• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kabal vs Tracer (Mortal Kombat vs Overwatch)

Kabal

tracer

(the black dragon have decided to terrorize both talon and overwatch) in a enemy mine situation, both teams send in tracer to deal with kabal. can tracer do it.

Rules:

Both 9-A

both have knowledge of each other

They start 10 meters apart

in-character for both

battle takes place near the great pyramids of giza i guess

Victory conditions are incap or death

Note:

If the rules have any bias. feel free to point it out and i'll correct it to make things more fair. (Just in case) (i want to make sure the fight is fair and there isn't any bias to either side)

he's in-character here i guess.

would it be better to make it incapacitation only or something? or just bloodlust tracer and all taht
Doesn't matter. Tracer can't harm Kabal and Kabal can sure as shit harm Tracer, hit that glowing thing on Tracer's chest and incapping her that way.
i meant aren't they both 9-A?
Kabal scales to a cacasual, 0.09 ton feat and Tracer scales to a 0.008 ton feat. The difference is over 11x in numbers alone.

Doesn't matter. Tracer can't harm Kabal and Kabal can sure as shit harm Tracer, hit that glowing thing on Tracer's chest and incapping her that way.

Kabal scales to a cacasual, 0.09 ton feat and Tracer scales to a 0.008 ton feat. The difference is over 11x in numbers alone.

wouldn't bloodlusted tracer work?

So... what stops Kabal from just pulling a Doomfist on Tracer cause he one-shots her?
Tracer being rather untouchable with blinks and Kabal not having a forcefield to prevent him from being riddled with bullets, despite being stronger he isn't suddenly bulletproof.

Kabal is a similar case to Genji and Tracer is able to catch him off-guard during training.
11x in numbers alone.
Quantity and piercing would make the gap matter less, Tracer is squishy as is so she's reliant on being slippery.

Do yerself a favor, at least try and look up AP values next time, cause everyone in Overwatch either one-shots or gets one-shot.
No need to be condescending.

Tracer's pulse whatevers don't shoot bullets at all, in fact it's debatable on if they even have much piercing damage at all, plus the quantity doesn't really work against someone who's 11x stronger then Tracer, especially since she has a limited amount of stamina that is almost certainly below Kabal's due to lack of stamina feats that aren't in favor of or better versions of in Kabal's feats.

Also, I think Kabal would be able to predict someone running circles around him and just bisect Tracer or something along those lines.

Tracer's pulse whatevers don't shoot bullets at all, in fact it's debatable on if they even have much piercing damage at all,
Both Tracer and Soldier use pulse ammunition and I don't think you'd dispute the notion that his shots pierce, you say it's debatable but frankly I don't think it is at all. They blast holes through things, they pierce.

plus the quantity doesn't really work against someone who's 11x stronger then Tracer
That's not how that works, you need to prove Kabal is bulletproof. Being at an 11x gap doesn't magically make human skin impervious to piercing ammunition.

especially since she has a limited amount of stamina that is almost certainly below Kabal's due to lack of stamina feats
Both are listed as High in Stamina, funnily enough Kabal has zero explanation at all and just lists the rating.

Also, I think Kabal would be able to predict someone running circles around him and just bisect Tracer or something along those lines.
So would Genji, the trained ninja that can also deflect automatic gunfire and zip around quickly just like Kabal, which is why I made the comparison.

Uh no, Tracer's pistols fire condensed energy. They burn they don't pierce. Why do you think they're usable for spars? Yeah they have the AP to blow through things but that's cause they're 9-A.

And funnily enough, neither does Tracer. Kabal does longer missions with more combat without rest then Tracer has ever prove-ably done.

Uh no, Tracer's pistols fire condensed energy. They burn they don't pierce.
They are tiny blasts that carry momentum, if they didn't she wouldn't be able to blast through robots like she does, unless you want to insinuate that her blasts are so hot that it's enough to tear through things, which would require Kabal to then resist the heat or be shredded that way.

