• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Joseph Joestar VS Kat (Gravity Rush) (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I assume we can all agree that Joseph gets access to a WW2 Nazi warplane right 🌚

Speed equalized not how it works. His movement is equal to hers, regardless of her special abilities, they move from Point A to Point B at the same speed, if she decides to **** off hundreds of meters away, he's gonna have a few hundred meter head start to lose her or go to where he needs to go. And if speed wasn't equalized, he'd blitz her to hell and back, she isn't faster in this situation, she's on par, and that's to her benefit.

And teleporting? Kinda has to know where he to teleport to him no? In fact, he might be able to use that in his favor. Then again, has she ever used her teleportation in combat before?
Yes, she has an entire style focusing on teleporting in combat and that's why I say she's faster. He isn't getting anywhere if she can just teleport over to him before he starts running and afterwards can always pretty much immediately catch up. Due to flight she also can simply fly over any obstacles Joseph needs to run around or climb over, which makes the distance she moves for the same on-ground distance actually shorter than Joseph. So yeah, he definitely isn't just getting distance by running.

And that's assuming he immediately runs against an opponent he knows nothing about.
It isn't PIS lad, it's a integral part of his character, just because we don't get an explanation every time doesn't mean it didn't happen or he can't do it again, that's his whole schtick, sleight of hand to a bullshit degree.
Being an integral part of his character doesn't make it PIS. In any case, if you can't explain how he does it, you can't prove that he can do it under any circumstances different than the one he has done it. Since the circumstances are different in this battle you hence have no argument.

Unless he does it, not gonna ignore a character's whole schtick, what do you want me from me? To outline a super 400IQ plan that'd he pull off? Kind hard, I ain't 400IQ, all I can say is based on past precedence, he'd probably kill her with a piece of a string or a glass of water, **** if I know. Maybe lure her to a place of his choosing, inside a building filled with hamon infused wire traps that she wouldn't readily notice, she makes contact with one and bam dead, or make use of his equipment like a tommy gun and pump the bullets full of hamon. Or just pretend to die and take her out later on. hell even just ricocheting hamon infused items into her blindspot would be deadly.
"He's smart so he will think of something" is just not an argument. For all we know there is no solution with which he wins, in which case he can't come up with it either, regardless of how smart he is.

He has no time to set up wire traps with Kat fighting him. He got no prep. Not sure why you assume that Hamon would just one-shot either.

Projectile attacks just get reflected back at him via vortex field. Vortex field reflects all physical and energy projectiles in 360° around Kat, so ricochets don't matter.

Also half of that isn't even impossible, what's so hard to believe that the dude can set up a wire trap mid fight, or playing dead? He's done both before against opponents that would **** him up well beyond what Kat could and Kat ain't omniscient, she won't know if he's dead for real or not, and given Joseph can go as far to halt his breathing and heart rate for a good length of time, wouldn't be hard to fool.
Wire traps are physically impossible against a teleporting opponent, as he won't be able to get her off his ass.

Playing dead doesn't work well, if your opponent crushes you to death. Or absorbs you into a black hole. You are assuming for some reason that Kat would defeat him in a way that leaves an intact corpse behind, despite her being willing to kill. At with weapons at that, even though her basic use of the stasis field would float any equip he doesn't hold on to away from him.

I'd also like to point "There is a time limit for Kat's ability to fly." straight from her weakness, I'm aware that people in this thread have said otherwise but given every time is prefaced with "maybe", "probably", etc, I'm gonna need actual evidence for this because it sounds like not even you know for sure.
Well, whenever the hell was that put there. Evidence that Raven can fly forever in the bossfights is hard to find since nobody just stalls her out in videos... would have to make a recording myself... difficult. As for her flying without the shifter mode (which is the only mode in which gravity energy runs out) you can see he do so here. There is also a talisman with the effect of "The gravity gauge never goes down".

Anyway, I will make a CRT to remove that.
well it'd be a hamon pigeon in this hypothetical scenario so I'm not quite sure that'd be enough
but idk what cat you're talking about so I can't say for sure
Dusty. Kat's cat-like supernatural entity.

