• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Apparently putting DBS characters against SMT characters is a thing now. SMT characters with Type 8 immortality too.

SBA has them on earth, so the type 8 can be bypassed by Jiren blowing up the planet and killing all of humanity. Idk about the match in general though

Jiren is apparently in Limit Breaker form right now, so it's very in-character for him to blow up the planet once he figures out that just attacking Hitler as a sort of "f-ck you" since Hitler looks human.

"Screw your homeworld and everyone you love!"

Depends how hitler actually uses it, especially considering the AP advantage Jiren has and his usage of attacks that overwhelm even comparable opponents.

The fact that nobody's shown how he uses it. If its like a projectile or something it just gets dodged, if its something without travel time then no.

It has been a while since I played the game, so I may be mistaken on several points here; but the reality warping shouldn't work here. The reality warping depends and the wishes, fears and beliefs of the humans: it took him the whole game to have humanity wishes for the anihilation of everything.

For his soul manip, I don't know where it comes from. Maybe it's from the fact that Personas are like the Stands in JJBA, and he is a Persona fighting other Persona-user. Or it comes from the fact the protags in Persona 1 fight within other people's mind(?) Either way, I don't think this soul manip is an offensive move.

Admittedly i'm judging this from a lets play I'm watching but yeah you're correct. Nyara's reality warping is based off rumors and urban legends, it isn't something he can just do, and if he can, he doesn't do for combat.

I tought it was already clear that the planet the fighters start on does not have humans.

It's the reson the main logic in Ultron vs Superman was refuted.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I tought it was already clear that the planet the fighters start on does not have humans.
It's the reson the main logic in Ultron vs Superman was refuted.
Doesn't that mean that Hitler can't lose since his type 8 will bring him back?

Yheah ricsi I don't think that's really correct. People still exist, just not in the immediate vicinity unless specified iirc and they won't serve as morality chains. If people don't exist, Hitler doesn't have his type 8.

Since when has Jiren shown that he's willing to nuke entire planets just to get rid of one guy?

He tried to attack spectators, which would specifically have gotten him EE'd. He also destroyed a huge chunk of the atena.

He also has the mentality of "f-ck friends", so he's clearly not attached to anybody to the point that he'd hesitate to blow up a planet.

None of that proves Jiren denotes planets as a means of defeating enemies as an in-character strategy. If he's never done so or at least tried to do so we can't assume he would.

Is Jiren even confirmed to be able to breathe or survive in the vacuum of space?

"None of that proves Jiren denotes planets as a means of defeating enemies as an in-character strategy. If he's never done so or at least tried to do so we can't assume he would."

How about the fact that he was never seen in-combat on a planet? And the fact that he tried to attack the spectators/kill people despite knowing Zen'O would erase him, showing a "I dun give a single f-ck" mentality also?

Jiren is... very bloodthirsty compared to most other characters. Maybe bested by Freeza and Kid Buu.

"Is Jiren even confirmed to be able to breathe in space?"

He's known to consider spaceships slow in the Manga and fly by himself across interstellar distances casually. In the anime, he's never really seen outside of the ToP besides his flashback, which is localized on a planet.

Limit Breaker Jiren is almost bloodlusted. He has the 'f**k this and f**k you' kind of thinking.

Calaca Vs said:
Limit Breaker Jiren is almost bloodlusted. He has the 'f**k this and f**k you' kind of thinking.
See the above posts. Him being a near-emotionless type of guy who only cares about ousting the opponent doesn't mean that we can assume he'll deploy combat strategies he's never done in-canon.

Jiren not only tried to attack Goku's friends. Remember that GoD and Angels were in there aswell risking himself to get EE'd.

So it's likely he'd blow a planet in that state of mind.

Just gonna quote my previous comment since that's that exact same argument I refuted

Maverick Zero X said:
Him being a near-emotionless type of guy who only cares about ousting the opponent doesn't mean that we can assume he'll deploy combat strategies he's never done in-canon.

He can even do that just busting the battlefield like when he did that to the Katchi Katchin. And that thing is far more durable than Earth so a little anger bust and the planet'd be busted.

The Katchin arena definitely wasn't planet-sized and Jiren's attacks didn't even destroy it in its totality, just ruin parts of it. Also, we still have no idea if Anime Jiren can survive in space so the "he just nukes the planet" argument doesn't work. fuckIhavetosleep

I'm not saying he'll do in a single blast but in this state he's the 'i'll spam my full power blasts to reduce you to smithereens' kind of guy and the AoE with that AP makes pretty easy to destroy the Earth in some time.

And again. He only destroyed a part of it because the Katchi is far more tougher than regular Katchin which is a metal that can't be damaged by a High 4-C if I'm correct. The Earth'll suffer much more damage with less defenses to stop Jiren's cry.

I don't get why breathing in space is even a f-cking argument at these levels of speed. What, air is going to rush out of me at massively hypersonic speeds at highest wankiest levels? I'm going to freeze at AT BEST relativistic speeds?

Funny, this speed equalized match is AT SLOWEST Speed of Light. Running out of air isn't a damned argument in this. And before you say "But vegeta died to no air!", there's a difference between on the steps of Victory and "Actually just go die" in mentality. One is off-guard and definitely not prepared for such an attack, the other is literally performing the attack.

Akreious said:
I don't get why breathing in space is even a f-cking argument at these levels of speed. What, air is going to rush out of me at massively hypersonic speeds at highest wankiest levels? I'm going to freeze at AT BEST relativistic speeds?
Funny, this speed equalized match is AT SLOWEST Speed of Light. Running out of air isn't a damned argument in this. And before you say "But vegeta died to no air!", there's a difference between on the steps of Victory and "Actually just go die" in mentality. One is off-guard and definitely not prepared for such an attack, the other is literally performing the attack.
People also forget at times that people in DB can easily get killed if they let their guard down. Vegeta literally did not see Frieza's surprise planet bust coming. At all.

Akr, at light speed they should be living nukes everywhere they go, don't try to use science or phsyics when it is obviously not aplicable, least you downgrade them to speed of sound cuz they couldn't talk if faster.

Calaca Vs said:
Many Dragonball characters have gone into blind rages but displayed enough Ki control to not nuke the planet. Even in an enraged state Jiren isn't witless. Also, durability =/= AoE. He'll unleash blasts capable of destroying centralized parts of Earth's crust but he won't destroy it in its totality.

And again, even if Jiren blows up the planet we have no idea if he can survive the vacuum of space.

Akreious said:
Science or phsyics clearly isn't applicable to DB characters 9 times out of 10, as the vacuum of space is still treated as a detriment to current Goku, whose speed utterly dwarfs light.

Back