• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kakegurui vs Kaiji: Duel!

Moritzva

The Blood Goddess
Joke Battles
Content Moderator
Thread Moderator
Yumeko Jabami:

Kaiji Itou:

D'arby Takes Both Of Their Souls:

Let's keep it simple. They're playing poker on the roof of a skyscraper. They can bet anything they'd like, but the winner wins. Each player has one day to prepare.

No prior knowledge. All the cards, tables, chairs, and equipment will be purchased from a nearby hardware store that both know of.

Before they start preparing, they have one hour to talk to each other and socialize.

By the way, I better be able to add this to profiles.

I only watched the first season of Kakegurui and not recently, so my memory of Yumeko's ability is fuzzy. That being said, I remember that she has a habit of leaving things up to chance - Kaiji is the exact opposite.

He always plays logically and carefully. He's not the type to cheat unless his opponent cheated first, but he's excellent at reading people.

Yeah, Yumeko is kind of an "things just happen for me" type of person. While she does "cheat" it's not to the same level of Kaiji, and she'd sometimes leave things out to chance for the thrill.

Considering the similarities, I think Akagi would be a much better match up for her to be honest.

When Kaiji does bet on chance, it's measured. He does everything he can to tilt the situation in his favor. Again; he's not much of a cheater unless the other side cheats first.

The problem is that Akagi is absolutely dummy loaded with feats, while Kaiji and Yumeko feel a bit more even. Akagi is closer to NGNL-levels of bullshittery.

Kaiji is more easily flustered and manipulated when things go bad and can develop slight blind spots in his plans, which have been used against him. However, he's far more ruthless and less likely to skimp out on any advantage he can get. Kaiji is far more crafty and has a lot of really absurd feats of preparation compared to Yumeko.

Yumeko is far more calm and level headed about... Literally anything she could possibly gamble, since that's kind of her thing, and possibly has even better feats at noticing and picking apart cheats and small games, but is far more reactive than proactive, and while she somehow manages to win every game that she manages to make 'random', she will truly push things back into the random category, where only their base skill matters.

Akagi is... Another thing, but he'd probably just lolnope everything Yumeko does a thousand times over.

Kaiji's someone who's at his best when he's at a disadvantage; I think Yumeko is probably a bit more straightforwardly intelligent, but Kaiji's super resourceful and creative, which will be at its best with prep.

... I just realized that Kaiji may be easily flustered by a pretty girl.

Something something cat Yumeko.

Worth noting, is that Yumeko is likely to bet absurdly high. That's definitely going to set Kaiji off, and he's definitely going to suspect something if she's just tossing away billions of yen for one gamble.

I haven't watched Kaiji, but I know that Yumeko is typically absurd when it comes to bets and is likely to make Kaiji uneasy, not to mention that she's likely to see through what kind of play he's going to make.

I never finished the second season, but I know that just because she likes the thrill of leaving things up to chance, it doesn't mean she'll just throw things away just to lose.

He's dealing with the ultimate scary poker face, he won't have anything to play off of her without her letting him.

Considering they have an hour to talk, it's more than enough for him to figure out she's a thrill seeker and kinda insane when it comes to gambling. And knowing her, she'll keep raising the stakes, which will make things worse for her because of Kaiji's thing.

I do vote for Kaiji, when he is in super zawa zawa desperation mode, he can and will take any advantage he can use, specially if Yumeko just increases the bet to an absurd level.

Not to mention he will take the bet seriously from the start, Kaiji does not get a thrill nor intense pleasure from winning, he sees it as duel most of the time (as seen inn the ogre pachinko arc's conclusion.)

A better vs duel would be Kaiji vs Darby or Yugi Muto.

Kaiji would absolutely body D'arby. Their skills and tricks aren't even close.

Yugi is similar. Most of his games are straight-ish games of Yugioh with a side of luck. Gets bodied.

Nagito rolflucks.

--

Now, while Yumeko betting absurdly high may become a problem, it could also very well send Kaiji into a panic as he tries to figure out a cheat that isn't there. After all, while Kaiji is very potent and will try his best under pressure, he can start panicing if things are going downhill, such as during his first match with Kazutaka. And Yumeko would... Not give a flying shit, because of course she wouldn't.

