• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JJBA Discussion Thread

Only 23 pages for the new chapter, what happened to the roughly 40 pages per chapter? Just when Josuke engaged in combat too, rather unfortunate.

Got a detailed explanation of how the new Stand works though so that's cool.

It's not just 23 pages? Double-spreads exist, it's still 40 pages, it's just that nearly every page is a double-spread that counts as one page instead of two. Urban Guerrilla was 10x as good as he was last time, he's a really neat villain. Rai's use of Doggystyle was rad too.

>Double spreads

Shit, i guess youre technically right, although i enjoy seeing S&W being far more brutal than he needs to, ie sticking a shovel down someone's throat or splattering someone's head across the pavement. The fact he's so brutal when even Mr.Jotaro Hardass Kujo opted for mere incap is amusing or even Johnny who while being stated to be a killer still wasnt that brutal.

The fact i gotta wait a month is tedious.

Who knows? Maybe just in case, Joubin seems like the dude who'd have a fallback.

And nah, Josuke will be fine, he'll probably do some bullshit tactic like he did when he stole friction. He can likely do plenty of things with it, hell if by the of JoJolion he doesnt steal someone's life im gonna be surprised.

>implying araki didnt drop him stealing things

It already touched his skin. If you didn't notice it, Urban dropped Brainstorm bits into the ground and then used Doremi's ability to blast him with Brainstorm from every general direction. Rai hasn't died yet even though he's got a bunch of the virus in him, so he can probably get out alive easily yeah.

Nah dude, he's gonna inject S&W bubbles into his blood stream and body and remove the toxin similar to how Killer Queen injected SHA into his blood earlier to remove a blood clot.

What if he turned his blood cells into bubbles though? Remember that shit from Stray Cat? If it's less than a certain amount of air pressure, it should be safe for something a miniscule size as Brainstorm.

No I'm well aware injected bubbles into your blood is a bad idea, I'm gonna assume since it's his Stand doing it he can bypass it a little, or just iron man that shit like a man, i mean he's already full of holes, what's a bit more pain?

Or that yeah, size does matter.

I'm more interested in the villain, all jojo parts end up ultimately relying in the villain as the final indicator of quality, if the villain isn't good then what's the point?

Valentine was kinda absolutely amazing and who would gave guessed, SBR is the best part, DIO is an enjoyable so evil it hurts, Kira is unique, realistic and interesting character that just wants to be left alone, Diavolo while not the best plays off his mystery aspect really well being an enigma from birth to death also King Crimson is cool, Pucci is also a well written character that starts off good and well meaning and by the end is an irredeemable, corrupted piece of trash, still dint like him that much. Kars kinda just exists and while important to DIO and I enjoyed him but he could of been written better, Whammu is good and Esidisi is just kinda there. Santana doesnt exist.

But we're how far into Jojolion without a definite villain while every part always had the villain either introduced or at least talked about since early on outside of Kira who comes in at like 40% into Part 4, it's worrying.

See, the problem with that is, of course Joubin isnt exactly morally just, he's everything but confirmed to be working with rock humans but I dont think he's a genuine villain, he does seem to care for his family and such. There's the mystery man in Josuke's flashback early on but some people seem to think that's beta Damo.

There could be a fkashback we're missing though and I dont think Araki has forgot exactly, Johnny was mentioned recently and it seems,rather consistent with previous mentions so Im trusting in him do stay cohesive if he can remember Johnny stuff i think he'd renember a main villain.

Just because you're an antagonist doesn't mean you have to be a villai or a villainous person. The two words have completely different meanings. Norisuke already has a confirmed death.

Fruit dad
And Kyo maybe. Speed King vs Born this Way was a fun theory back the

You're correct yeah, but an actual threat us nice, it creates tension and dread.

Nah dude, i expect a major death by the end, i could see even Josuke being the one to bite the dust.

But Urban is already a threat It's not like it'll really affect the family tree if he dies, unless Kyo dies too.

I don't care about the family tree, i want a wild ride with emotional ups and downs. Big reason why I like SBR.

But I'm expecting the appraiser to become the third wheel.

>ending with 8

If I don't see it go up to at least part 10 we're gonna have a problem.

And besides, he could always pull a Jonathan.

Part 1 was the shortest one though? With Seinen, it's going to take a long time no matter what.

I made one for Doremifasolati Do too yknow. I'm being patient on Rai to pull more stuff since he's guaranteed asspull life from Araki's volume note on V16, Hato's in development hell becuase it took me forever to get the rip of her tankobon descriptions translated, and everyone else is just there I suppose.

Back