• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jonathan Joestar vs Yang Xiao Long

I'm gonna side with Yang; her Aura should help her withstand Jojo's attacks, she seems to have better ranged attacks, and her Semblance will help her get strong enough to overpower Jojo.

Yang has range, but Hamon's versatility can get around it pretty decently. How's her Aura will protect her from Jonathan's hax?

Hamon passes through objects, so I'm pretty sure it will pass through Aura. That being said, Johnatan takes this through Hamon attacks, marginally more experience in close quarters combat, and Sunlight Yellow Overdrive.

Don't you have to be like x5 times stronger than your opponent to one-shot?

@Arrogant With her swmblance she would likely be able to unless jonathan can regem from being punched into pieces

Not to be offensive, but thats not how it works.

Forcefields dont gain the power to stop things capable of moving through phisical objects unless either stated so, have feats of doing so or are a weakness of the phasing attack.

Plus you need to prove that an intangible attack can be blocked by it, burden of proof and all

@Ricsi A forcefield isnt a physical object, and Hamon isnt phasing or intangible. Ive read enough of part 1 to know that as Asa fact.

The burden of proof is on those arguing it bypasses forcefields to prove that it does.

how can it pass through objects if its not phasing?

And the fact that its not made out of atoms dsoesent change that normal phasing would work on it

Sir Ovens said:
Hamo passes through objects, so I'm pretty sure it will pass through Aura. That being said, Johnatan takes this through Hamon attacks, marginally more experience in close quarters combat, and Sunlight Yellow Overdrive.
ehhh

Hamon gets tranfered from object to object. If Aura is an object, Hamon will tranfer from the Aura to Yang. So in a sense, yes it passes through objects.

Sir Ovens said:
Hamon gets tranfered from object to object. If Aura is an object, Hamon will tranfer from the Aura to Yang. So in a sense, yes it passes through objects.
depends, what is considered an object in context?

Solid objects. Water works too. Hamon can be passed through almost any solid medium.

I give it to weekly here, I have read passing through objects and assumed. Aura should block it unless shown to transmit through energy (or air, as they still need to breathe)

Back