• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Joseph Joestar VS Kat (Gravity Rush) (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know anything about Joseph.

Kat starting move depends on the range, SBA starts characters at the highest range of the character. Kat's range is Hundreds of meters, I don't know if Joseph has better range but at the least Kat will start with her ranged attacks. Picking up objects and throwing them at him while she "flies" around.

I have really know idea how this helps or maybe won't help her, as I know nothing about this character. And his profile isn't very user friendly for people who don't know him

I don't know anything about Joseph.

Kat starting move depends on the range, SBA starts characters at the highest range of the character. Kat's range is Hundreds of meters, I don't know if Joseph has better range but at the least Kat will start with her ranged attacks. Picking up objects and throwing them at him while she "flies" around.

I have really know idea how this helps or maybe won't help her, as I know nothing about this character. And his profile isn't very user friendly for people who don't know him
Thanks Rusty, now the knowledgeble people about Joseph can make their arguments

if she flies it makes it annoying for joseph, but he technically still has the option of just charging things with hamon and throwing them, or just use a hamon tommy gun or some shit, or clacker boomerangs. I know absolutely nothing about kat or the verse so I'll be following the thread for some times

there somehting that need to be said,

first her flight has a time limit and she can't fly forever, when its over she need to recharge for some seconds

and most importantly Kat can be easily tdeceived/tricked, wich is Joseph greatest advantage

I'm not 100% sure about that, as I believe the Gravity Shift limit might be game mechanics. As Raven is shown to keep her shift state on for a prolonged period of time during her fight with Kat down the World Tree. In fact I think she's always shifting/flying in all of her fights with Kat, though I'm not fully certain on that

If Kat does have a limit, it's longer than limit used in gameplay. I'd like to see what DontTalk thinks about it. Is this just gameplay, or is there actual showing of them running out of shifting time as I cannot recall myself.

Kat isn't what I'd call very smart, not dumb, but she's pretty naive.

She's also been deceived by multiple people in the past.

if she flies it makes it annoying for joseph, but he technically still has the option of just charging things with hamon and throwing them, or just use a hamon tommy gun or some shit, or clacker boomerangs. I know absolutely nothing about kat or the verse so I'll be following the thread for some times
Kat can reflect projectiles.

It's also not just an issue of flying herself. She manipulates gravity and by that just pull people hundreds of meters into the air. That makes Joseph a sitting duck, since he can't manoeuvre at all.

there somehting that need to be said,

first her flight has a time limit and she can't fly forever, when its over she need to recharge for some seconds
I'm fairly certain that's just game mechanics. IIRC Raven never needs to land in her bossfights and Kat is more than equal to her.

Overture also shows that she can fly without even entering shifter mode... and that she can fly great distances without crystals, which quite possible don't exist outside gameplay either. Well, don't exist as collectables. As fuel and currency, they probably do.

Although even with game mechanics she can fly forever using talismans.

Last edited:
How likely is she from being outsmarted by Joseph and touching Hamon?
Very HIGH, she is not dumb, but she is Naive and has been deceived by multiple people in the past
Kat can reflect projectiles.

It's also not just an issue of flying herself. She manipulates gravity and by that just pull people hundreds of meters into the air. That makes Joseph a sitting duck, since he can't manoeuvre at all.

I'm fairly certain that's just game mechanics. IIRC Raven never needs to land in her bossfights and Kat is more than equal to her.

Overture also shows that she can fly without even entering shifter mode... and that she can fly great distances without crystals, which quite possible don't exist outside gameplay either. Well, don't exist as collectables. As fuel and currency, they probably do.

Although even with game mechanics she can fly forever using talismans.
thanks for the clarification DT

Last edited:
It should be said that she can also be clever at times, like when she deduced that lightning always strikes the highest points or when she used wine bottles to make invisible enemies visible.

If we're suggesting her getting tricked, I would want to hear a concrete plan how and to which effect. SBA doesn't make it very easy, as she knows who the opponent is and has a fighting mindset against them. I.e. he probably can't talk her into not trying to fight him.

When I say "know" then I mean "is able to identify". As in, Kat knows how Joseph looks like.
But yeah, Joseph would also know what Kat looks like.

wait maybe there is a thing Joseph can do, he could control a pigeon thanks to Hamon, using himself as a bait and when Kat thinks she won, the pigeon will hit her and Joseph will finish her with Hamon

What do you mean by "there is a thing he can do"? He can beat her with tons of Hamon techniques and creative ways to use them. She basically gets outsmarted here.

What do you mean by "there is a thing he can do"? He can beat her with tons of Hamon techniques and creative ways to use them. She basically gets outsmarted here.
can i count your vote?

What's stopping Joseph from just running away, and then proceeding to rig up an environment with traps and lure her, really shouldn't be hard to do given she's apparently naive and if she ***** off into the air out of range that just makes him ******* off less difficult.

Strategic retreat is well within Joseph's game plan, hell given SBA is Manhattan, what's stopping Joseph from moving the fight to a more limiting environment like inside a building? Unless we assume Kat is gonna opt to bring down whole buildings before entering it.

If we're suggesting her getting tricked, I would want to hear a concrete plan how and to which effect.
**** if I know, how did Joseph do half the shit he did? He just kinda goes "oh yeah lol I just strapped two dozen grenades to your back, all rigged to explode the moment you remove that other more obvious grenade I placed on you somehow".

He just kinda do. Where'd he get the grenades? How was he hiding them? How'd he get them on his foe? How'd he rig them all up like that? We don't know, we just know he did. That's not even hyperbole, that straight up happened one time.

