she'd punch through them, blitz them, or rip them apart.

She's also only ever used her freeze breath once. Only once.

tbh, I don't even know why she has genius intelligence. She's gifted at most.

No offense, but you're literally making up things that she'd do in character.

Wordgirl is 47 kilotons

I am arguing based on what it is presented on the profile. And as far as I am aware, it doesn't matter how often a character uses a power, only if they have it or not. And freeze breeth+ flight is a strong counter to everything that Kalifa has. Not only this, but it isn't like it takes a genius to realize that if you are in a fight and someone starts to engulf you in smoke, mist, or in this case bubbles, you probably shouldn't just let them do that and blowing away bubbles would be the logical counter-measure if you happened to have super-breath and someone attempted this.

This is a fight against a show for young children vs a battle shonen. Obviously one of these is going to put less thought in how the characters fight and the combat applicability of their power-set. But again, Word-girl doesn't need to do anything particularly fancy, she just needs to remember the powers she has other than being a flying brick, and the most effective one is also the most obvious to use in this fight.

But they're also in character, so what they lead with, their main methods of dealing with opponents and so-on are important. And again, I mention that she's used her arctic breath only once, meaning it's not one of her go-to options. And Wordgirl often does get engulfed in enemy attacks, even when trying to defeat them or while enraged.

Since Kalifa's win-cons seem fairly uncontroversial: generally being better at fighting and bubble-haxes, and you seem to be more knowledgeable about Word-girl than I am, what are her win-cons?

Wordgirl, like I said earlier, typically leads with melee strikes. However, she also tends to incapacitate opponents, and should be able to do so if she gets the chance thanks to her superior LS, or she could outlast due to her higher stamina.

So yeah, she has wincons.

If Wordgirl always starts with melee, even against unknown opponents, and never uses any of her abilities defensively, then she flies in and immediately gets one-shot by haxes, thus making this a stomp.

Otherwise, she has abilities that logically counter her opponent and can win more often than not.

Back