• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jotaro vs Kenshiro

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we assume each and every punch for Raoh does the same damage as his Goten Sho during his 1000k punch rush he can dish out 190000000 tons of tnt.

Now Star Platinum can deal the same amount of damage for his punch rush and can throw exactly 68306250000 punches in just a single second. After the punch rush he can dish out 65710612500000 tons of tnt worth of damage. I think it's safe to say Kenshiro gets turned into red mist before Star Platinum finishes that one second worth of ORA ORA.

Kenshiro may be able to tank a thousand punches from Star Platinum, but I doubt he is tanking 68 billion of them thrown in a second.

BerialEdge said:
Mind if I ask where the 68 billion punches a second number comes from?
When we had previously accepted time stop damage this calc was used. And the calcer used Star Platinum's MFTL speed to get a number for how many punches it could pull of within a single second. The amount shown was 68 billion.

Is there any official source backing the statement that Star Platinum can punch over 1000 times in one second? I know plenty of sites have stated this but I have yet to find an actual source from Araki that supports this. The only thing Araki has stated is that SP is FTL. That's it, nothing about the number of punches it can dish out.

So this fight has turned into the battle of the guy with the obviously better feats vs assumptions, benefit of doubt, and questionable calcs guy. Fun stuff.

D180 said:
Is there any official source backing the statement that Star Platinum can punch over 1000 times in one second? I know plenty of sites have stated this but I have yet to find an actual source from Araki that supports this. The only thing Araki has stated is that SP is FTL. That's it, nothing about the number of punches it can dish out.

If a stand is MFTL it obviously can throw punches at this speed too. No assumptions are needed to know this. Same with why a Hypersonic person (Kenshiro) can throw thousands in a second.

BerialEdge said:
So this fight has turned into the battle of the guy with the obviously better feats vs assumptions, benefit of doubt, and questionable calcs guy. Fun stuff.
Off topic, but yes. I mean if we are going to have a one sided fight, what's the point in starting this thread? We could have skipped this and went straight to the victories. Anyway, have we looked at battle experience and their intellegence yet? I doubt Jotaro would just take a hit from Kenshiro for no reason. Given his fights from a range of 'bizarre characters, I would say he would use his speed to avoid Kenshiro and try to find a way to beat him, the same way as most of his fights from the series.

Kenshiro has a large advantage in battle experience. I would say that Kenshiro is probably more intelligent when it comes to fighting but there probably isn't much I could do to prove that at this time.

Sir Ovens said:
BerialEdge said:
Off topic, but yes. I mean if we are going to have a one sided fight, what's the point in starting this thread? We could have skipped this and went straight to the victories. Anyway, have we looked at battle experience and their intellegence yet? I doubt Jotaro would just take a hit from Kenshiro for no reason. Given his fights from a range of 'bizarre characters, I would say he would use his speed to avoid Kenshiro and try to find a way to beat him, the same way as most of his fights from the series.
That's provided Jotaro can kill him before Kenshiro gets serious and uses his Ki attacks or Musou Tensei.

Kenshiro is going to get blitzed until he is a red mist, He is fighting someone who is millions of times faster than he is. It's not helping that this stand can stop time for 5 seconds.

D180 said:
I'm sorry but I'm not buying billions of punches in seconds from you for obvious reasons.

You're denying that a stand which can move at MFTL speeds via calcs and even WoG is unable to punch at MFTL speeds.

D180 said:
I'm sorry but I'm not buying billions of punches in seconds from you for obvious reasons.
Neither do I, but I believe if we do the math, MFTL punches in stopped time would still be in around the millions mark.

There is still the matter of fact that Jotaro has FTL reactions and his Stand is still MFTL+, Kenshiro can't hit him regardless of Ki attacks or Musou Tensei. It doesn't matter if you don't believe in billions of punches in a second, the matter of fact is that Jotaro is leagues faster than what Kenshiro can react to or handle.

This fight would basically be Jotaro just repeatedly knocking Kenshiro down over and over. Even if say Kenshiro uses Musou Tensei and becomes intangible so he can go around Jotaro; SP and Jotaro can still react to that.

Well now I'm leaning more towards inconclusive. As with Seiya vs HAD, one has the potential to kill the other, but the other is much too fast for him to touch.

Sir Ovens said:
Well now I'm leaning more towards inconclusive. As with Seiya vs HAD, one has the potential to kill the other, but the other is much too fast for him to touch.
Star Platinum can definately blitz Kenshiro until he is red mist. Outside and inside of time stop.

Derpurple said:
There is still the matter of fact that Jotaro has FTL reactions and his Stand is still MFTL+, Kenshiro can't hit him regardless of Ki attacks or Musou Tensei. It doesn't matter if you don't believe in billions of punches in a second, the matter of fact is that Jotaro is leagues faster than what Kenshiro can react to or handle.
Jotaro was nearly killed after being knocked by a truck and a random fan blade. His stand may be FTL but he certainly isn't. He may be able to perceive FTL speeds with SP but his body certainly can't keep up. There is nothing SP can do when Kenshiro uses his Ki barriers or Musou Tensei.

ImagoDesattrolante said:
Also Jotaro is blatantly FTL by himself, I have no idea why you're downplaying him like that
I'm not downplaying him. The feats speak for themselves.

Its a fact that he wasn't fast enough to react to a colliding trunk that nearly killed him and his friends. Its a fact that he wasn't fast enough to react to a fan hitting him from behind.

Jotaro being unable to deflect a few knives despite being able to punch billions of times a second must be PIS as well then. But then again they were thrown by DIO so clearly FTL Knives > Billions of punches.

ImagoDesattrolante said:
You're acting as if it isn't fictional in a universe where very weird things exist.
The calcs and high balls I have seen on this thread is weirder than what I have seen in the entire series.

D180 said:
ImagoDesattrolante said:
You're acting as if it isn't fictional in a universe where very weird things exist.
The calcs and high balls I have seen on this thread is weirder than what I have seen in the entire series.
Only you and the other guy think those calcs are weird, everyone else inc NF is fine with them it even got put on the OBD energy comprehensive scale. Let's talk about the actual fight now.

The downplay I've seen in this thread is weirder than anything in Jojo tbh

As a JoJo Fan,,no. At best there's no way Jotaro could punch SP could punch billions of times a second

Being a fan doesn't really matter.

It's been calced that way. You cannot use incredulity here.

Malcolm Neill said:
As a JoJo Fan,,no. At best there's no way SP could punch billions of times a second
Again, mftl movement means SP can punch at mftl speeds. They happen to be billions of times a second.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
D180 said:
ImagoDesattrolante said:
Only you and the other guy think those calcs are weird, everyone else inc NF is fine with them it even got put on the OBD energy comprehensive scale. Let's talk about the actual fight now.
The punching strength is one thing (its iffy but I'll take it) but punching billions of times per second is another altogether.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Malcolm Neill said:
As a JoJo Fan,,no. At best there's no way SP could punch billions of times a second
Again, mftl movement means SP can punch at mftl speeds. They happen to be billions of times a second.
Usain Bolt can run 1.243 m/s but that does not mean he can punch 1242 times per second. The logic isn't right at all.

I'm guessing Jonathan Joestar can punch a million times per second with Sunlight Yellow Overdrive then since he has FTL reaction speeds. Young Joseph Joestar too then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back