Yes, she has an entire style focusing on teleporting in combat and that's why I say she's faster.

That's not being faster, that's teleporting, that's completely different.

He isn't getting anywhere if she can just teleport over to him before he starts running and afterwards can always pretty much immediately catch up.

Teleporting close to him just puts her in his range, it's a win-win for him, either she doesn't and he makes distance, or she teleports close enough to where "it's an issue" and he can't get away, which should be well within his counter attack range given his weaponry and the like.
And that's assuming she can just teleport him fyi, not seeing anything on the profile that dictates she can teleport to someone she doesn't knw where he is, which wouldn't really be hard for him to slip out of sight in a urban environment like Manhatten, even if she CAN teleport.

Due to flight she also can simply fly over any obstacles Joseph needs to run around or climb over, which makes the distance she moves for the same on-ground distance actually shorter than Joseph. So yeah, he definitely isn't just getting distance by running.

That's unironically a good thing for him, he's gonna be entering buildings, slipping away, etc, she flies overhead, she's gonna lose track of his exact location, she doesn't, she puts herself within his territory, if anything her flying overhead initially is best for him no matter how you slice it, it gives him the small window to slip away, out of sight, into some place, and lose her, only to come back later, teleportation or not, if she's a 100m away and she loses Joseph for even a second, she's gonna be losing him for good.

And that's assuming he immediately runs against an opponent he knows nothing about.

Uh yeah, random chick starts flying out of range, dude's gonna book it and figure out a counter.

Being an integral part of his character doesn't make it PIS. In any case,

Being an integral part of the character and something he does constantly isn't PIS.

if you can't explain how he does it, you can't prove that he can do it under any circumstances different than the one he has done it.

Camn you explain how Doctor Doom or someone makes their tech? No, you can't, you just accept that they did make the tech, and that they can do it. Same here, do I know how or when Joseph rigged it all up? Not really. Did he do it? Yeah. Can he do it again? Yeah. Has he set a precedence and clearly demonstrated time and time again he can do things like that? Yes. I can't explain it because it wasn't explained in story, sometimes his bullshit is explained and when it is you're like "ah ok makes sense", sometimes it isn't explained and you're just like "woah cool how'd he pull that off?", could he have done it? I mean he did so obviously he pulled it off when someone wasn't looking, or while moving around without making it obvious, which he himself chalks up to sleight of hand and parlor tricks, and that's the thing, it isn't hard to prove, he just needs to get Kat in range and bam, he can pull it off via his magic sleight of hand bullshit, and you're awfully hung up on this one example lad, the important thing is the rope tricks or hamon infused stuff, something we flat out know he can do at a drop of a hat, has an explanation, is explained in context, and something he can most definitely do against Kat given the right locale.

Since the circumstances are different in this battle you hence have no argument.

Surprisingly not the different, both took place in Manhatten New york, urban environment. And rope shit can be done literally wherever, he's done it in a spike field, he's done it in plain view using distractive techniques (which is fyi, how he does most of his shit, he just makes it so the opponent is distracted or preoccupied and does stuff right under their nose, Kat is most certainly susceptible to that).

"He's smart so he will think of something" is just not an argument. For all we know there is no solution with which he wins, in which case he can't come up with it either, regardless of how smart he is.

Unironically is a argument, he has the tools, Kat is susceptible to them, he just needs to get her into position, something that should be laughably easy given Kat's characterization and what he's pulled off before, and Kat's powerset low key works against her, imagine teleporting close to a dude who with a flick of the wrist can net you in a lethal wire trap.

He has no time to set up wire traps with Kat fighting him. He got no prep. Not sure why you assume that Hamon would just one-shot either.

He's unironically done exactly that mid-fight against someone who KNEW he was setting up the string trap, in which Joseph was like "ha got ya, I knew you knew I was setting that up, so I set up another one while setting up that one which goes off the moment you destroy the first trap, ensnaring you and frying you".
He can easily set up traps while moving around, he's done so many times, in fact almost everything he does in the midst of a fight against foes that would ragdoll his ass and kill him if he lets up for even a moment, he's just good at multitasking and doing it while moving around under the guide of dodging, avoiding, or fleeing.