They can both burn and pierce, or if it's just the burn Kabal is still ******.

Why do you think they're usable for spars?
Are you trying to imply that her shots are completely non-lethal? Because that sounds like the implication there and it only raises a lot of dumb questions that I don't think should be raised.

And funnily enough, neither does Tracer.
Tracer's explanation is right there, you cannot actually say this because Kabal's page doesn't. You're only doing it to be intentionally contentious.

Kabal does longer missions with more combat without rest then Tracer has ever prove-ably done.
Prove that this 1v1 will be long enough to matter.

I'm saying Tracer's shots aren't what you claim they are, just being a small cylinder using your scaling to Soldier doesn't work for the piercing damage you claim they have, just because they're guns doesn't mean they have copius amounts piercing damage and aren't just Attack Potency. And their burning isn't that potent either

I'm not implying they're non-lethal, I'm saying that if they had the piercing damage you say they have they would never, ever, EVER be allowed for spars even against someone like Genji. And to cover your frankly awful Genji point earlier, why the pissing hell would Genji be trying to harm her or the Chronal Accelerator enough to incap or predict her like that?

She doesn't have scans of doing it. Soldier: 76 does. And our standards on stamina doesn't let Tracer scale to Morrison in that regard.

Prove Tracer has half-way decent piercing damage that can actually damage someone, I repeat, is over 11x stronger then her. Because you haven't. You make far too many assumptions to come to your conclusions here(Tracer having bullets for one)

considering Tracer likes up close and personal combat at a melee range or near melee range, enough range for Kabal to read her blinks and just slash where she's gonna be next, or, even better, just hold out his sword and let Tracer either blink or run into it to kill herself on it, especially since Kabal has prior knowledge, if you think he won't be looking for her blink distance you are apsolutely painting Kabal as a complete dumbass.

I mean, having an 11X AP advantage is pretty busted tbh, Kabal can literally make Tracer explode with a touch, and Tracer's projectiles have shown to be ineffective against characters who are too durable, see Doomfist.
It has also to be accounted that Kabal's speed amps scale far higher than his normal speed (which comes from a feat he performs while not charging at super speed) meaning that he could easily tear through Tracer if he were to tackle her.

Sure, Kabal's not the sharpest knife in the drawer (especially his MK11 and Revenant self, for which I will make keys in the future), but all the aforementioned advantage combined with him being able to deflect bullets too make this match extremely unbalanced.

I mean, having an 11X AP advantage is pretty busted tbh, Kabal can literally make Tracer explode with a touch, and Tracer's projectiles have shown to be ineffective against characters who are too durable, see Doomfist.
Doomfist had a forcefield.
And their burning isn't that potent either
Either they are burning through targets to make up for not having piercing or they have piercing damage to assist, you can't argue this.

I'm not implying they're non-lethal, I'm saying that if they had the piercing damage you say they have they would never, ever, EVER be allowed for spars even against someone like Genji.
And you think having them be hot to melt through robotics makes them safer for sparring?

She doesn't have scans of doing it. Soldier: 76 does.
Both are considered pulse ammunition.

And our standards on stamina doesn't let Tracer scale to Morrison in that regard.
I don't think we are talking about the same thing here.

Prove Tracer has half-way decent piercing damage that can actually damage someone
Prove Kabal is bulletproof or has heat resistance.

considering Tracer likes up close and personal combat at a melee range or near melee range, enough range for Kabal to read her blinks and just slash
Genji had trouble with it, Kabal will too, simple as.

if you think he won't be looking for her blink distance you are apsolutely painting Kabal as a complete dumbass.
You cannot just say this right after saying this:
just hold out his sword and let Tracer either blink or run into it to kill herself on it
Because you are implying Tracer is also stupid with this, so honestly whatever point you're trying to make is null and incorrect.

It has also to be accounted that Kabal's speed amps scale far higher than his normal speed
So do Tracer's blinks and she spams this.

but all the aforementioned advantage combined with him being able to deflect bullets too make this match extremely unbalanced.
I think the fact that I'm able to argue it disproves this.

