• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'd go with Jon here. He seems much more skilled who has been battle hardened and actually uses skill unlike his opponent who mainly relies on brute strength. Black Knight is also reckless while Jon can have a calm head in a fight. Also, isn't splitting a skull open more destructive than lobbing off limbs?

Jon Snow seems to be much more skilled, besides if the Black Knights arm comes off then there’s not much left for Jon to do.

Vote for Jon

I did a thread like this before with Arthur Dayne instead of Jon Snow, so it’s cool to see the idea again. The Black Knight could get a surprise attack if Jon lets his guard down after dealing a mortal wound, but in character Black Knight probably wouldn‘t take advantage of that and would instead declare his invincibility loudly. However, that doesn’t mean Jon won’t be thrown off by the revelation of an unfaltering opponent. He’s fought wights so he’s not too far out of his depth but he needs to be winning the fight longer than the Black Knight does unless he gets lucky enough to deal a particularly severe wound on the first attempt. Also, though I don’t think there’s a large skill gap, i’d give the Black Knight a minor edge there anyway. Jon is “somewhat inexperienced” whereas Black Knight defeats other knights with “ease”.

I think it overall comes down to the classic situation of “who can deal a killing blow first?”, and that’s harder for Jon to accomplish. It’s a fairly close fight, but I’m gonna put my vote for the Black Knight since it’s easier for him to win.

Edit: I should rephrase what I meant about “skill”. I know the Black Knight fights with a very reckless demeanour and relies primarily on his strength, but that isn’t an invalid combat style and it’s clear he’s experienced with it. Even if Jon knows better orthodox swordplay, he can still be killed by one of those wild and relentless swings, so in this duel he’ll be feeling more pressured and defensive than the almost foolishly brave Black Knight.

Last edited:
Edit: I should rephrase what I meant about “skill”. I know the Black Knight fights with a very reckless demeanour and relies primarily on his strength, but that isn’t an invalid combat style and it’s clear he’s experienced with it. Even if Jon knows better orthodox swordplay, he can still be killed by one of those wild and relentless swings, so in this duel he’ll be feeling more pressured and defensive than the almost foolishly brave Black Knight.
I'd say though, I disagree with this being a valid point. Black Knight mostly relying on strength and having reckless demeanor isn't an advantage for him. And Jon is not "somewhat experienced". He has trained since he was a child and has several years of experience fighting skilled swordsman of his own kind and also the reckless army of the dead and wight walkers who don't die easily. He is touted as one of the most skilled and powerful warriors in his verse.

I'd say though, I disagree with this being a valid point. Black Knight mostly relying on strength and having reckless demeanor isn't an advantage for him. And Jon is not "somewhat experienced". He has trained since he was a child and has several years of experience fighting skilled swordsman of his own kind and also the reckless army of the dead and wight walkers who don't die easily. He is touted as one of the most skilled and powerful warriors in his verse.
I was quoting his weaknesses section. I’m admittedly a couple seasons behind since I can’t find anywhere to watch seasons 7 and 8, and I’ve never got my hands on the books, and it’s been a while since I watched what I had seen. I wasn’t too certain on his skill level, but you provide a convincing argument.

Back