• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jean Grey's statistics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
This is another character that I noticed has very unclear statistics when I went through the Marvel pages today.

There are only two feats that I know of that are useful for scaling the character. One is preventing the destruction of the entire universe by the M'Kraan crystal as regular Phoenix, and the second is feeding upon a star to replenish her energies as Dark Phoenix. Feeding on stars is obviously far less impressive than preventing universal destruction.

Complicating this further is that the M'Kraan Crystal has been stated to be a Multiversal nexus point in later storylines, which might cause far greater than mere universal destruction, but I do not know the specifics of what was stated during its original introduction story, which is what is relevant in this case.

Then there is the fact that the White Phoenix of the Crown is commonly though to be far more powerful, but I do not know of any feats for this form except for changing the timeline.

So, I am a bit confused, and would appreciate help with straightening this matter out, and get the scaling right.

Well, just because a power source is used, doesn't mean an individual can access the entirety of its power, or that's my view anyway. If a reasonable feat is useable, I see no reason why we shouldn't use it.

I think the current scaling seems fine.

Well, as I mentioned, it would be useful if somebody checked the specifics of the M'Kraan crystal when originally introduced.

Antvasima said:
Well, as I mentioned, it would be useful if somebody checked the specifics of the M'Kraan crystal when originally introduced.
I did some research. (I checked the wiki and confirmed the sources. Here is a copy of what is written on the wiki.

Should the Crystal's stasis fields be destroyed, the gravitational forces would extend into the universe, drawing all of it into a black hole, causing the universe to collapse. This was why the crystal was was often referred to as the "Nexus of all Realities". Every million years, when nine stars enter a certain alignment, the Crystal would open a gateway to what legend said was absolute power. For this reason, the crystal was guarded by powerful beings named Jahf and Modt.[4]

The "fact" that it can cause greater destruction can be a hypbole. Because it has not been shown anything in this regard. Maybe if the energy was focused into a type of attack, then maybe. So a low 2-C? Is what I think you could maybe do with it.

Well, she is currently ranked as 3-A or Low 2-C.

Antvasima said:
Well, she is currently ranked as 3-A or Low 2-C.
You do not need to be stronger than an nuclear bomb to fix it before it explodes :3

Anyway what the crystals is that it's a gateway between the almost all the realities in marvel. In itself it does not have a destructional value, but the amount of energy that powers it is the thing that can destroy the universe.

An example that make it easier to understand is that you can compare it to a nuclear reactor. This nuclear reactor is used to create energy right? In itself it's not a weapon. You can't exactly pick of the entire place and throw it at a location in real life. It's innefficient. So why not turn it into a nuclear bomb with the help of what is inside the reactor(The Crystal).

So she did not overpower or contain the energy that was going to destroy the universe?

She healed/patched the crystal, Similiar to patching a wound. It cracked once before and it destroyed the previous universe from what I know. This happened in an instant. No reaction time or anything. So no she did not overpower it in any way or form. She patched it before anything could happen to it.

Aha. So her statistics should be adjusted to "Unknown" for her non-WPOTC incarnations?

I think it's fine as it is right now, just have to wait for more to come out before we can make any definitive decisions. Her profile is finely made as it is right now because there doesn't concrete facts for her non-WPOTC incarnations. You have to remember most of her other incarnations have only used their abilities for casual things like stopping incoming projectiles, read minds, and moving objects. Basically what is written in her profile. She was for the most part solving problems with her brain than her muscles. So it's quite hard to determine anything for her other incarnations, because of the fact her most feats that can say something about her tier is with the help of the Phoenix.

So I would not do anything with her profile yet, I would take a wait and see approach.

Well, given that repairing the M'Kraan Crystal is not a 3-A or Low 2-C feat, according to yourself, we have to place her at unknown.

Yes, I think we can agree to place her at unknown. As I said most of the feats that have happened that you can calculate or form an idea of her strength is with the Phoenix included.

Anyway i just have to say that entities from any fiction that is Universal and above are a giant pain in the a** to read and set them at a tier. If they do it through a host it makes it a bigger pain in the a**.

Anyway, shall we say that is what we will put her at and close the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back