• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sometimes the site is funny, and not show you message for threads you are following

Anyways, basically Rui's stamina is a huge problem for Kafka. It is true about how uncertain for how long Kafka can fight for, but Kafka does have his advantages in being analytical and statistics wise.

Obviously, Kafka will not have knowledge of Rui being weak to sunlight, but I'm certain Kafka will realize how at a disadvantage he will be when he notices that no matter how much or where he shoot Rui, the demon is constantly regenerating and start to wonder whether Rui has a core or not similar to a Kaiju. Being a smart guy, he will try to temporary retreat into the forest and try to plot out strategies against Rui, which is possible due to the big speed increase granted by his PT. He have access to means to stall the fight out with Freeze Rounds (which freeze on contact and slow down movement) and Conductor Rounds (which paralyze people on contact and even if it misses, if Rui is near the impact, he could be caught by the chain lightning cause by the bullet which will make it hard for him to move)

And the same way that Kafka can't get by Rui's regeneration, the same is applied to Rui. It is within the realm of possibility for Kafka to be able to stall Rui out til morning given his slight AP/Dura advantage (higher with PT), LS advantage (he would be able to easily break out from Rui's threads if he try to restrain him), speed advantage with PT, elemental bullets and Regeneration and then probably take notice of the sunlight weakness and take advantage of it, which will honestly be the only way for Kafka to win.

Last edited:
I see kafka being able to stall rui out until daytime comes than him tiring himself out. Its not like he'll be fighting at peak performance and then at one point have 0 stamina. He'll gradually become weaker through the fight and rui can capitalize on his stamina being low. Even if he's not completely drained, He doesn't have to be. Once he shows signs of slowing down its practically over. Rui can also increase the strength of his webs by just using more blood on them which he doesn't run out of. Also if kafka wins due to the speed he gained from turning into kaiju then the match can't be added, as per SBA rules if a major reason a slower character won a fight in a speed equalized match is due to a speed advantage that they would normally don't have, Then the match is invalid. Basically kafka going subsonic won't be a problem to rui normally since he's faster than that, But now it would be since he got equalized down to superhuman.

Let just say i'm traumatized because Misaka vs Kokushibo lel

Anyway before changing the condition, does transformed Kafka goes straigt up to 7-C or just higher 9-A?

Let just say i'm traumatized because Misaka vs Kokushibo lel

Anyway before changing the condition, does transformed Kafka goes straigt up to 7-C or just higher 9-A?
Higher into 9-A from what I've heard Since in this key he can only partially go into his kaiju form but not all the way.

Alright, My stance remains the same. I can't see kafka being able to stall out rui for 6 hours. Its possible but unlikely and rui outlasting and draining kafka is likelier. A couple hours into the fight and kafka should be drained meanwhile rui is still performing at peak performance and by then he can capitalize. he can also increase the strength of his webs by using more blood in them. I'll vote rui for now

So let’s see here: So Kafka is starting out in his PT state, that does means no speed advantage and bump Rui’s chance of winning.

Kafka does still have some lead in terms of AP and Durability, especially Durability since his Partial Transformation grants far higher defenses than that of his his Defense Force Suit (which is > 0.0158 Tons at 1% and higher with Shield) and allow him to withstand/survive attacks from Isao Shinomiya who, while not exactly fighting at 100%, is casually stronger than PT Kafka. So even if Rui does sharpen his threads with his blood, Kafka should be able to withstand them

Honestly, I say that both combatants have an almost equal chances of winning tbh. If I really have to vote, I guess incon for now due to both chances of winning being near equal and could go to either one

So let’s see here: So Kafka is starting out in his PT state, that does means no speed advantage and bump Rui’s chance of winning.

Kafka does still have some lead in terms of AP and Durability, especially Durability since his Partial Transformation grants far higher defenses than that of his his Defense Force Suit (which is > 0.0158 Tons at 1% and higher with Shield) and allow him to withstand/survive attacks from Isao Shinomiya who, while not exactly fighting at 100%, is casually stronger than PT Kafka. So even if Rui does sharpen his threads with his blood, Kafka should be able to withstand them

Honestly, I say that both combatants have an almost equal chances of winning tbh. If I really have to vote, I guess incon for now due to both chances of winning being near equal and could go to either one
Kafka is surviving rui's attacks for sure but that wasn't really his main wincon, His main wincon is lasting which is more likely as kafka would have to last 6 hours fighting someone who isn't that far behind than he is and can amp himself. I see rui's chances being better than kafka's Plus kafka doesn't have to be at 0 stamina either, Once he's low at stamina then rui practically wins since kafka's performance will continue to get worse and worse while rui's fighting at peak performance the whole time. I'd also like to point out that rui doesn't run out of blood at all, If he wanted to he can put enough blood so that his attack will actually be stronger than kafka's dura which could help in wearing him out more, He'd likely do this once he sees kafka regenerating from his attacks and his attacks not doing much to kafka in the first place. The stat gap could also be closed by piercing damage since it isn't that big

Last edited:
Kafka is surviving rui's attacks for sure but that wasn't really his main wincon, His main wincon is lasting which is more likely as kafka would have to last 6 hours fighting someone who isn't that far behind than he is and can amp himself. I see rui's chances being better than kafka's Plus kafka doesn't have to be at 0 stamina either, Once he's low at stamina then rui practically wins since kafka's performance will continue to get worse and worse while rui's fighting at peak performance the whole time. I'd also like to point out that rui doesn't run out of blood at all, If he wanted to he can put enough blood so that his attack will actually be stronger than kafka's dura which could help in wearing him out more, He'd likely do this once he sees kafka regenerating from his attacks and his attacks not doing much to kafka in the first place. The stat gap could also be closed by piercing damage since it isn't that big
The latest argument

I mean, the fight basically boils down to whether Kafka can last 6 hours in a dense forest. Rui does possess an edge with him being unable to get tired. But does possess a variety means of being able to stall with his elemental bullets and use the dense forest to hide himself as Rui does not possess any means of sensing him according to the profile.

To me overall, I can see either the possibility of Rui pressuring Kafka to the point of exhaustion or Kafka using his intellect to use the environment to his advantage, equipment and abilities to hold out til dawn.

Is dragging out a fight in character him? because he doesn't have prior knowledge that rui will die once the sun comes down, plus rui will get basically bloodlusted at the last minutes of the fight to try and take him out quickly.

If he notices that no matter how much or how he attacks Rui and he constantly regenerates, he will realize he is fighting a losing battle and will comes to the decision that he will not win in a head to head battle and avoids direct confrontation til he figure out a weakness.

As for the part for if dragging out a fight is in character to Kafka... indeed it is, he is shown willing to drag out the fight against Isao Shinomiya in C35 by dodging his attacks til he overheats. Kafka will drags out a fight if it proves beneficial to him. He may not knows about Rui's sun weakness but he will not keep directly confront Rui if he realizes his attacks can't put him down at all

Kafka can't run away from rui or stall him out at all, they have equal speeds with kafka having a slight AP advantage, Rui will always follow him in pursuit, at best for him he'd have to always run which will drain his stamina.

I looked at chapter 35 and its not the same case here, that old dude was ragdolling him and he was forced to stall him and it isn't the case here because he's literally stronger than rui so he wouldn't need to stall rui out.

Back