• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jason Voorhees' durability revision

Numbersguy

VS Battles
Retired
Jason's page is very well done, the only problem is his durability. Which is Building level.

Jason Voorhees

I know the feat is canon and all that, but he has been harmed by stuff that doesn't come close to that level of energy:

-Here in Jason goes to hell, he is shot several times and they make him grunt in pain, then they blow him up

-In Jason X, he is shot several times machinegun-like pistols and he bleeds and his body is destroyed, but he is not dead

-His human version in Friday the 14th Part 4 is killed by a machete blow to the head

So, his durability should be downgraded to Wall level in his composite undead version

It does seem weird to me for him to hat Building level dura if he is consistently hurt by lesser things. Wouldn't that make it an outlier?

PIS is a thing yes, but let's not abuse it.

If his building level feat was from an explosion, we could take ISL into account.

I agree with this, it sounds like he is more consistently 9-B, though IIRC he can also survive a roof collapsing on him so maybe peaking at 9-A.

I suppose that we could count Building level as an outlier, and downgrade him to Wall level durability instead.

It is probably useful to write a footnote regarding why we do not use the 8-C durability feat though.

Jason X is non canon just to say, that jason is deadite jason, deadite jason is from Ash vs freddy vs jason, which was retconned by ash vs evil dead, btw, jason goes to hell proves that evil dead and friday the 13th are canon, as well as jason vs freddy

Fankid said:
Jason X is non canon just to say, that jason is deadite jason, deadite jason is from Ash vs freddy vs jason, which was retconned by ash vs evil dead, btw, jason goes to hell proves that evil dead and friday the 13th are canon, as well as jason vs freddy

Why is it non-canon? It takes place in 2010 and nothing in it contradicts Freddy vs Jaso or even Freddy vs Jason vs Ash and Nightmare Warriors

>
he survives a house exploding I believe

But that's the outlier feat that
Numbersguy was talking about

He does seem to get stronger later on. Both of those things are quite powerful too. It would fit for him to be Room level+ in durability.

The ship explosion might be higher than Building level, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5z1OoiLj0bs, it was durable enough to smash through city blocks. But it seems to be inconsistent with canon Jason x possibly dying in re entry (there was a comic where he survived though, it's called the Jason x special, in the movie his mask tore off).

Like I brought up in the comment above, comic feats can't really be used, even if Jason survived, his mask was burned off in the film.

Large building level might be a good level, especially since that ship must be skyscraper sized when comparing it to Solaris.

I wouldn't put him at city block level because bullets bounce off, as that's inconsistent in media.

Jason should have street level against sharp objects for his human and revenant form (it might or might not be that, but who cares, I loved Jason's second resurrection).

You still need calculations for his feats to be reliable.

> But it seems to be inconsistent with canon Jason x possibly dying in re entry (there was a comic where he survived though, it's called the Jason x special, in the movie his mask tore off).

Well Profile for Jason is "Canon Composite" so why not "Composite Uber-Jason"? Plus one of Jason's main AP feats comes from the Non-Canon Comic Jason vs Leatherface.

It's a composite one then, well that means we can use the tanking re entry, not sure how to do that.

He was flying with the guy, so it's possible he moved 7.9 - 11.2 kilometers per second instead of gravitational acceleration.

Back