• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
This calculation here.

An issue with this calculation is the numerous amounts of assumptions made in this calc, and some incorrect information.

Now, some context on the feat.

Kakashi had just been wrecked by Kakuzu's Wind Release, which took place quite a few meters away from Team 8.

This is incorrect.

We are told that Kakashi saw through the attack via using his Sharingan, which is supported by him spotting the attack prior to it being fired. Not only that, but the databook states that the technique is difficult to anticipate. The databook doesn't speak about events that the manga don't even hint about, but that is mainly supportive evidence.

Now how could he have moved? Maybe Shunshin or Substitution in mid air or something, but the point is that he wasn't in the area of the attack at that moment.

We see that his jacket is destroyed and his mask is damaged though but his clothes under his jacket aren't damaged. This can be evidence of course for him getting tagged, but he wasn't... right at the center or anything.

The anime completely ignores it, and instead, it makes him get hit directly by the blast and it destroys his sleeves and such, which then were brought back folded (like how they were prior in the manga)? The only thing changed was that he blocked it, which wouldn't make sense if his vest got destroyed, but his sleeves (that blocked it) were unaffected.
After Kakuzu released his jutsu, Kakashi ran and covered the distance between Team 8 and the blast in the time it took for the lightning to cover about half of that.
This is another assumption made that is... pretty baseless.

We don't know when Kakashi started to move. Could've been earlier, could've been later. But the main issue is the assumption of him moving in a straight line starting the moment that the attack was made, which is incorrect.

We see Kakashi moving in a motion that looked like dropping from the air, something calculated from this calc.

Another issue is Kakashi flying past others relative to him without them noticing him, which makes no sense whatsoever.
Kakashi moving that far... seems wrong.
We aren't aware of the exact radius, but going by this picture, it seems to be as wide as the nearby trees, which Gwynbleidd calculated at 28m. Overall, I'll add 15 meters to avoid any calc stacking or inflation and to go by what's shown.
Those trees are not 28 meters wide. In the same scan we see with Kakuzu that was used to calc the distance, those trees (which are closer to the screen than he is) aren't 10x bigger than he is.

You can see all the scans used for the trees during the battle in here, so that 15 meter addition used to add on to the distance covered in the calc is incorrect.

No link to Gwyn's blog was provided, so how do we know this is valid either?

The best bet is to use one of these calculations in the link below.
We won't change any ratings this thread. That's for the impending speed revision in the far future.

Edit: As now that people are focusing more on the new calc, it is obvious the original premise is accepted. With that being the case, the new calc can be discussed for it's validity.

Last edited:
Can yall please stop talking about Calc B and start talking about Calc A

The one bit I'm not really sold on is the Choji speed calculation. The anime doesn't actually show the moment of Choji's movement or Choji in motion; his arms are just in a different spot between camera angles.

So in essence there is no real timeframe for his arm's movement, so it doesn't really work as a speed calculation. (Especially given how the circumstances of the "feat" doesn't really make sense. He doesn't move for the lightning covering 20 meters but he does in the time it covers 26 cm?)

But this isn't really a point on using the overall calc over the original one. Just an issue I have with a small part of the new calc. Perhaps best discussed elsewhere.

I don't think so. I haven't seen a single point from anyone in favor of using the previous calculation which has basic issues anyway like links not working.

At the very least we can decide on not using the original calc for the feat. Actually implementing the other one though and discussions on overall speed revisions should probably be held in the near-future.

I don't think so. I haven't seen a single point from anyone in favor of using the previous calculation which has basic issues anyway like links not working.

At the very least we can decide on not using the original calc for the feat. Actually implementing the other one though and discussions on overall speed revisions should probably be held in the near-future.
Yes, this thread isn't for implementation or scaling, but we still need the new calculation vetted and evaluated by multiple CGMs before we can even begin to discuss implementation.
Can you evaluate it, please?

Looking at the scene once more, I definitely think the Choji feat is legitimate.
Like, we directly see in the first scan that while Kakashi was getting into position and the bolts were approaching, Choji's arms were clearly down. Then at the exact moment that Kakashi was intercepting the bolts, Choji's arms were clearly up over his head in a blocking position. To me it seems clear that he reacted to the bolts and moved his arms to block the attack.

the new calc has been accepted, the new calc is not a priority, i just put it there for something to replace the current rating for the next thread so ppl don't shit their pants thinking of the next rating to scale to

this thread is about removing the current calc's validity

Looking at the scene once more, I definitely think the Choji feat is legitimate.
Like, we directly see in the first scan that while Kakashi was getting into position and the bolts were approaching, Choji's arms were clearly down. Then at the exact moment that Kakashi was intercepting the bolts, Choji's arms were clearly up over his head in a blocking position. To me it seems clear that he reacted to the bolts and moved his arms to block the attack.

I'll discuss this more when the speed revisions happen, but I still think it's not legit in its current form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back