Projectile attacks just get reflected back at him via vortex field. Vortex field reflects all physical and energy projectiles in 360° around Kat, so ricochets don't matter

And can they stop the Hamon charge? Hamon can bypass obstacles and be passed through defenses, like through walls, organisms, metal, liquids, and so on, Hamon has a special property of being able to pass through defenses like that, if it stops the projectile, could it stop the Hamon as well? That I'm not so sure, and that's what matters.

Wire traps are physically impossible against a teleporting opponent, as he won't be able to get her off his ass.

Except they're not? The moment she touches them she's getting fried, she teleports? Not inherently useful if she just teleports into another wire. Off his ass? He doesn't even need her off his ass to pull off traps like that, maybe something more complex he'd need her off him, but a good ol wire trap is something he can do while fighting.

Playing dead doesn't work well, if your opponent crushes you to death. Or absorbs you into a black hole.

Joseph can survive the former, the latter, well that is problematic but at that point, avoid it? Not exactly genius level intellect needed to figure that one out.

You are assuming for some reason that Kat would defeat him in a way that leaves an intact corpse behind, despite her being willing to kill.

More like I'm assuming Kat does literally anything but Black Hole, Joseph gets hit, proceeds to play dead. Kat does Black Hole, Joseph avoids it, proceeds to wait till she does something else and gets hit by that on purpose, proceeds to play dead.
You're under the impression Joseph is gonna get hit by something deadly and then play dead, when in reality he can just, ya know, avoid the dangerous stuff, let himself get hit by something he knows he can live, and then play dead, and Kat would more then likely assume "oh he's dead". Instead of going ballistic and attacking a corpse. She doesn't know how durable he is or endurance capabilities, if he starts acting dead after getting hit, I see no reason for Kat to think otherwise, especially when he can halt breathing and all that to make it that much more credible.

At with weapons at that, even though her basic use of the stasis field would float any equip he doesn't hold on to away from him.

So everything? It's all gonna be rigged to him.

Well, whenever the hell was that put there.
Beats me.
Evidence that Raven can fly forever in the bossfights is hard to find since nobody just stalls her out in videos... would have to make a recording myself... difficult.

That sounds like gameplay mechanics ngl, if the reason is "in her boss fight if you stall for a long time she doesnt actually run out".

As for her flying without the shifter mode (which is the only mode in which gravity energy runs out) you can see he do so here. There is also a talisman with the effect of "The gravity gauge never goes down".

Honestly, the existence of there being a talisman to actively PREVENT you running out leads me to believe that you can, indeed, run out.
And as for flying without shifter mode, I never actually questioned that one.

Anyway, I will make a CRT to remove that.

Make sure you link it.

Last edited:
I'd also like to point out, Kat does use melee attacks in conjunction with her long range, she doesn't just use the long attacks.
The moment she enters CQC, without knowing the slew of effects Hamon can have, would be deadly, if touching Joseph (Assuming he's charged up) could result in a jolt, if not organ failure, from mere contact with him if he has a sufficient charge (Which is done by literally just breathing).

I'd also like to point out, Kat does use melee attacks in conjunction with her long range, she doesn't just use the long attacks.
The moment she enters CQC, without knowing the slew of effects Hamon can have, would be deadly, if touching Joseph (Assuming he's charged up) could result in a jolt, if not organ failure, from mere contact with him if he has a sufficient charge (Which is done by literally just breathing).
you Know Chariot i wanted to ask this question at some point, but i didn't wanted to disturb you, so i will do now, how Hamon does Dura neg?

Like that, the link on the profile is broken tho, M3X said he wants to redo Joseph's profile I think, so we'll probably do a quick rehaul for him after Part 7 stuff.
Just adding scans, refs and the like.

Like that, the link on the profile is broken tho, M3X said he wants to redo Joseph's profile I think, so we'll probably do a quick rehaul for him after Part 7 stuff.
when you create the thread can you link it to me?

