• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Then he can just use a ki projectile on him.

If Aura equalizes to stands, Ken hits star Platnium, if it doesn't, he hits Jotaro.

Jotaro reacts and stops time. Also I think you mean on Jotaro, not on Ken.

It dosn't. And Jotaro is far enough away to probably be able to stop time in time.

What says he even sees anything flying at him, though, if it doesn't?

Why would he immediately stop time when someone points at him?

Okay, this fight is a little difficult, but having a fair amount of knowledge for both Hokuto no Ken and Eyes of Heaven, I'll provide as many points as I can:

-I personally believe that Kenshiro can at least sense SP. In multiple descriptions of Stands, it is stated that they are a representation of the user's fighting spirit, which is basically ki. Whenever JoJo Stand Users summon their Stand, they are surrounded by an aura. Hell, Jotaro FLEW using his, exactly like how Dragon Ball characters use their ki to fly. Now, Kenshiro fights by relying on sensing his opponent's ki several times in Hokuto, even having his ki clash with opponents like Raoh. Now, do I think that will allow Kenshiro to touch SP? No, not at all. However, I think, at minimun, that he should at least be able to know that SP is there.

-If the speed is equalized, that doesn't mean that their reactions are equalized, so even if Kenshiro gets past SP, even making him disappear with Soryu Tenra, Kenshiro can't touch him, but Jotaro can't hurt Kenshiro at all with just his fists.

-Star Platinum Over Heaven and his ability to change reality by punching it was a last minute ass pull in the story of EoH similar to what happened with time stop in Stardust and the only reason it is used is to justify being able to hit Dio in the final boss battle. Plus, you can play as Jolyne in that fight and beat the shit out of HA Dio with Stone Free, who definitely can't pull the "same type of Stand" bull. So yeah, in character, Jotaro uses the reality-warping thing once, to block a punch from The World OH in a cutsene.

-I don't remember Dio healing himself in the game with TWOH, so I don't think Jotaro can do the same thing, so if Kenshiro manages to hit him, I don't think he can stop the damage from happening.

-When Kenshiro goes intangible, normal ki can't touch him. Only one specific "evil ki" from Kaioh could negate it, but that was really plot convenience. Point being, based on my earlier argument, SP shouldn't be able to touch Kenshiro once he goes intangible.

In conclusion, I think this fight can go one of three ways:

1. Kenshiro gets slaughtered by Star Platinum. SP is much faster than him and even though he's only at 8-C punches, getting hit by that much force millions of times in a row is bound to do something.

2. Kenshiro's precog warns him to go intangible, but Jotaro reacts too fast for him to hit. Inconclusive.

3. Kenshiro activates Soryu Tenra and Jotaro loses the ability to summon SP. Kenshiro can't hit Jotaro, but Jotaro can't hurt Kenshiro. Inconclusive.

It all depends on the starting distance, really.

@DMUA I've seen debates here where the speed as equalized but reactions were what determined it as normal speed and reaction speed are two different things. If that's wrong and saying "speed equalized" means reactions are equal too, then I will retract my statement

@Huesito I don't know, I've seen a calculation page here that have shown that SP only needs to do a punch barrage for about a second to reach Kenshiro's durability. I know that Dio or Jotaro can't time-stop and accumulate damage all at once, but that's not the case here.

Ima missing something here?

Can somebody explain why Jotaro could not just simply time stop,hit Kenshiro once,realizes that his a brick wall and then use reality warp to erase him from existence.

Ken doesnt have resistence to time stop and its a NLF to say that his precog lets him see himself in stopped time,plus he doesnt start with musou tensei or soryu tenra in character.

My vote is on jojo.

Also @Sorvoe551

I'm guessing you forgot about the ending scene where Jotaro uses reality overwrite, to restore all the universes? Also Dio has been shown to heal himself with TWOH multiple times. Heres one instance of it. https://youtu.be/T85AalcPOks?t=132

In that timestamp after Jotaro punches him, he simply laughs off the wound, and it goes away. Jotaro going "Nani" shows that this isn't normal as he fought Dio before, and the last time he punched him in the head like that he couldn't even stand, and head to drag himself to grap onto a car. That's enough justification to show that Dio healed himself with Reality Overwrite.

This is a complete stomp in favor of Jotaro.

@Axl Jotaro never used existence erasure in combat. If he did, he would have erased Dio instead of beating the shit out of him. Also, as I've mentioned before, gaining the reality-altering power was an ass pull like the time stop in Stardust because they had written themselves into a corner. Also, Jolyne is involved in the final battle and can hurt Dio, but there's no such thing as Stone Free Over Heaven

How about literally the entire game?

He doesn't immediately timestop everyone he comes across at any point. He only kinda does that in DIU years later, and this isn't Jotaro at that point in time.

Said thing was after Koichi was grabbed and about to be hit, with Jotaro having no other real options to get him out of harm's way without some stopped time

Here, he squaring off against one guy who isn't about to punch any short people in the face.

He wasn't grabbed, The hand used his spacial manipulation. Also Jotaro very well could have just blocked the attack.

Sorvoe551 said:
@Huesito I don't know, I've seen a calculation page here that have shown that SP only needs to do a punch barrage for about a second to reach Kenshiro's durability. I know that Dio or Jotaro can't time-stop and accumulate damage all at once, but that's not the case here.
Me too, that was a old thread, it was rejected because chip damage is not a thing with a tier gap this big.

Theres actual evidence of accumalative damage in Jojo. It was demonstarted in Mista's fight against the guy that can affix things to air. He froze a bullet in place, and kept tapping on it, building force as he continued to do so.

Araki not only specifically says at much, but the force gets applied to stuff in timestop before it ends, IE, the cat being splatted as time was stopped, Kakyoin, generally that kind of idea.

One of his interviews. Can't find it unfortunately, but way back in the day there was a thread about it.

@Aogirl Read this page here for the site's reasoning behind no accumulation. Also, Mista and Sex Pistols works differently that Star Platinum, so that damage accumulation is different from what we are discussing here.

I have still literally seen no justification why ranged Ki attacks can't hurt Star Platinum, especially when Kenshiro is supposed to be equal to his relative Kasumi who could hurt a spirit without issue.

Not even ranged Ki attacks, just any attacks that taps Star Platinum.

Jotaro wouldn't time stop at first sight, maybe when battle get at it's prime, then maybe, but it has a big chance that at the prime of the battle that Kenshiro uses Muso Tensei, and i'm still asking myself if Star Platinum can or not hurt intangible beings..

It can hurt other stands, but it can't hurt Muso Tensei, which is a state of nothingness.

How do you use Existence (IE: Being a thing that exists) Erasure on literal nothing

Back