• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jimmy Hopkins speed and lifting strength upgrades

Jimmy is able to outrun pitbulls, and according to our pitbull profile, they are able to run around 30 mph at most, which is Superhuman. I think it's safe to use that high-end rather than Peak Human because the pitbulls in the game get really pissed off at Jimmy over the smallest conveniences (they will bite him if you're stationary), as seen in the clip.

This is already consistent with the rest of the speed feats on his profile, such as Russell running after a police car (which is currently listed as combat speed for some reason).

His lifting strength upgraded to Class 10 based on him upscaling Hal and Norton, who chucked down trees without any effort. This is consistent with him and Edgar easily ripping off lead pipes from walls, as well as Jimmy prying open locked garage doors and metal gates.

Last edited:
Something I wanna add speed-wise.
I do want to provide speed ratings for certain weapons. Jimmy Hopkins has two weapons: the Super Slingshot and the Potato Gun.

The Potato Gun is straightforward; field testing shows that potato cannons can typically shoot at a range of 28 to 48 m/s depending on the material used as ammo (obviously excluding outliers): https://www.technologyreview.com/20...rce-measures-potato-cannon-muzzle-velocities/

The Super Slingshot is harder to pin down. If you look here, the Super Slingshot appears to have a telescopic end:
latest

Similar telescopic ends can be found on hunting slingshots:
4SLiXr2.png

Hunting slingshots can fire projectiles from 150 to 200 miles per hour (67.056 to 89.408 m/s): https://huntslingshots.com/how-fast-does-a-slingshot-shoot/

I think that should really boost Hopkins' speed.

Back