• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Description​

Joker VS Giorno Giovanna is a What-If? episode of Death Battle by Bopepiripiri, featuring Ren Amamiya from the Persona series and Giorno Giovanna from the Jojo's Bizzare Adventure series. The fight's theme is based on the similarities between the characters, such as being the Main Characters of the fifth part of their series and leading a group of misfits with invisible partners and incredibly powerful final forms.

Interlude​

(Plays Invader - DEATH BATTLE! Theme)

Victoria: In times of chaos and injustice and when those in power oppress their fellow people with their powers that seem supreme and unbeatable we can only rely on the tricksters and rebel that have chosen to rise up.

Mikoto:Ignore that noise, these two have some of the most absurd and overpowered abilities in all of fictions, let's see some carnage!

Victoria: Y-Yeah, that too.

Mikoto: Ren Amamiya! The Phantom Thief of Hearts!!

Victoria: And Giorno Giovanna, the Gangstar with a dream!!

Mikoto: She's Vic and i am Mik!!

Victoria: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armour and skills to see who would win... A DEATH BATTLE!!! ("Or whatever this is...!")

Ren Amamiya/Joker​

(Cue Track 3 - Escape) Mikoto: Rebellion. The feeling of opposing the ones in power. This is a feeling most of us have experienced before when we got screwed over by taxes or out of a job!

Victoria: E-Ehem, Ren Amamiya, codename Joker is the leader of the Phantom Thieves of hearts, a group dedicated to stealing the heart of the elite of society. Robbing the wicked desires they created on their minds and forcing them to confess their wrong doings by using the power of their personalities and soul, the Persona.

Mikoto: T-That is kinda brainwashing isn't it.

Victoria: Yeah, but its well-intended in context. Personas are created from the ego and personality of a person. Having tons of different powers. Joker's main persona, Arsene, is not different. Focusing on curse-based attacks and debuffing opponents out of their strength or defense, but that is far from being the only trick up this thief's sleeve. As a Wild Card, the power of the Fool Arcana, Joker can summon and use several personas with all different sorts of powers, resistances, skills, etc. Alongside dodging attacks made out of light...

Mikoto:So the power of the protagonist, huh.

(Cue the entire Persona 5 list of personas and notable haxes, including elemental, light, curse, instakills, status effect inducements, etc. etc.)

Mikoto: W-WOAH! What power does this kid NOT have?

Victoria: Joker was but a normal kid until he saw a woman begging for help on the street as a drunk man was trying ot abuse her. When young Amamiya tried pushing the man away, he got a one year sentence of parole for a crime he didn't commit. That is something his rag team of teenagers have in common, being screwed over by those in power, Upon meeting up and realizing how injust their society was and by forging bonds of true friendship, they eventually managed to help Joker achieve the ultimate persona on his arsenal: Satanael.

(Cue scene of Satanael in front of Yalbadoth)

Mikoto: That thing is huge!

Victoria: Being huge is not just the only thing this powerhouse can do. See that guy over there? The one that looks like a bunch of polygons? (The scene shows an arrow pointing at Yalbadoth) That is Yalbadoth, God of control. A being so powerful that it can not only control the collective unconscious, but also defeat Igor and take over the Velvet Room.

Mikoto: The collective what and the velvet what?

Victoria:The collective unconscious or Mementos is the compilation of all human being's consciousness, which when distorted can create a palace, a world of distortion with its own time and space, in other words, a timeline of their own. And the velvet Room is a place between realities. To save you the details, Yalbadoth there can easily control a multiverse worth of 6 billion people with ease and even conquer realms that have timespaces separate from the real world.

(Scene where Satanael shoots Yalbadoth dead)

Mikoto: And Satanael can just one shot that guy?!

Victoria: Indeed. And just a couple a months later, Joker managed to defeat Maruki, and even stronger Persona user that tried to merge the real world with Mementos and is stated to be even beyond Yalbadoth. But it is worth saying that Joker has been beaten before and overwhelmed in certain situations (show scenes of where he is arrested in Sae's palace and trapped under Shadow Alice's net) and sometimes needs helps from his allies to overcome impossible odds and plan some of the most elaborate strategies...

regardless of that, with a power and versatility this high and overwhelming, it is hard to think of someone that could pose a match for the trickster of legend.

