• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Joseph Joestar Ability Revision

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
Currently, Pt2 Joseph has NPI, and the justification comes from his Stardust Crusaders self. As a Stand User, Joseph can interact and touch them, and his Hamon can too. Part 2 Joseph shouldn't get it.

He should get Information Analysis. Analysed a dude and knew what he did before meeting Joseph and knew where he put his brass knuckles

His intelligence should be upgraded to Extraordinary Genius. His intelligence section has him outsmarting the Pillarman, and they have Extraordinary Genius intelligence. This is combat only for Joseph.

I agree with adding info analysis and upgrading his intelligence but I'm not even sure what you mean with the NPI bit

Last edited:
I mean that Part 2 Joseph shouldn't get it. The justification is "His Hamon can interact with Stands" and the scan linked is when The World didn't attack Joseph because of his Hamon and Hermit Purple. The issue is because this doesn't prove that his Hamon can interact with The World, just general Stands selective intangibility

The issue is because this doesn't prove that his Hamon can interact with The World, just general Stands selective intangibility
I think I get what you mean but yeah I'll wait for some more arguments before deciding what I think of that

Wasn't the reason Part 2 Joesph got it was because Hamon could conduct and Harm DIO through The World interacting with it?

I agree with OP.
Joseph Part 2 has no reason to have NPI. If TW wanted to hit Joseph, he would have to touch him, which would result in this interaction in the first place.

Outsmarting someone with a certain intelligence doesn't make you as intelligent as them. The Pillar Men show scientific prowess and learning speed far beyond Joseph, he's just able to find the flaws in their personality and use those to trick them. I think he's fine at Genius.

Last edited:
at the very least I think it should say "at least genius, likely extraordinary genius", joseph did outsmart people with hundreds of thousands of years of combat experience
well kars is the only one with hundreds of thousands, but that's besides the point

Genius: Individuals with an exceptional capacity for knowledge and intelligence, generally in one area of varying depth, often possessed by fictional scientists and strategists. This level of intelligence is the level of actual geniuses and famous intellectuals in the real world and, in lieu of better feats, should be the default intelligence category for fictional characters treated as if they have exceptional or superhuman intelligence.
I honestly doubt even the greatest real-life combat and strategy geniuses could think of and near-flawlessly execute the stuff joseph did on the fly, especially when under the pressure of literally fighting ancient superbeings who want to take over the world

at the very least I think it should say "at least genius, likely extraordinary genius", joseph did outsmart people with hundreds of thousands of years of combat experience
well kars is the only one with hundreds of thousands, but that's besides the point
Yeah but like, they still had human-like personality and flaws, he didn't outskill them or outscience them, he just saw their weaknesses and used them
I honestly doubt even the greatest real-life combat and strategy geniuses could think of and near-flawlessly execute the stuff joseph did on the fly, especially when under the pressure of literally fighting ancient superbeings who want to kill you and take over the world
it's just quick thinking, i don't necessarily know if it's quite within human limits but i don't think it's much past them.

Outsmarting someone with a certain intelligence doesn't make you as intelligent as them. The Pillar Men show scientific prowess and learning speed far beyond Joseph, he's just able to find the flaws in their personality and use those to trick them. I think he's fine at Genius.
The Pillarmen can understand technology and new languages in seconds, but can't understand or take too long to realize what Joseph did. Seems pretty clear imo.

Chariot just reminded me, but Joseph outsmart Eisidisi's outsmarting

Indeed, basically everything regarding Joseph's intelligence feat are memes.

Still don't know how he got like, a dozen ******* grenades onto Straizo, while simultaneously rigging them all up, in plain sight, in front of the dude he rigged them all too, without being noticed. 🤷‍♂️

Still don't know how he got like, a dozen ******* grenades onto Straizo, while simultaneously rigging them all up, in plain sight, in front of the dude he rigged them all too, without being noticed. 🤷‍♂️
Because mirrors. And stuff. Or something like that

The Pillarmen can understand technology and new languages in seconds, but can't understand or take too long to realize what Joseph did. Seems pretty clear imo.
Yeah, that's just cause he managed to make them not apply their analysis skills to the tricks he pulls off.
Chariot just reminded me, but Joseph outsmart Eisidisi's outsmarting
Because Esidisi was convinced he had won already- again, exploiting the flaws in his personality.

I see I'm the only one who thinks it that way here though so I'll concede, rest seems good btw

Btw if you remove NPI for Joseph's hamon in part 2, all the other hamon users would have their NPI removed as well.

I agree with everything here and as cloozuma said other Hamon users will need to get their NPI removed too

Just gonna argue a bit about this:

Doesn't like the Empress have everything about Stands? Cause the only reason why it wasn't affected with Hamon was because of Joseph's flesh.

If it was non-physical then a surgeon wouldn't have been a threat to it, duh

Empress wasn't non-physical, explicitly so (tho it had self-sus, it claims that it can't be asphyxiated because it's not even alive).

Anyway give my boy Information Analysis, like, right now. I've seen people like Sans get it for basically the same shit, hell Big Boss has it even for being able to deduce an optimal weapon for Ocelot, Joseph deserves it for the same reasons if we grant it for things like that outside of Samus-esque scanning.

According To JoJo 6251 , Joseph awakens his stand PRE part 3, post- part 2 (post-DIO Awakening specifically), therefore technically speaking, part 2 Joseph has Hermit people, and to some degree, NPI.

I mean, we don't know when he awakened it, maybe it was only a couple years before Stardust Crusaders, where most of his hamon knowledge had already been forgotten. To give peak Joseph HP is a bit of a composite imo

Reactions: Rez
Agreed. Part 2 Joseph shouldn't get anything related to Stands.

Back