• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stands

So in Diavolo's vs wiki, it states:

Non-Corporeal (Stands are the incorporeal manifestation of one's vital energy and can only be harmed by other Stands),

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Diavolo

Does this mean that literally nothing that's not a Stand can harm another Stand? Even if the aggressor wielded Non-Corporeal Interaction?

Or would assuming such a thing be rendered a Fallacy?

Invisibility (Only other Stand Users can see Stands),

Once again, is this implying that only another Stand can see a Stand or would someone with Enhanced Senses still be able to see one?

Either way, whilst the specs of the abilities are true, I feel like they only apply within the JoJo verse in itself where it's Stand Users & Non-Stand Users. And if such is the case, then I don't see the point in including these specifications of the abilities because like me, it could possibly lead others to assuming that without being a Stand User, it's literally impossible to see or harm another Stand User.

But if I'm wrong, and there is a good reason to include such specifications, then I'd like to know why it's not done for every JoJo page that exists.

E.g. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Jotaro_Kujo_(Eyes_of_Heaven)#Star Platinum

I don't see anywhere where either Non-Corporeal/Invisibility is mentioned. And this further makes me question whether I should bring it up on a revision post.

>"Does this mean that literally nothing that's not a Stand can harm another Stand? Even if the aggressor wielded Non-Corporeal Interaction?

Or would assuming such a thing be rendered a Fallacy?"

Yes, this would be an immense NLF/no limit fallacy. That's an in-verse rule that means nothing next to other Non-Corporeal beings. It's even possible that ghosts in JoJo could affect Stands based on something that happened once, but this is arguable.

>"Once again, is this implying that only another Stand can see a Stand or would someone with Enhanced Senses still be able to see one?"

Other in-verse thing, yes. If the Enhanced Senses of the character let him see something invisible then yes, which would be Extrasensory Perception/Non-Physical Interaction but whatever.

>"Either way, whilst the specs of the abilities are true, I feel like they only apply within the JoJo verse in itself where it's Stand Users & Non-Stand Users. And if such is the case, then I don't see the point in including these specifications of the abilities because like me, it could possibly lead others to assuming that without being a Stand User, it's literally impossible to see or harm another Stand User.

But if I'm wrong, and there is a good reason to include such specifications, then I'd like to know why it's not done for every JoJo page that exists."

I wouldn't have word it like that in the profiles but going by the standard assumptions of not going by fallacies they don't do anything bad.

>"I don't see anywhere where either Non-Corporeal/Invisibility is mentioned. And this further makes me question whether I should bring it up on a revision post."

Old and locked profile that only some can modify.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

But my question is, why elaborate on an ability in when it can first of all only be applied in verse when making profiles for a multiversal vs wiki? Because whilst I do admit that yes, the information is true (in verse), it could still lead to confusion.

My suggestion --> There should be a "Note" section or something that at least tells the readers "Btw, this only applies within the JoJo verse and characters from outside the verse could still affect if the right counter ability is pulled" or something along the lines. Just for clarification.

As for the old and locked profiles, is there anyone you know who I can ask to perhaps unlock and modify the profile pages?

Because these abilities are core abilities of a Stand and to see a Stand User's profile not include them strikes me as a big inaccuracy personally.

It doesn't need a note as much as just better explanations in the P&As of the profiles. Which again shouldn't be a problem as no one should interpret that in such way.

I was thinking in compiling and linking in the profiles all the evidence of the Stands' basic powers one day, so that should help in context.

Understood. I'm glad that some action will be taken.

In the meantime, do you have some links to knowledgable members on JoJo in case I have further questions or queries that need to be addressed?

Or should I just approach you?

>Yes, this would be an immense NLF/no limit fallacy. That's an in-verse rule that means nothing next to other Non-Corporeal beings. It's even possible that ghosts in JoJo could affect Stands based on something that happened once, but this is arguable.

That's only a half truth, it's a no NLF to assume that Stands can't be touched or interacted with by anything other then a Stand but it's also true that simply being able to interact with with non-corporals ain't exactly enough, Stands iirc have feats of being unable to be interacted with by things that can interact with noncorporal thigs like ghosts as well.

>Other in-verse thing, yes. If the Enhanced Senses of the character let him see something invisible then yes, which would be Extrasensory Perception/Non-Physical Interaction but whatever.

That's actually untrue as well, things that have have extraensory perception and can see ghosts have failed to see Stands.

>I wouldn't have word it like that in the profiles but going by the standard assumptions of not going by fallacies they don't do anything bad.

It's true that assuming that Stands can only be interacted with by Stands and nothing else would be a NLF and a huge one at that but it's also true that Stands are a tad above run of the mill noncorporality and invisibility. It ain't an in universe only rule, there's actual feats and showings.

Basically yes it's a NLF but assuming being able to touch a ghost means you can touch a Stand or something is also wrong idk how you get a feat that would warrant being able to interact with most Stands but if one has a feat that would warrant that it should be fine, usual case by case thing.

Back