• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baken384

He/Him
Joseph Joestar (Pre-Training) VS Iron Man (Mark 46)
  • Speed Equalized
  • Starting Distance: 20 Meters
  • Location is at the same airport where Team Cap and Team Iron Man fought in Civil War
Unit_Joseph_Joestar_28Before_the_action29.png
250.png

Joseph Joestar:
Iron Man:
Incon:

Voting Joseph: he will find a way to outsmart Iron Man and hit him with the Hamon, and Metal is a good conductor for Hamon

Joseph should be 0,40 tons, Iron man i think he should be superior to 0,54 tons but i don't find the calc anywhere i will ask Bleach

If Iron Man has the AP advantage I think he takes it, in the end Joseph's trickery is limited to what's possible to him and sneaking some hamon charge to his enemy becomes way harder when the enemy is flying far above any possible grounds for transmitting it- Joseph can throw stuff but that's still pretty limited compared to his usual bag of tricks, while Iron Man can blast him down with a much bigger variety of attacks while having superior mobility.

Joseph should be 0,40 tons, Iron man i think he should be superior to 0,54 tons but i don't find the calc anywhere i will ask Bleach
I actually don't know to what the current value the MCU 8-Cs are Scaling to right now but Mark 46 Iron Man has an "At Least" to his 8-C so there's that I guess.

Ehhhhhhhhh I dunno, how's the AP looking
The two have the same AP at .71 tons which is surprising to me which the number comes from here scaling from Tarkus and Iron man's value given of 3 gigajoules which converts to well .71 tons
Need skill and AP analysis I'm following this thread for now.
Iron Man probably has more combat experience due to being an experienced hero, Joseph might be smarter which is seen in his fight with Santana and Wammuu as well as his knowledge in reading people but that would require a bit of fighting. I feel like joseph would get screwed over by the clamps the armor has due to their high LS compared to Joseph's I was thinking he could disable them with Hamon but that was just hermit purple I was thinking about

I feel like joseph would get screwed over by the clamps the armor has due to their high LS compared to Joseph's I was thinking he could disable them with Hamon but that was just hermit purple I was thinking about
i don't think it would be a good idea, if Iron Man would decide to grapple Joseph, he would use the Hamon and thanks to the fact that Metal is a good conductor of it, defeat Iron Man

also out of the debate, has Joseph ever demonstrated a liftting strengh feat?

I think Iron Man would prefer using range against an enemy like Joseph

i don't think it would be a good idea, if Iron Man would decide to grapple Joseph, he would use the Hamon and thanks to the fact that Metal is a good conductor of it, defeat Iron Man
Uh what? How is Joseph supposed to conduct Hamon to Iron Man with the restraining clamps when they're not connected to Iron Man?

also out of the debate, has Joseph ever demonstrated a liftting strengh feat?
He has demonstrated them? Yes
it's just that they are not that impressive to move his LS tier for example:
1-Joseph was able to break the grip of vampires 2-can lift his body with one hand. 3-Was able to shatter 2 trained soldiers with ease.
Joseph is probably comparable to Santana

I'm of the opinion that if Joseph has a win condition then he's always going to come up with a plan to win
I'm not voting for now though, just following

To do that he needs to analyze Tony's personality well enough to figure out what makes him tick, then come up with an actual plan which is dramatically restricted by Iron Man's flight, who can instead just spam ranged attacks which is much more reliable. But do feel free to tell me what plan you think he might come up with.

To do that he needs to analyze Tony's personality well enough to figure out what makes him tick, then come up with an actual plan which is dramatically restricted by Iron Man's flight, who can instead just spam ranged attacks which is much more reliable. But do feel free to tell me what plan you think he might come up with.
well hamon can be used to make ranged weapons easily
he can literally beat him just with a couple spaghetti noodles

well hamon can be used to make ranged weapons easily
he can literally beat him just with a couple spaghetti noodles
Ok, so he has ranged weapons, guess who else has a much bigger variety of ranged weapons coupled with superior mobility?

Ok, so he has ranged weapons, guess who else has a much bigger variety of ranged weapons coupled with superior mobility?
Joseph just needs to touch him once with hamon and it's a win
and I think you're underestimating Joseph's intelligence and a bunch of ways he can win here:
magnetism because iron man is and iron man
somewhat regeneration
durability negation cause of the fact that tony himself is 9-C
analytical prediction and info analysis
and speaking of that actually
To do that he needs to analyze Tony's personality well enough to figure out what makes him tick, then come up with an actual plan
you mean he actually has to do the thing he does in literally every fight?

Joseph just needs to touch him once with hamon and it's a win
Yeah, luckily for Iron Man he has very limited ranged options, all of which he can easily shoot down.
and I think you're underestimating Joseph's intelligence and a bunch of ways he can win here:
I am not underestimating anything, but Joseph can't reality warp a plan into existence when almost all of his ways to actually affect Iron Man in any way are all very predictable and reactable. Iron Man who let us not forget is not only far from a dumbass himself but has a much less extreme and exploitable personality than any of the people Joseph fights.
magnetism because iron man is and iron man
How does Hamon magnetism even work
somewhat regeneration
not really
durability negation cause of the fact that tony himself is 9-C
you said this already
analytical prediction and info analysis
analyze all you want, Tony needs to shift his palm by one degree to be aiming at Joseph again, while all of Joseph's movements would be perfectly visible to him.
you mean he actually has to do the thing he does in literally every fight?
Yes, except that flight screw up like 90% of Joseph's possible strategies and Iron Man has access to a wide variety of means to take Joseph down almost instantly.

before I talk about the things that you said
how is the speed equalization gonna work in this match, with the lasers and stuff?

The lasers would be instantaneous by both fighters' perspective.

oh well that's pretty bad
but the lasers can be aim dodged, right? they do give some sort of signals that they are charging up/being fired

They last several seconds so even if you aimdodge them Iron Man can just shift his hand a little bit and hit you anyway. Iirc there isn't much telegraphing to them though

well that's probably pretty important then, iron man does seem to have the advantage here
although is the AP gap enough for a one shot?

Back