We get some insight once in awhile, like him laying a rope trap, he was unraveling and laying string on the ground between spikes while dodging a foe, moving his foe into place while dodging to ensnare them in a hamon rope trap.

Other times it's "yeah he did this lol" or "lol sleight of hand" but to a ridiculous degree, he's one to come into a match with shit rigged and if not, will go out of his way to rig things up, even if just slightly.

Joseph is the king of bullshit, he's literally outsmarted someone's outsmarting of his outsmarting and killed them with a piece of string. He'll even run away or play dead if he thinks it'll get his foes off his ass long enough for him to turn the tables.

What's stopping Joseph from just running away, and then proceeding to rig up an environment with traps and lure her, really shouldn't be hard to do given she's apparently naive and if she ***** off into the air out of range that just makes him ******* off less difficult.

Strategic retreat is well within Joseph's game plan, hell given SBA is Manhattan, what's stopping Joseph from moving the fight to a more limiting environment like inside a building? Unless we assume Kat is gonna opt to bring down whole buildings before entering it.

**** if I know, how did Joseph do half the shit he did? He just kinda goes "oh yeah lol I just strapped two dozen grenades to your back, all rigged to explode the moment you remove that other more obvious grenade I placed on you somehow".

He just kinda do. Where'd he get the grenades? How was he hiding them? How'd he get them on his foe? How'd he rig them all up like that? We don't know, we just know he did. That's not even hyperbole, that straight up happened one time.

We get some insight once in awhile, like him laying a rope trap, he was unraveling and laying string on the ground between spikes while dodging a foe, moving his foe into place while dodging to ensnare them in a hamon rope trap.

Other times it's "yeah he did this lol" or "lol sleight of hand" but to a ridiculous degree, he's one to come into a match with shit rigged and if not, will go out of his way to rig things up, even if just slightly.

Joseph is the king of bullshit, he's literally outsmarted someone's outsmarting of his outsmarting and killed them with a piece of string. He'll even run away or play dead if he thinks it'll get his foes off his ass long enough for him to turn the tables.
can i count it as a vote for Joseph?

Not yet, don't know enough about Kat, I was moreso asking atm.

wait maybe there is a thing Joseph can do, he could control a pigeon thanks to Hamon, using himself as a bait and when Kat thinks she won, the pigeon will hit her and Joseph will finish her with Hamon
Pigeon gets rekt by Dusty lol

The fact that the teleporting gravity manipulator is faster and more agile than him, I would say.

Well, PIS is out during fights, so unless you can suggest an actual strategy that he could think up given the information he has, is able to physically perform and would work on Kat, it really isn't an argument.

As it stands I'm just gonna counter argue that all of that is, in practice, physically impossible for him to pull of against Kat mid fight.

well it'd be a hamon pigeon in this hypothetical scenario so I'm not quite sure that'd be enough
but idk what cat you're talking about so I can't say for sure

The fact that the teleporting gravity manipulator is faster and more agile than him, I would say.

Speed equalized not how it works. His movement is equal to hers, regardless of her special abilities, they move from Point A to Point B at the same speed, if she decides to **** off hundreds of meters away, he's gonna have a few hundred meter head start to lose her or go to where he needs to go. And if speed wasn't equalized, he'd blitz her to hell and back, she isn't faster in this situation, she's on par, and that's to her benefit.

And teleporting? Kinda has to know where he to teleport to him no? In fact, he might be able to use that in his favor. Then again, has she ever used her teleportation in combat before?

Well, PIS is out during fights, so unless you can suggest an actual strategy that he could think up given the information he has, is able to physically perform and would work on Kat, it really isn't an argument.

It isn't PIS lad, it's a integral part of his character, just because we don't get an explanation every time doesn't mean it didn't happen or he can't do it again, that's his whole schtick, sleight of hand to a bullshit degree.

As it stands I'm just gonna counter argue that all of that is, in practice, physically impossible for him to pull of against Kat mid fight.

Unless he does it, not gonna ignore a character's whole schtick, what do you want me from me? To outline a super 400IQ plan that'd he pull off? Kind hard, I ain't 400IQ, all I can say is based on past precedence, he'd probably kill her with a piece of a string or a glass of water, **** if I know. Maybe lure her to a place of his choosing, inside a building filled with hamon infused wire traps that she wouldn't readily notice, she makes contact with one and bam dead, or make use of his equipment like a tommy gun and pump the bullets full of hamon. Or just pretend to die and take her out later on. hell even just ricocheting hamon infused items into her blindspot would be deadly.

Also half of that isn't even impossible, what's so hard to believe that the dude can set up a wire trap mid fight, or playing dead? He's done both before against opponents that would **** him up well beyond what Kat could and Kat ain't omniscient, she won't know if he's dead for real or not, and given Joseph can go as far to halt his breathing and heart rate for a good length of time, wouldn't be hard to fool.

I'd also like to point "There is a time limit for Kat's ability to fly." straight from her weakness, I'm aware that people in this thread have said otherwise but given every time is prefaced with "maybe", "probably", etc, I'm gonna need actual evidence for this because it sounds like not even you know for sure.

1 thing, in this key does Joseph have the Aja stone, or at least at standard equipment?

Not Aja, though he used to. If he had Aja he'd have a a tier 7 **** off lightspeed laserbeam that has enough range to burrow probably a few km into the ground to initiate an eruption, would be kinda unfair.

He has grenades, guns, clackers, and "other weapons", which I'd assume is the other stuff he's used like the warhammer, crossbow, strings, oil, and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back