No, Doomfist did not have Shields. You flat out cannot prove he had any. Regardless Doom was like, over 40x as strong which is why I never brought him up.

Tracer's guns scale to 9-A. Small as what it shoots are, they'll still have some piercing damage. They just don't have a ton like a bullet would due to being cylinders.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never once said it was hot enough to burn through robotics.

For one, wasn't talking about their weapons, for two, Soldier's Pulse Rifle fires cylinders.

Yes, we are. We were talking about stamina in that one in-case you didn't notice.

Which, as you strawmanned and overblown so graciously, isn't actually a real issue.

Yes, he needs to predict Tracer to do any of those things since her reactions actually aren't increased prove-ably increased by her chronal accelerator. and the reason Tracer gave Genji trouble, is because she is faster then him with or without her teleport blink which by the way is stupid and should be revised. Tracer don't teleport.

No, Doomfist did not have Shields. You flat out cannot prove he had any.
Factually incorrect, her shots are being diffused against shielding in the video and it's on his profile, this is a known thing.

Tracer's guns scale to 9-A. Small as what it shoots are, they'll still have some piercing damage
So do they have piercing damage or do they not, Reaper? Which one is it? Do they pierce Kabal or don't they?

Don't put words in my mouth. I never once said it was hot enough to burn through robotics.
Then how are they able to blast through robotics without piercing and with little momentum due to being condensed energy? They either burn through things or pierce them.

For one, wasn't talking about their weapons
Then what was the point in the Soldier comparison as that is the only reason I brought him up, both use pulse ammunition.

Yes, we are. We were talking about stamina in that one in-case you didn't notice.
Between Kabal and Tracer, not Soldier.
Which, as you strawmanned and overblown so graciously, isn't actually a real issue.
I have not strawmanned you or overblown it at all.

Yes, he needs to predict Tracer to do any of those things since her reactions actually aren't increased prove-ably increased by her chronal accelerator. and the reason Tracer gave Genji trouble, is because she is faster then him with or without her teleport blink which by the way is stupid and should be revised.
I mean, not necessarily. Tracer was caught by Doom not because she ran into his fist and because he calculated her movement and timing to catch her where she was going, if there's another instance to demonstrate her being blind as a bat during blinks I'd ask you to show it.

They have the same speed rating, it's just acknowledged that she goes much faster during Blinks.

Tracer don't teleport.
Yeah it probably shouldn't be on the page.

Factually incorrect, her shots are being diffused against shielding in the video and it's on his profile, this is a known thing.

So do they have piercing damage or do they not, Reaper? Which one is it? Do they pierce Kabal or don't they?

Then how are they able to blast through robotics without piercing and with little momentum due to being condensed energy? They either burn through things or pierce them.

Then what was the point in the Soldier comparison as that is the only reason I brought him up, both use pulse ammunition.

Between Kabal and Tracer, not Soldier.

I have not strawmanned you or overblown it at all.

I mean, not necessarily. Tracer was caught by Doom not because she ran into his fist and because he calculated her movement and timing to catch her where she was going, if there's another instance to demonstrate her being blind as a bat during blinks I'd ask you to show it.

They have the same speed rating, it's just acknowledged that she goes much faster during Blinks.

Yeah it probably shouldn't be on the page.
Uh no? We know what a shot going against shielding looks like in overwatch, that most certainly ain't it

That's just the thing, I don't know how we treat the one-shot 7.5x value on Durability, I personally believe they'd do nothing or practically nothing, but I could be wrong there.

They scale to Hypersonic speeds and scale to 9-A chief...

I brought him up to say the stamina example on Tracer's file is wrong cause it doesn't have proof and to cover ground.

See above.

Then by all means show me where I said Tracer's pulse pistols produce enough heat to melt metal. If you can't that just means you were doing it subconsciously.