"See ya!"

(Scene where Joker jumps off the window at Sae's palace)

Giorno Giovanna​

(cue Golden Wind OST - Dawn, scene of Naples.) Mikoto: "Visit Napoles and then die". Due to its incredible beauty, the city of naples is said to be the last thing you should ever see. Despite this, drug traffic and intimidation are slowly turning this heaven into a mafia hell.

Victoria: And one man's golden dream is to restore this city to its former glory, the primo mafioso, Giorno Giovanna.

(Cue Il vento di oro)

Mikoto: Son of DIO, the Gangstar of legend, tree lover. Giorno has one of the most reliable and versatile stands of all of Jojo's, Golden Experience. Golden Experience allows him to make new organs to heal himself, give life to objects and even speed up its foe's consciousness to the point their body is too slow to keep up! Also, while the animals and trees only seem good for throwing off the enemy or even fooling them, they have the special quality of reflecting any damage or effect done to them right back to the attacker, being a great defense too!

Victoria: Stands are also the manifestation of the soul, unable to be touched by non-stand users and by scaling to being able to fight Bruno's Sticky Fingers who is able to fight Diavolo's King Crimson, who defefated Polnareff's Silver Chariot who is equal to Jotaro Kujo's Star Platinum, Gold Experience can fight at speeds close to light's. Giorno is also a master tactician, able to spot weakpoints on his foes and exploit them, even pretending to have a broken ribcage just to trick a psychopath into falling for a trap.

Mikoto: But that is far from his limit. Upon using the Requiem Arrow on his own stand, Gold Experience, Giorno obtained the strongest stand known up to that point: Gold Experience Requiem! **** yeah!

(Scene of Giorno floating above Diavolo with GER)

Mikoto: The power of this stand is bonkers. Its pretty much "no u" to an absurd scale alongside givin you the worst depression ever.

Victoria: Gold Experience Requiemcan manipulate casuality of cause and effect, in other words, if i were to punch someone, the cause would be me throwing my first and the effect would be.

Mikoto: O-Ow!

Victoria: My punch doing damage. In short, Requiem can make it so i never manage to reach my partner there, i am just reset to the point i rose my fist onto the air, also, as stated on its Stand Stats page, he is able to also reduce someone's will to 0. Prohibiting them from using their stands or even want to fight anymore. (Background shows Diavolo being stabbed by the drug addict.) This ability has been countered before, though. While not canon, In Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: Eyes of Heaven, The World over Heaven managed to stop being Reset to zero by rewritting reality around itself, making it useless.

Regardless, after countering Diavolo's time skip and throwing him into a endless death loop, Giorno managed what his father could not: riches and power. Becoming the new leader of Passione and stopping the drug trade, fiinally achieving his golden dream.

Mikoto: I guess that is just how Mafia works.

"I plan on defeating your boss and taking over this city. In order to get rid of gangsters that sell drugs to children, I'm going to have become a gangster myself."

(cue scene of Giorno explaining his dream to Bruno.)

Death Battle​

Giorno is shown walking across Florida, minding his own business as a young man in a japanese school uniform would stand in front of him.

Giorno: "Can i help you?"
Joker: "It seems Futaba was right. You're Giorno Giovanna, the leader of Passione and mafioso. I have come here to make you admit your crimes to the world, all the people that owe you money, all those you have ordered to be assassinated and anything in between."

Joker would snap his fingers and have his phantom thief outfit appear around him. (If you hear well, you can hear Morgana saying "What a showoff!" on Joker's earpiece.) Preparing his dagger for combat while keeping his eyes on the primo mafioso.

Giorno:"I am a criminal and some of the things i've done are morally questionable. But, confessing any of this in public is not in my plans. In order to keep peace in Italy, i must persist with my dream!"