Alright, with the flying thing removed from the profiles let's get back to this.
I also know Jojo well enough to know that Joseph does not just zap anybody's organs to shred the moment they kick him. Most of his attacks aren't that lethal. And if Kat gets close while flying the gravity around her is changed, which practically stops Joseph from moving as intended. Kat can also at any time turn into a black hole which he can't do anything against, so being close to her really screws him over just as much as being at a distance.

Joseph is known for running away, and coincidentally did so the first time he had to go against a powerful opponent who was able to fly
I'm just sayin
An opponent he knew in advance was very powerful due to knowing other pillar men. So powerful in fact that he knew he had pretty bad cards in a direct fight to say the least. He doesn't have such knowledge here.
In case it wasn't clear, I have read Jojo. Even if it has been some time.
That's not being faster, that's teleporting, that's completely different.
Considering that my argument was that he can't run away from her, it is really not different for the purpose of my argument. Point is: He can't outrun her and won't be able to secure time for any amount of setup.

Although Kat also has techniques like the gravity slide which lets her move faster than running speed.

Teleporting close to him just puts her in his range, it's a win-win for him, either she doesn't and he makes distance, or she teleports close enough to where "it's an issue" and he can't get away, which should be well within his counter attack range given his weaponry and the like.
Dude what. She can teleport three meters into the air above him. She can stay at range and not let him get anywhere.

And that's assuming she can just teleport him fyi, not seeing anything on the profile that dictates she can teleport to someone she doesn't knw where he is, which wouldn't really be hard for him to slip out of sight in a urban environment like Manhatten, even if she CAN teleport.
By SBA she knows which direction he starts and against a teleporting opponent he won't have time to move from there. Also assumes for him to instantly run away against an opponent he knows nothing about, which is not actually in character for him. He only does that after knowing he stands bad chances in a direct fight.

That's unironically a good thing for him, he's gonna be entering buildings, slipping away, etc, she flies overhead, she's gonna lose track of his exact location, she doesn't, she puts herself within his territory, if anything her flying overhead initially is best for him no matter how you slice it, it gives him the small window to slip away, out of sight, into some place, and lose her, only to come back later, teleportation or not, if she's a 100m away and she loses Joseph for even a second, she's gonna be losing him for good.
Except that Kat can completely ignore the walls of buildings as she can simply teleport through them (Or simply destroy the building and crush him under the rubble, really).

Entering an enclosed space just makes it even more impossible for Joseph to run away, as it cuts off his escape routes against someone that can teleport through all the closed doors and stuff, which he can't as easily pass through.

Uh yeah, random chick starts flying out of range, dude's gonna book it and figure out a counter.
If he has seen that she flies, then it is too late for him to escape the flying teleporter. Even assuming he actually does run from random flying chick, which I doubt tbh. He doesn't know that she has projectiles or is otherwise as though as him.

Camn you explain how Doctor Doom or someone makes their tech? No, you can't, you just accept that they did make the tech, and that they can do it.
Sure, I would however not accept that they can make any sort of tech which they haven't actually demonstrated. Which in this analogy you're claiming by saying he can just somehow pull off something against an opponent entirely different from the one he managed it against.

the important thing is the rope tricks or hamon infused stuff, something we flat out know he can do at a drop of a hat, has an explanation, is explained in context, and something he can most definitely do against Kat given the right locale.
Throwing rope at her would just get the rope reflected by her attack reflection or caught in her gravity field. And that's the thing. The stuff you have an explanation for how they work, won't work.

Surprisingly not the different, both took place in Manhatten New york, urban environment. And rope shit can be done literally wherever, he's done it in a spike field, he's done it in plain view using distractive techniques (which is fyi, how he does most of his shit, he just makes it so the opponent is distracted or preoccupied and does stuff right under their nose, Kat is most certainly susceptible to that).
When I say different circumstances I mostly mean, not against a flying foe that manipulates gravity, can catch or reflect whatever projectile he launches at her without touching it, is able to teleport, can turn into a black hole and has her mindset.