The fact she actually has to come out of blinks to shoot and such, in fact she does her reacting after she's done blinking.

Pretty sure Tracer scales above Genji due to the statement on the file, which I half dont believe exists so shrug

Uh no? We know what a shot going against shielding looks like in overwatch, that most certainly ain't it
No he factually had shielding, the shots weren't diffusing against his skin at all.

That's just the thing, I don't know how we treat the one-shot 7.5x value on Durability, I personally believe they'd do nothing or practically nothing, but I could be wrong there.
We don't treat it that way, one-shots work for AP on Durability but no-selling isn't given a defined value like that.

They scale to Hypersonic speeds and scale to 9-A chief...
AP doesn't just come from nowhere, Reaper. Don't be ridiculous.

I brought him up to say the stamina example on Tracer's file is wrong cause it doesn't have proof and to cover ground.
Which beats Kabal's lack of explanation at all because?

Then by all means show me where I said Tracer's pulse pistols produce enough heat to melt metal.
You can't pick and choose here.

The fact she actually has to come out of blinks to shoot and such
She uses her blinks to for mobility and to reposition herself, if she had no reaction capability she'd end up blinking into walls.

Pretty sure Tracer scales above Genji due to the statement on the file
He'd have trouble keeping up with her because of her Blinks.

No he factually had shielding, the shots weren't diffusing against his skin at all.

We don't treat it that way, one-shots work for AP on Durability but no-selling isn't given a defined value like that.

AP doesn't just come from nowhere, Reaper. Don't be ridiculous.

Which beats Kabal's lack of explanation at all because?

You can't pick and choose here.

She uses her blinks to for mobility and to reposition herself, if she had no reaction capability she'd end up blinking into walls.

He'd have trouble keeping up with her because of her Blinks.
I've watched the scene 3 times to triple check and I don't see it.

Why I might ask?

9-A comes from the fact Tracer scales at least somewhat to Soldier: 76. Like really, you act like Tracer's guns are some kind of exception to damn near the entire verse aside from literally 3 characters: Winston, Reaper, and Doomfist.

Kabal has better feats, stamina isn't really something we've ever actually gone exactly by the file for. It's generally reviewed as needed in-thread from my experience, especially for those without a justification.

Quoting a post with an overblown piece of work in it and ignores AP values isn't the best example at all.

Or the more realistic option: she uses strategies, which is more then likely what got her predicted by Doom.

Genji has the catching power to keep up with shit like swift strike.

I've watched the scene 3 times to triple check and I don't see it.
I don't know what to say, I can see it pretty clearly.

Why I might ask?
The one-shot gap stems from real-life stuff, but the same person who can one-shot isn't suddenly impervious to the person he's stronger than.

9-A comes from the fact Tracer scales at least somewhat to Soldier: 76. Like really, you act like Tracer's guns are some kind of exception to damn near the entire verse aside from literally 3 characters: Winston, Reaper, and Doomfist.
Potency doesn't just come from thin air, and if you're willing to acknowledge that Soldier has piercing Tracer would as well because they both use pulse ammunition, Tracer's being connected to her Chronal Accelerator stems from the fact that she reverses time to replenish her ammo, not that they are weird time powered energy bullets.

Kabal has better feats, stamina isn't really something we've ever actually gone exactly by the file for.
I don't know why this is a big deal in the first place when I'm pointing out that both are considered to have High stamina, both can fight for hours and in a 1v1 we cannot always assume fights are going to last that long.

Quoting a post with an overblown piece of work in it and ignores AP values isn't the best example at all.
You're the one trying to say her ammunition is safe for sparring against comparable targets because they have no piercing or heat.

Or the more realistic option: she uses strategies, which is more then likely what got her predicted by Doom.
The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Genji has the catching power to keep up with shit like swift strike.
Contextually Swift Strike wouldn't equate to Blinks as Tracer can spam it.

Abstractions. Pal. Your either not reading my posts straight or your just that thick-headed about Tracer's pulse pistols.