Joker: "Then...its showtime!"

Joker dashes in and slashes with his dagger, Giorno barely managing to dodge, it is clear Giorno is being defensive and observant while Joker is attacking to see what the mafioso's weaknesses are.

"Arsene! Eiha!"

Joker summons Arsne to attack Giorno, but as he sees the attack coming, he summons Golden Experience to block it, but it still pushed the ganstar back.

Joker "I knew it, you're a persona user."
Giorno "Tch, what kind of stand is that?"
Joker "Stand?"
Giorno "Persona?"

Giorno is confused, but thinks his foe is just trying to psyche him out and goes head first trying to land a blow at his foe, delivering a stand rush until Arsene manages to interrupt Gold Experience with Eigaon, sending them both apart, but Giorno was clearly being overpowered as he slammed against a houses's wall.

Golden Experience! MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!"
Joker "Arsene! Eigaon!"
Both "A-Aah...!!"
Giorno"S-Shit..."

Joker moves towards Giorno as he changes masks into Jack Frost (cuz its iconic) and without even issuing a command, a blizzard started to push Giorno back and started to tear the house behind him apart, sending Giorno flying thru many buildings as Golden Experience barely managed to keep him from being hurt too badly.

Giorno "H-He has more than one stand? W-What the hell is this? ("Focus, Giorno. I have to make some distance between him and me...!")

As the impact of the attack slowed down, Giorno placed his hand on the ground, giving life to someone on the floor as Joker came in flying in the hands of Principality, only to change personas once again just as soon as he was in front of Giorno mid-air.

Joker "Hecatoncheires! Beat him up!"

The persona threw several punches at Giorno only for him to be flown right into the air by a sudden tree that emerged from the ground, sending him flying towards a skyscraper.

Joker"Heh. You're not on my level! Let's finish this! Lucifer!"

Just as Giorno thought he was safe in the air, a massive black demon would fly towards him and grab his neck, just as they were above the clouds, the demon would throw him down at the rooftop of one of a pair of buildings, making the entire top fall on top of Giorno, aparently killing him.

Joker "Let's go."

Joker summons lucifer back to throw himself onto the rooftop of the opposite building, standing at the top of the city as bloody and cornered Giorno rests laying on some rubble as he used the rocks around him to replace his damaged organs. Despite healing himself, Giorno could barely move as result of just how much stronger Joker's personas were compared to his Gold Experience.

Joker "This is the result of my bonds and my spirit of rebellion... Present yourself, Satanael!"

(Cue Our Beginning.)

A building sized demon appears as Joker's mask vanishes, several blue effects start covering the city landscape as the massive demon aims a massive pistol at the now incapacitated Gang Star.

Joker "This is Checkmate. Sinful shell!"
The massive bullet fires towards Giorno, slowly covering his entire field of vision and escape seemed impossible as Giorno took the requiem arrow from his clothing just before a massive explosion. As smoke covers the entire place Giorno was at, the video starts glitching out and frezzeing, the frame is still for a second until the explosion reverts onto itself and the massive bullet starts going backwards and the sky around Joker starts turning into a colorful night sky.

Joker "W-What just happened, what is this?"
The thief looks confused as he can see other versions of himself just below him, in the pose he was in before the final attack was declared, repeating over and over.

Time returned just as it was before Joker declared his final attack, frozen in place in confusion. Giorno's voice could now be heard as he jumps across the gaps between buildings and walks past Joker exactly the same way as DIO did with Jotaro on the final Part 3 Opening () until he is behind the frozen thief, where Giorno makes the DIO pose.
Giorno "You shouldn't declare checkmate when your foe still has moves to make. And to answer your question....This is Requiem."

(Cue Giorno's theme )

The requiem effect ends as Giorno lets Joker swing his dagger at him, only for the gang star to interrupt such attack with a ladybug he created out of a rock from the rubble.

Joker "A-Aaaaaagh!!"