Unironically is a argument, he has the tools, Kat is susceptible to them, he just needs to get her into position, something that should be laughably easy given Kat's characterization and what he's pulled off before, and Kat's powerset low key works against her, imagine teleporting close to a dude who with a flick of the wrist can net you in a lethal wire trap.
No rule stating she need to teleport close to him. And once close he is screwed due to black hole shenanigans. Wiretrap doesn't work given teleportation in reaction and attack reflection.

You are also underestimating her intelligence. Yes, she can be tricked... but that's typically before she decides you need to get your skull smashed in. Once she is fighting you things get more tricky, since she is a very good fighter.

He's unironically done exactly that mid-fight against someone who KNEW he was setting up the string trap, in which Joseph was like "ha got ya, I knew you knew I was setting that up, so I set up another one while setting up that one which goes off the moment you destroy the first trap, ensnaring you and frying you".
He can easily set up traps while moving around, he's done so many times, in fact almost everything he does in the midst of a fight against foes that would ragdoll his ass and kill him if he lets up for even a moment, he's just good at multitasking and doing it while moving around under the guide of dodging, avoiding, or fleeing.
You confuse mid-fight and with the opponent glued to your ass and your only chance of surviving being never getting caught by her. For a wire trap to work he would need to set the wire before Kat enters the location were the wires are, for which he just doesn't have the time here. Kat is effectively at the location the same time he is. And even if he could set up wires, Kat's gravity field would rip them up even without her knowing they are there, as those are AoE.

And can they stop the Hamon charge? Hamon can bypass obstacles and be passed through defenses, like through walls, organisms, metal, liquids, and so on, Hamon has a special property of being able to pass through defenses like that, if it stops the projectile, could it stop the Hamon as well? That I'm not so sure, and that's what matters.
It's not a physical barrier and can explicitly reflect energy, so yes. Not that Kat couldn't easily dodge a projectile.

Except they're not? The moment she touches them she's getting fried, she teleports? Not inherently useful if she just teleports into another wire. Off his ass? He doesn't even need her off his ass to pull off traps like that, maybe something more complex he'd need her off him, but a good ol wire trap is something he can do while fighting.
The only wiretrap he can set up under these circumstances is just throwing a wire at her, which just gets caught or reflected or teleported out of the way from. Don't pretend she can't dodge. She beat 100 martial artists at once without her powers.

Joseph can survive the former, the latter, well that is problematic but at that point, avoid it? Not exactly genius level intellect needed to figure that one out.
If he just tanks the former, he won't be able to counterattack afterwards as he will first have to dig himself out from below a pile of rubble. And that's assuming Kat really doesn't check.

And if he dodges the strategy doesn't work, as he would reveal himself.

More like I'm assuming Kat does literally anything but Black Hole, Joseph gets hit, proceeds to play dead. Kat does Black Hole, Joseph avoids it, proceeds to wait till she does something else and gets hit by that on purpose, proceeds to play dead.
Kat isn't stupid. It's highly questionable that it will work the first time and impossible to work the second time.

You're under the impression Joseph is gonna get hit by something deadly and then play dead, when in reality he can just, ya know, avoid the dangerous stuff, let himself get hit by something he knows he can live, and then play dead, and Kat would more then likely assume "oh he's dead". Instead of going ballistic and attacking a corpse. She doesn't know how durable he is or endurance capabilities, if he starts acting dead after getting hit, I see no reason for Kat to think otherwise, especially when he can halt breathing and all that to make it that much more credible.
How would he know that he can take anything or what exactly he can take? What makes you think he can even choose what to get hit by? Kat can literally control his movements via her gravity field. The moment she lifts him into the air with her gravity powers he literally can't dodge anything.

You're also assuming his surprise attack would work, when Kat has all tools to get out of any situation Joseph can set up. Teleportation and Black Hole transformation are things Joseph can't do anything against. Not to mention that he probably wouldn't be able to find her once she sets off...

Alright, with the flying thing removed from the profiles let's get back to this.
Back the **** up, any reason why you didn't link the thread like I asked? That seems oddly disingenuous.

he did the thread, i can confirm
Yeah no I got that, I'm wondering why in the **** he didn't link here like I asked before he made it to begin with, that just comes as disrespectful and suspicious.

