• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jaune Arc VS Carapace (Grace)

Jaune is a capable strategist

I mean this is the same man who made a plan to steal a airship from a military base to get to atlas just by looking at the air and seeing a airship fly by and it would have worked if it wasn't for Adam being a unknown factor (because Adam made sure Blake didn't cut down the radar they had), so he should be able to find a way around his shields

Ok. I have questions here.

during his first semester at beacon, Jaune went from having almost zero combat skill to being able to keep up with other students who trained their entire lives in combat, and he continued training since then, - Snip
This is fine.
at this point in the series his skill also scales to the likes of Velvet scarlatina
How does somebody skill scales? More specifically, how does somebody skill scales to a skill as particularly specific as:
replicate and utilize any fighting style she sees and memorize it, allowing her to utilize dozens of different fighting styles at the same time as well as utilize the weapons of people she sees fight perfectly (Basically Taskmaster but she doesnt lose her memories in the process)

as for Carapace's skill comparisons, the people he scales to are people who trained in their respective combat styles for sport and competition whereas the people Jaune scales to were trained to fight with the intent of killing their opponents while also wielding complex melee weaponry
Both of them are use to fight, and I agree that there is exist difference when it comes to intents, but this goes for either way. In every martial art that Carapace has yet faced has a set of limitations so to not put the lives of the contenders at risk, let it be protections, let it be banned moves, let it be whatever; this limitations might arise constrains when attempted to use of lethal force per se in a regular match, but it holds it's own technique to force the other side into submission that might or might not posses more complexity than the usage of lethal movements.

and im not sure how copying superpowers is equivalent to mimicking and combining dozens of people's fighting styles
You're correct here. It isn’t the same.
he's only 2.5x stronger
2.75x or so or above, actually.
and Jaune has multiple amps and damage boosts to close that gap considerably, his semblance alone doubles his AP
It has a multiplier statement?
as wll as the aformentioned issue of Shell-Ter not being High 7-C
It scales higher.
and reverting Carapace to 9-B after its used
'Bout five minutes after, but yes.

Last edited:
Jaune has shown he can actually amp his own aura in vol 7 to get back his aura from half to full in the training he did at atlas and vol 6 in the mech fight where he amps his own aura and amps Nora's aura to even live getting hit by the small town level mech

So yeah he can amp himself

Jaune also on numerous occasions been able to form plans on the fly to work according to the advantages of his team and counter possible threats, including several threats that were significantly strongr than himslf and his team as individuals, such as the Nuckelavee, the atlesian colossus, and general ironwood (who is even more skilled then even winter who was trained all her life by the best huntsman school in Atlas and was picked as a special ops and the winter maiden by ironwood who fought cinder who was skilled enough to fight phyrra who fought Mercury who was trained daily by his dad and killed him and his dad was so skilled that cinder wanted to make him join her and phyrra also won multiple tournaments and was even called invisible and he also help fight neo however she got away thanks to her broken semblance of physical illusions and the fact they were being hunted down by atlas military and were fighting in a tight hallway that were like mazes)

So even if he doesn't scale In skill to Valvet he still is super skilled and a great planer
I think you’re missing my point here, I'm not meaning to deny Jaune might or might not be a better strategist (because he most probably is). What I’m saying is that this definition of Skill comes out as rather simplistic on how skill or intelligence in general works. But let’s go for it.
Jaune also on numerous occasions been able to form plans on the fly to work according to the advantages of his team and counter possible threats, including several threats that were significantly strongr than himslf and his team as individuals
The premise on it's own is a valid shown of intelligence and skill. However, here is when degrees come to play. Prior knowledge, settling and abilities at disposal are all important traits to keep at mind. This isn’t Jaune leading a team, this is Jaune fighting on his own straight against someone who he knows nothing about and viceversa. He might make his mind to outsmart Carapace, he might not need it, Carapace might defeat him sooner, or so on.
and general ironwood (who is even more skilled then even winter
Ok. But how does this measurement of skill works?

I know that Carapace is about as skilled as, let say, Anansi, because Anansi is not only physically superior and Carapace hold his own against her, but also because Anansi has traits that play way on her favor such as gaining an hyper mobility, flexibility and two extra sets of arms longer than Carapace’s body length that makes her martial arts more dangerous and competent than they would normally be.

Carapace doing this might attests that he's good at physical confrontation, but this doesn’t makes him a kickboxer or even less a better kickboxer than Anansi, nor it means that he would be as tactically smart as her if she were to make a plan that involves conquering the world. So a need context about this skill.
who fought cinder who was skilled enough to fight phyrra who fought Mercury
I think pointing what's going on here after saying what I said before is redundant, but there’s this important thing to say: similar to how skill can make up for AP, AP can make for the lack of skill. Saying fought is an ambiguous term when there’s a lot of things that come to play in fight. Is as if I bring the argument that Queen Bee is implied to be the worst temporal miraculous holder yet she still managed to effortlessly best Stormy Weather, who went from controlling weather to control all the forces of nature to the point that she could move the earth out of its orbit due the experience of being akumatized previously for a couple hours.

And so on

Back