"Small as what it shoots are, they'll still have some piercing damage. They just don't have a ton like a bullet would due to being cylinders."

That is word to word what I said on the matter of piercing damage. So, take your gather up all of your reused arguments on the matter, and throw those pieces of shiterature right out the window and into the dumpster, yeah?

Abstractions, I very, very, very, VERY much doubt Tracer would want weapons that aren't at least comparable to her physical strikes. Why wouldn't she have Harambe or Dwarf just make her better one otherwise?

Except WHEN has Tracer shown that? We don't assume these things.

Actually they kinda are, plotting out where your gonna go and how your gonna move to get there is kinda something you're gonna pick up.

And Genji can't?

I would switch tracer to one of the 9-A+ heroes in the verse, as it changes the 11X AP difference to just under a 3x difference. (9-A+ heroes scale to this, making them 0.23 tons against kabal who's 0.09 tons)

Abstractions. Pal. Your either not reading my posts straight or your just that thick-headed about Tracer's pulse pistols.
Reaper, if I'm not reading your posts straight that's an issue with your communication skills or because your arguments don't make sense, it has nothing to do with me.

"Small as what it shoots are, they'll still have some piercing damage. They just don't have a ton like a bullet would due to being cylinders."
🔍
in fact it's debatable on if they even have much piercing damage at all
Okay then.
So, take your gather up all of your reused arguments on the matter, and throw those pieces of shiterature right out the window and into the dumpster, yeah?
You could have just said yours wanted the company.

Abstractions, I very, very, very, VERY much doubt Tracer would want weapons that aren't at least comparable to her physical strikes. Why wouldn't she have Harambe or Dwarf just make her better one otherwise?
I'm starting to think that you aren't understanding the finer details of the argument and are just waffling on about something else entirely.'

Except WHEN has Tracer shown that? We don't assume these things.
Tracer has shown to be fine with fighting for extended periods of time.

Actually they kinda are, plotting out where your gonna go and how your gonna move to get there is kinda something you're gonna pick up.
You can know where you want to go and plan it while still being able to react, it's not mutually exclusive.

And Genji can't?
Unless you count dash resetting but that's not the same thing. Blinks are also just faster.

"in fact it's debatable on if they even have much piercing damage at all"

Oh me oh my, look at it Abstractions, you misread an argument, like you've been doing for basically this entire thread and it's honestly annoying. I should not have to bold specific words for you to get the point

No, it's more like your arguing that Tracer has a ton of piercing damage, she scales to Soldier, who shoots cylinders. One strike. You then blow me saying they also burn so far out of proportion it hits the moon. Two strikes. Then you argue her Pulse Pistols need either of those things instead of just being AP to deal damage. Three strikes, your out, and so am I if your going to be arguing nonsensical shit.

Storm rising takes like 10 minutes in-game, Alive takes 6, the Cinematic trailer takes an unknown time before 4 and a half and she sat like a full minute out since her Chronal Accelerator turned off for some reason. Yes, she does do these without tiring at least until she gets hurt for Alive, which she won't be doing here since any hit from Kabal wins him the fight instantly

Then why pray tell does she come out of blinks at all? Can't argue overuse cause the Doom fight exists. Even if her reactions were increased it would actually make her seem dumber, why didn't she just blitz the **** out of Widow and riddle her with cylinders?

So you are arguing game mechanics, good lord...

Oh me oh my, look at it Abstractions, you misread an argument, like you've been doing for basically this entire thread and it's honestly annoying.
You wouldn't have brought it up at all if you thought they couldn't pierce Kabal, I'm telling you that they can.

No, it's more like your arguing that Tracer has a ton of piercing damage, she scales to Soldier, who shoots cylinders. One strike.
The both use Pulse ammunition.
You then blow me saying they also burn so far out of proportion it hits the moon. Two strikes.
A hypothetical based on your lack of acceptance on the matter of them having "much" piercing. The only one blowing things out of proportion is you, and you have a habit of doing this every single time someone argues with you.