So, what does he have to stop Kat from just lifting him up and tossing him to his death? And at a distance it seems like she has the advantage as well, since he needs to get close? SBA means they're starting at the range from the highest opponent, which means they start over 100 meters away from each other.

No one has properly explained anything about this Joseph character so I don't know what to say. I need a lot more context then what I'm getting. Saying a character can do this because he did this is not proper reasoning that I can understand.

OP should explain where in New York, if not I'll assume the SBA of Central Park is where this is happening. What would Joseph's first move be when he sees a flying glowing girl that he knows he has to kill? Kat's going to start by hurling nearby objects at him, and try to get closer to land a better hit on him.

But what will he do in response? Let's go at this, with a play by play. (Run away to a better location?)

okay before we continue, i want to ask a question:

should i add to them prior knowledge? or full knowledge?

We need to conclude this quick

I'm gonna summarise some win cons

Black Hole will erase Joseph

Joseph got like no win cons other than hamon being strong heat. I'll go with Kat

okay before we continue, i want to ask a question:

should i add to them prior knowledge? or full knowledge?
Okay if they both have knowledge of each other, what can Joseph do when Kat just range spams? She obviously won't get close to him whatsoever if she knows he can kill her with the slightest things. She'll be paranoids of anything he goes near, or even just anything that comes near her.

She'll without a doubt just spam her ranged attacks. Right now I think it's best to keep them unaware, unless something pops up that is unfair for one side.

Black Hole will erase Joseph
That isn't going to be her first move, and she can't make a black hole appear right on him. I believe she becomes a mini black hole herself, and can move towards something. Which will be hard to hit when someone can just move away at a speed equal to the chaser.

That isn't going to be her first move, and she can't make a black hole appear right on him. I believe she becomes a mini black hole herself, and can move towards something. Which will be hard to hit when someone can just move away at a speed equal to the chaser.
so now that you know how is analytical prediction works, do you think this change something?

also the Hamon Pigeon can conduct Hamon too, if Dusty her cat will try to attacks him, he will be damaged as well if not knocked out, since the pigeon should have the same strengh as Joseph

Dusty doesn't attack (I don't believe he does), and yeah his prediction ability is stupidly high... Not insulting the character, just in case someone thought I was

He'll probably quickly understand her flight is based on changing gravity, and obviously he'll want to avoid being attack from a distance or getting caught by her gravity powers. Considering how he is, he should be capable of avoiding her attacks with ease. And even if some attacks hit him, Mid-Low healing takes care of any damage.

Honestly, Kat loses this because of her personality. She isn't going to range spam without reason, and will try to get close to him, and it'll be too late once she realize his power. And if he gets into a building, she'll follow him inside which is basically a GG for him.

She could toss him with her gravity powers if he got close to her, but I don't see her doing that before kicking. Though maybe if he dodges her attacks really well, she might conclude that trying to kick him would be pointless. Though her kick has homing properties, so she'll probably try it at least once.

Even if she has some suspicion about it being a trap. She can't really do anything from outside a building, she won't attack from the outside and she can't lift it up or something. She's going to go inside of it and... well. He basically kills in one hit right?

What pigeon?

He basically kills in one hit right?
yes
What pigeon?
oh basically Hamon can be used to control living beings too,

like Caesar a friend of Joseph, used to hypnotize a girl and made her fight Joseph and was even overpowering him,

Joseph too utilized this, he took control of a pigeon using Hamon and used to hit Caesar

ah before you say something in order to use this mind control thing, he need to touch the being an let the Hamon flow in it

what i wanted to say is that if Joseph find a pigeon or an animal who can fly, Joseph can use it like i explained

I feel like the pigeon is a viable wincon here, since if it works then Joseph would probably be smart enough to come up with it

alright guys its vote time, arguments have been made and a conclusion seem to be reached
I feel like the pigeon is a viable wincon here, since if it works then Joseph would probably be smart enough to come up with it
Following for now, What does Kat leads with ?
wait at least 12 hours to bump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back