Arguably, Yumeko has more raw skill, and given that reading her will be a goddamn nightmare since she's a living paradox compared to most of Kaiji's cheat-happy opponents, Kaiji will probably need to employ some... creative measures to ensure victory.

You should use Subject Zero or The Number Ma for gambling matches

All I know about Yumeko is that she gets off on gambling and that she doesn't like people making the game more predictable, including herself. Keeping the element of randomness in could give Kaiji an out, but that desire could also result in her clamping down if she deems his playstyle too centered around maximizing his odds.

That sounds about right.

I do not think Yugi would be bodied by Kaiji. The pharaoh has thousands of yesrs in game experience and if count season 0, has experience in tons of different games, and he can also swap between Atem and Yugi to throw Kaiji off. And Kaiji has been tricked and defeated if he does not have a plan like with theb lottery and the chinchiro (ehich he would have lost without his "friend"'s notes.)

Regardless, i think this is a decisive win for Kaiji, Yumeko is just willing to lose a couple million if she feels Kaiji could use them better than herself.

Also Kaiji does not always cheat, like with seen when he played tonegawa based on raw psychological manipulation alone.

SBA would definitely not make Yumeko decide to lose for no reason.

Didnt mean it that way. Its just that Yumeko is more accepting of loss than Kaiji based on their backstories of dealing with such outcome.

Not saying she would want to lose, but would not avoid to an extreme like Kaiji might do if the bet is just that massive.

vvvvv
Regardless, based on the situation they are both in.

Kaiji can be at a disadvantage by not knowing what kind of person Yumeko is, which was a big factor on his win against Tonegawa. The tops of skyscrappers can be windy, but it more than likely modifying the tent or small room they'll be too obvious for either to not notice and call off the match. Kaiji can indeed rig the hardware store in various ways as seen with the pachinko arc. He can both pretend to change the decks and modify the one Yumeko might bring on her own to prevent Kaiji from changing the deck from the store, or use his knowledge in infractructure to tilt the odds in his favor depending on the details.

Now that i think about it, asking which school Yumeko is from might let Kaiji have that personality advantage he had against tonegawa since it is both a socially common question he can ask and the school is infamous for the betting culture and the absurd amount of money they have.

This would let Kaiji get some big red flags about Yumeko and threat her like Tonegawa instantly, while Yumeko might just get the idea Kaiji is worth the attention because a poor lookimg punk like him must be special to survive Spoir and the other deth games he has been in and Yumeko might know abut thanks to her economical position.

So yeah, based on the situation, id say Kaiji would win.

But if it truly is a casual, no real super intense zawa zawa despair moment, either would win. But that might be impossible due to Yumeko's gambling lust and she would most likely like to see why she was asked to duel this simple looking man, Kaiji might even guarantee this if he mentions the spoir, bog or any othrr really impressive bets he has been in.

The biggest problem is Kaiji getting past her being completely unpredictably insane, over-analyzing her for cheats that aren't there, and having his cheats undone in her favor.

Vote counted, though.

While i do think Kaiji would win based on past experiences, its somewhat comforting to see that regardless of the result, both parties end up winning since Yumeko doesn't mind losing money and even if she won, she would most likely just gift Kaiji a couple million to pay whichever debts he got himself into this time.

I think I might do Kaiji vs Subject Zero dead ass. Like maybe have Subject Zero be set to how he was at the end of the game, and they are gambling for an injection of chronos. Kaiji to sell it for money and Subject zero to huh, live. Would that work as a match?

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I think I might do Kaiji vs Subject Zero dead ass. Like maybe have Subject Zero be set to how he was at the end of the game, and they are gambling for an injection of chronos. Kaiji to sell it for money and Subject zero to huh, live. Would that work as a match?
Assuming Zero can't Rewind No Jitsu? Potentially.

I mean even at the end of the game you can rewind

Yumeko and Kaiji ate both really good at noticing what scheme the opponent is using. Kaiji should win because he prepares much better but Yumeko would likely win because she seems to have an extreme luck ability or something the way the plot always has her winning when she leaves the game to chance.

Back