Then you argue her Pulse Pistols need either of those things instead of just being AP to deal damage. Three strikes
You say this without understanding a single thing.

your out, and so am I if your going to be arguing nonsensical shit.
Irony.

Storm rising takes like 10 minutes in-game, Alive takes 6, the Cinematic trailer takes an unknown time before 4 and a half and she sat like a full minute out since her Chronal Accelerator turned off for some reason. Yes, she does do these without tiring at least until she gets hurt for Alive, which she won't be doing here since any hit from Kabal wins him the fight instantly
If he doesn't instant kill her she recalls.

So you are arguing game mechanics, good lord.
Reaper, oh my god, you're the one who asked.

You wouldn't have brought it up at all if you thought they couldn't pierce Kabal, I'm telling you that they can.

The both use Pulse ammunition.

A hypothetical based on your lack of acceptance on the matter of them having "much" piercing. The only one blowing things out of proportion is you, and you have a habit of doing this every single time someone argues with you.

You say this without understanding a single thing.

Irony.

If he doesn't instant kill her she recalls.

Reaper, oh my god, you're the one who asked.
Because you act like they're actual bullets Abstractions, they aren't going to pierce like one, in fact, since you seem blissfully unaware, we never see the shape of what Tracer shoots, we see the shape of what Soldier shoots, which is a clear as the sunrise itself cylinder! A Cylinder only would have piercing damage if it's small enough and moving fast, as it is here, but acting like it'll be a bullet and just blow through Kabal isn't what will happen with an over 11x difference, because let me put it this way: A cylinder has less piercing damage then a finger.

It's an over 11x difference, I think Tracer will be instantly killed or at least lose her Chronal Accelerator.

I asked because I was wondering if there was an actual in-canon explanation for what you were saying.

Because you act like they're actual bullets Abstractions, they aren't going to pierce like one, in fact, since you seem blissfully unaware, we never see the shape of what Tracer shoots, we see the shape of what Soldier shoots, which is a clear as the sunrise itself cylinder!
They both pulse ammunition, she just recalls her ammo which is why it's reliant on the Chronal Accelerator.

A Cylinder only would have piercing damage if it's small enough and moving fast, as it is here, but acting like it'll be a bullet and just blow through Kabal isn't what will happen with an over 11x difference
I seriously don't think you're understanding that an 11x difference doesn't equate to nulling piercing damage on the human skin, they don't have to be literally bullets for him to not be "bulletproof", and we generally accept that most 9-C guns can pierce 9-B targets and the gap there can be much larger. Stop getting hung up on the wording.

It's an over 11x difference, I think Tracer will be instantly killed or at least lose her Chronal Accelerator.
If he destroys the Accelerator it'll be an incap, but if he physically doesn't instantly kill her or knock her out she can recall.

I asked because I was wondering if there was an actual in-canon explanation for what you were saying.
Him not doing it in lore and her actually doing it.

R.fd294729b1dca6573c1862292df71af8

Here we see the shapes of several bullets, yet only one is flat, why? Because a flat point or meplat, crushes & tears tissue, creates a larger non sealing hole thru the target. More damage, bigger hole, and greater blood loss. Flat points are generally ineffective against targets that are metal and such, but can still do a ton of internal damage to a robot due to the energy produced vibrating in their internals. In other words: Tracer and Solider's guns fire what's essentially these kinds of bullets, but that's just the thing, they have the most KE but the worst piercing damage out of Bullets that are of the general same size.

If you actually read that, you'd understand why I have doubts about Tracer's pistols being capable of dealing a ton of damage to Kabal unless they like, hit his mask which Kabal would apsolutely be avoiding since Tracer doesn't attack while speed amped

Kabal doesn't exactly hold back and he'll be going for center mass and Chrona Accelerator with the knowledge of it just as Tracer would likely be going for the face against someone she knows will one-shot the happy holidays out of her.

That's all you had to say.

Back