• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Just a dragon ball question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone just told me on YouTube that the world of void in dragon ball is eternal and not infinite is it true?

Eternal/Eternity is the measurement of time, not distance.
That's an aspect, however it can also be interpreted as distance.

"tiresomely long; seemingly without end"

Long: "measuring a great distance from end to end"

Plus unless the whole statement is a mistranslation, Beerus mentions that there isn't time, which would make more sense to be infinte in volume kind of way.

I'm not saying there isnt time but it would strange to contradict himself mid sentence.

That's an aspect, however it can also be interpreted as distance.

Long: "measuring a great distance from end to end"

Plus unless the whole statement is a mistranslation, Beerus mentions that there isn't time, which would make more sense to infinte in volume kind of way.

I'm not saying there isnt time but it would strange to contradict himself mid sentence.
You're link still references eternity as time.

And yes I'm also waiting to see the scan of what i stated in the OP.

You're link still references eternity as time.

And yes I'm also waiting to see the scan of what i stated in the OP.
Yes cause that's apart of the meaning of eternal, I was just pointing out that it can be interpreted as infinte distance as I quoted in my last message. Most words can be interpreted in many ways.

This is also referencing time but I get your point.
The problem is that it can be interpreted in different ways. As I showed, the way it is described with the definitions can also lead to an infinite distance interpretation.

It doesn't what size it is, nothingness is still nothingness.
Actually thinking about it, since he is interacting with non existence. Wouldn't that give him non physical interaction of that type?

The problem is that it can be interpreted in different ways. As I showed, the way it is described with the definitions can also lead to an infinite distance interpretation.
You're link never said anything about infinite distance. It only defined it and gave examples of what they meant.
It doesn't what size it is, nothingness is still nothingness.
My question isn't this in the OP.

You're link never said anything about infinite distance. It only defined it and gave examples of what they meant.

Long can mean: "measuring a great distance from end to end"

"Used since Middle English both of things or conditions without beginning or end"

They also described it as endless on the page.

This word with semantics can come to this conclusion, easily. I'm not saying this interpretation is the only one as it does mean forever lasting through time, as well. However it can be synonymous with what I was talking about.

Last edited:
tiresomely long; seemingly without end;

The examples given under it are in the sense they meant measurement of time not distance.
Examples they give dosen't mean those are the only ones that are possible. Their synonyms also lead to infinte, like what I was saying

Anyways I found the thread that said it was eternal

The word they described put in Google translate does indeed translate to eternal or forever. It's possible that the infinte in the original translation could mean through time. However that would be strange due to them mentioning there not being time in the same sentence.

Their synonyms also lead to infinte, like what I was saying
I never said otherwise, synonymous don't make words mean the same thing. E.g infinite and countless/innumerable are synonymous but are different in meaning.

So jiren only shook the TOP?

The complete sentence is
"A world without time and space, filled with only eternity and nothingness"
So eternity being a measurement of time here makes absolutely no sense

A world full of eternity and emptiness with no time or space 🤔
So, it's an eternal void or a void that can exist forever without time or space in it.

Makes sense I guess, A void without time should obviously exist forever right?

I never said otherwise, synonymous don't make words mean the same thing. E.g infinite and countless/innumerable are synonymous but are different in meaning.

So jiren only shook the TOP?
However alot of synonymous words can overlap. Most words in general have a plethora of meanings and can be used in many ways. Just a few comments ago I linked definitions for eternal to connecting to a infinte distance interpretation.

Well technically if he did indeed "shake" nothingness, would he not have non physical interaction?

The complete sentence is
"A world without time and space, filled with only eternity and nothingness"
So eternity being a measurement of time here makes absolutely no sense
Yeah, it's more likely they choose infinte to portray a more clear message imo. It's hard to tell what that word in Japanese connects to since we can't speak it though.

A world full of eternity and emptiness with no time or space 🤔
So, it's an eternal void or a void that can exist forever without time or space in it.

Makes sense I guess, A void without time should obviously exist forever right?
It's gets complicated due to them saying theres not time. Forever in the time sense, would be a precarious statment to put there. Dragonball is wack sometimes though 💀.

eternal to connecting to a infinte distance interpretation.
Nothing stated eternal = infinite distance it's only referring to time. Even the link you sent explained eternity = time.
Well technically if he did indeed "shake" nothingness, would he not have non physical interaction?
I don't know, make a thread.
It's gets complicated due to them saying theres not time. Forever in the time sense, would be a precarious statment to put there. Dragonball is wack sometimes though 💀.
It seems to make sense to me, verses with characters who exists outside of time or the characters who exists outside of time are normally shown to have immorality type 1 on this wiki.

Nothing stated eternal = infinite distance it's only referring to time. Even the link you sent explained eternity = time.
I connected

Long: "measuring a great distance from end to end" this is just from google

Like I said it's not hard to connect definitions to get a different interpretations. That's why words can have so many meanings.
It seems to make sense to me, verses with characters who exists outside of time or the characters who exists outside of time are normally shown to have immorality type 1 on this wiki.
I personally find the infinte amount of nothingness to make more sense. As the sentence translated contradicts itself if we use eternal or forever as a measurement of time. However, there's likely information were missing out on since we don't know japanese. Someone like that could give us much more insight than what we can really understand.

Now it seems you don't understand me or I'm talking to a brick wall. Since I've seen what I wanted then that's that.

A timeless place being filled with eternity is basically a timeless place filled with time you see how the sentence contradicts itself

I mean "without space nor time " means that's it's empty and nothing happened in this void, no time = can technically mean no history or events that happened to the past, no space means there is space but nothing is inside it, just empty
But that's just my two cents to make this shit make sense

"without space and time" here is more flowery or not quite literal
Dragon ball has a penchant for using these words, for example Afterlife is declared by Goku to be "Time does not exist" because it can use Ssj3 forever, although this is stamina consuming where time is available (mortal Universe)
For WoV, "no spacetime" is also synonymous with "Eternal Nothingness" in the raw version, with "Nothingness/Emptiness" = "without space" and "Eternal" = "without time", although this is quite inconsistent with the Stamina cases in the arc (and Grand Priest's statement)

Last edited:
"without space and time" here is more flowery or not quite literal
Dragon ball has a penchant for using these words, for example Afterlife is declared by Goku to be "Time does not exist" because it can use Ssj3 forever, although this is stamina consuming where time is available (mortal Universe)
"A world without time and space, filled with only eternity and emptiness" and "In this world, where time exists, it uses too much energy, and you get completely exhausted all at once…" are pretty explicit. Also, he is never stated or suggested to be able to use Super Saiyan 3 indefinitely in the Afterlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back