The scene cuts to Joker suffering the equivalent damage he inflicted onto the small animal as a massive and painful bloody red cut appears across his chest, Giorno takes this chance to run towards his foe and start his final stand rush, replicating the 7 page muda.

Giorno"MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!!" "MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!!" "WRYYYYYYYYY!!!" "MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA...MUDA!!"

The final hit of requiem sends Joker flying, making him fall from the tall building they were both in. After a while, a car alarm could be heard from the distance. The fight having ended, Giorno makes GER dissapear as he turns his back on the battlefield, making a quick goodbye salute motion as he walked into the distance.

Giorno "Arrivederci."

Results​

K.O!

Mikoto: Epic! I can't use any other word! Victoria: Ehem, This is a tricky match, both characters have incredible powers that seem to tower above most others in fiction. But compared to Giorno's versatility, Joker didn't have the resistances to take the win.

Mikoto: First off, no matter what happened, Giorno was completely outclassed in terms of raw power. Joker can fight gods that can control the collective unconscious, a multiverse with several million, no, billions of timelines! There was no way even Gold Experience Requiem was going to match that.

When it came to smarts, Joker was also outclassed. The phantom thief usually relies on his partners a lot more, as when he was fighting Adam Kadmon, he flat out needed Futaba to point out his weakspot since he was being stomped.
In comparison, Giorno has several feats of analysing his opponent and thinking three steps ahead of his opponent to figure out their shortcomings and come out on top with misdirection and deception. Making it more than likely Giorno could trick Joker into attacking one of his animal companions and inflict massive damage or keep the flow of the battle in his favor.

Victoria: Indeed. And Joker also had ways to end the fight early on by casting one-hit kills or spells that could have put Joker to sleep or even brainwash him. But none off that is really a factor, the true debate always has been...could Joker's personas bypass Gold Experience Requiem's abilities?

Mikoto: The answer's no, isn't it?

Victoria: Joker lives day by day as one of the main elements of his game and none of his attacks from any persona have been shown to be above time and space or lack a beginning nor and end to them. As powerful as any of his attacks were, none of them was ever going to reach the truth when Gold Experience Requiem has been seen moving and talking within Diavolo's skipped time, a place where there was no time at all!
Moving any distance in a place with literally no time implies something no persona has been able to achieve: infinite speed. Not to mention, Gold Experience Requiem's Endless death loop covers infinite alternate worlds, while it doesn't scale to Attack Potency, it implies the almighty stand can revert or influence energies up to that level of dimensionality.

Also, as seen in the bad ending where the player decides to neither accept or deny Maruki's new reality, Joker is deprived of all will to go on with his life or do anything. Implying that his will is vulnerable to will manipulation and thus, can also be reduced to zero.

Mikoto: Overall, Joker had Giorno beat in destructive power, insta-kills, speed and durability. His Persona(s) would be too much for Gold Experience to handle in a fight, but no matter what he did, Requiem made it certain he was never reaching the truth. Not to mention he would be at the mercy of Giorno's superior intellect and battle experience.

Mikoto: It seems like this phantom thieve really did meet his Phan-doom.

Victoria: That pun was terrible. But the winner is Giorno Giovanna!

(Cue the end part of Giorno's theme as he is seen turning the frog from the start of Part 5 into a briefcase)

Last edited:
iNT2fsO.png

F

Why would he have acausality negation?
he is getting acausality negation when the Wonder of U arc would end and new characthers would get the profie.
one of that characthers would have acasuality type 4.
and giorno is stated to be the strongest ability in existence and can neggs everything, that's all.

he is getting acausality negation when the Wonder of U arc would end and new characthers would get the profie.
one of that characthers would have acasuality type 4.
and giorno is stated to be the strongest ability in existence and can neggs everything, that's all.
They don't even exist in the same universe.

Also why does wonder of U have acausality.

Seems interesting and reasonable indeed.
Do link me to the thread once its done so i can say i agree.
I am no knowledgable member, but i hope it helps.

You guys are still taking this post seriously enough to argue? I would've thought the screenshot Rtx sent would be proof enough this is pretty much just a joke.

Back