• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This just mean they have lightning speed reactions. We don't know when they reacted to it, or where it was when they realized. We just know they reacted to it.

If Choji and Shika had lightning-speed reactions, shouldn't Kakashi have trusted them to get out of the way in time instead of imposing himself inbetween?

If Choji and Shika had lightning-speed reactions, shouldn't Kakashi have trusted them to get out of the way in time instead of imposing himself inbetween?
Evidently they were unable to save themselves in any case; but even if Kakashi assumed they'd be capable of doing it, that isn't a good reason for him to not try and save his subordinates - given that he has a technique seemingly suitable for cancelling out the Lightning style jutsu and they do not.

Okay, so I have an issue with the two perception speed calculations.

Which assumes that the characters involved did not start percieving the attack until it was 1.44 meters away from Shikamaru.

This is the sequence of the feat.

Shikamaru and Choji are staring in Kakuzu's direction, seeing the attack get charged up and fired towards them meaning they had ample time for their brains to register what was going on before it reached that distance. I don't see a reason to assume that they reacted to Kakashi jumping in there before he blocked the lightning so that doesn't work for perception speed either.
choji started to change movements during that timeframe. he'd be fine

choji started to change movements during that timeframe. he'd be fine
Yeah, the reaction speed calc for Choji isn't what I'm questioning though. And that doesn't just require perception speed at that level in that instance since he had a much longer time to percieve what was happening. It wasn't like he only just noticed Kakazu's attack as it reached 1.44 meters away.

Yeah, the reaction speed calc for Choji isn't what I'm questioning though. And that doesn't just require perception speed at that level in that instance since he had a much longer time to percieve what was happening. It wasn't like he only just noticed Kakazu's attack as it reached 1.44 meters away.
I calced the fact that he started moving at a specific timeframe, so in that same timeframe he reacted to a certain amount of events

Reaction starts when you perceive what’s happening no? Elsewise you don’t consider the fact that it took Shika the time it took the lightning to get that close to perceive and decide to act.

Reaction starts when you perceive what’s happening no? Elsewise you don’t consider the fact that it took Shika the time it took the lightning to get that close to perceive and decide to act.

Yep, that is largely the problem with it. There is no good reason to believe that Shikamaru's and Choji's perception only started when the lightning got that close.

Then Shikamaru's can be cut then, but Choji reacted to the lightning in the same timeframe and he reacted to his own movement in the same timeframe. Choji is fine

Are the Shika Choji scenarios not the exact same?
Choji did a movement during his time when the lightning was close and when Kakashi intercepted it

Shikamaru did a movement before the lightning got close

We don't know when Shikamaru reacted, while we know when Choji did

Choji did a movement during his time when the lightning was close and when Kakashi intercepted it

Shikamaru did a movement before the lightning got close

We don't know when Shikamaru reacted, while we know when Choji did
Did Choji watch Kakuzu fire the lightning?

If Choji saw the lightning fire off, and then react, he reacted to the lightning. The reaction begins when he perceives what he’s reacting to, aka the firing of the lightning.

If Choji saw the lightning fire off, and then react, he reacted to the lightning. The reaction begins when he perceives what he’s reacting to, aka the firing of the lightning.
Arc

If you shoot a bullet at me 20 meters away from me
And I choose to move when it's 2 meters away from me
And I can perceive my own movement
I'm reacting to my own movement

The reaction begins when he perceived his own movement

Arc

If you shoot a bullet at me 20 meters away from me
And I choose to move when it's 2 meters away from me
And I can perceive my own movement
I'm reacting to my own movement

The reaction begins when he perceived his own movement
No you’re misrepresenting what happened,

What happened was the lightning was so fast Choji couldn’t begin moving until after he perceived and registered the attack.

Under your assumption Choji would be able to react to the attack from point blank range. Which isn’t the case he needed that extra time to perceive and for his neurons to fire from his brain to his arms telling them to move.

FYI you can still calc Shika and Choji’s reactions but you’d do it by a ratio of the distance Choji or Shika moved divided by the distance between Kakuzu and Shika or Choji times lightning speed [(Shika or Choji distance) / (distance from Kakuzu to Shika or Choji)] * lightning speed

what does this do to choji's speed calc
?

To calc both Shika and Choji’s reactions you would need to take a ratio of the distances they each moved over the distance lightning traversed (Kakuzu to the tip of the lightning bolt) and then multiply it by the speed of lightning to get Shika and Choji’s reaction speeds.

?

To calc both Shika and Choji’s reactions you would need to take a ratio of the distances they each moved over the distance lightning traversed (Kakuzu to the tip of the lightning bolt) and then multiply it by the speed of lightning to get Shika and Choji’s reaction speeds.
I'm talking about the current existing Choji blocking feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back