• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jason Voorhees CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Old CRT thread and the proposed changes

Jason's speed​

Currently speaking Jason's speed is Supersonic seemingly for the sole reason of outrunning chaingun bullets. The issue is that the feat just had him outrun the gun's aim rather than bullets. Everything else is at most subsonic. Also an important note is that the speed was also changed without a CRT as well. It just... sort of happened. Jason and Freddy will be changed to their old speed rating of "Superhuman with Supersonic reflexes". This applies to all later versions of Jason as well.

Zombie Jason's durability​

The novelization version of the calc was accepted. While it may be easy to scale people to this, remember that Jason is rather tanky and even against other superhumans like Freddy or Ash he takes dozens of hits before being notably effected. They'd all still be 9-B, just higher than before.

P&A removals​

To copy past what I wrote before a lot of powers are incorrect or have no justifications to them
  • Illusion Creation: Not a thing he has. I don't even know what this could be referring to within the series outside of Part VIII, but the main girl in that movie was an Empath who couldn't handle the emotions Jason was putting out. It wasn't him but her
  • Mind Manipulation: Fine to have. It does take some time for it to work independently however
  • Teleportation: Jason canonically has no such ability. I've even checked various scripts and none of them mention this. Even the novels which tend to high ball the heck out of Jason make him fast rather than teleporting. This will likely be removed
  • Possession: Obviously fine. Also his bodies rot even while his soul is in them and they begin to rot progressively faster and faster.
  • Immortality: Fits all of the listed
  • Regeneration: Fine. He's regenerated his eyes multiple times, fingers, his heart a few times, and has the grenade feat
  • Resurrection: While fine, the justification is wrong. It was Freddy's power that revived Jason, not Jason on his own. The weakness of his curse should also be noted, along with needed a female Voorhees to remake his body
These will be removed from Zombie Jason's section

P&A additions​

Zombie Jason
Uber-Jason

Lifting Strength updates​

• Zombie Jason goes from "Class 5" to "Class 5, possibly Class 10" due to lifting the boiler. The possibly comes from the fact that it happened in the dream world and Jason's willpower may have influenced him being able to lift it
  • Uber-Jason gets upgraded to "Class 50" for uprooting and throwing a tree

AP/Durability/Key updates​

So Jason will be getting a fourth key, one for Jason X³ to showcase his final form in the last novel. The tiers will be as follows

Zombie Jason
  • AP/Striking Strength: 9-B -> Either 9-B or "At least 9-B"
  • Durability: 9-B -> 9-B+
Uber-Jason
  • AP/Striking Strength: 9-B -> "At least 9-B+" or "At least 9-B+, likely 9-A" or due to receiving multiple upgrades that might push him past the 1.2x mark just "9-A"
  • Durability: 7-C -> 8-C due to the recalc of his orbital reentry
Jason X³
This is a new key, so here's the statistics

Last edited:
Supported it before, supporting it now.

I agree with everything except for the removal of teleportation. He clearly does it multiple times in Takes Manhattan even scenarios that can't be explained with just speed.

He clearly does it multiple times in Takes Manhattan even scenarios that can't be explained with just speed.
That level of speed would actually fall within his listed speed. I even calced a far better UJ feat where he blitzed five people from 20 feet away without them noticing and it was only superhuman speed wise.

So he wouldn't require teleportation for any of those feats.

Well the guy watched him until he ran into the building, where Jason then pushed him out of the window. While questionable, there's nothing confirming that its teleportation over Jason being fast off screen. All of the novels that I read also never mention teleportation but Jason's speed as a factor in surprising people/getting around. If this was a full composite and included the games he'd totally have that as a power, but as is there's no actual evidence afaik.

Unless you have an example that would need to be teleportation rather than just speed.

There is no possible way that isn't teleportation. The filmmakers clearly chose that angle to emphasize that he did not go in that building. The whole movie is showing multiple examples of him teleporting. So unless he has supersonic speed he did not get in there in that time frame. This is just like Sans' shortcuts, they very obviously aren't. Occam's razor as well.

So unless he has supersonic speed he did not get in there in that time frame
That's sort of the point, the profile currently lists him as having superhuman/subsonic speed. And a better version of this feat was calced here and none of the results would be beyond what he's listed at. Even the script doesn't mention teleportation or anything, and none of the novels I read mention it either. Its not an explicitly mentioned power and all of the examples could be achieved with just speed.

The most I'm really willing to bend to here is "possibly teleportation", because there's no real hard evidence for it.

The op says his speed will be downgraded.

I would agree if not for the explicit fact he did not go through the entrance. I can't compromise on this.

Who said he didn't? Like it cuts away when he starts running up the building and there was a length of time where it wasn't on screen. So its not impossible.

But more importantly, Jason having the power really doesn't make sense plot or narrative wise. Since he could have used it multiple times in highly critical encounters to kill or chase down his targets or escape imprisonment and he never does so. The power either doesn't exist, is a single example of PIS, or isn't something Jason can do reliably. As I've said as well, the most I'm willing to go down on this is "possibly teleportation", because there's no hard evidence for the ability. All showings can be explained away with speed rather than teleportation.

There was no scene when it cuts away it's focused on the door the entire time.

Since when has that been a stipulation? There are several characters I can think of that don't use their powers and it doesn't make narrative sense but it's still a power they have. Also he does use it to chase down escaped victims. Maybe later when I'm exhausted I could compromise a possibly but as it stands now, no.

The camera pans up because that's where the action is and you can hear the struggling by that point.

If you can verify what I just said that one. I didn't mention the others other than being in the vein of supporting feats because those logically can be speed feats.

How about just possibly/likely teleportation then? I just don't think there's enough solid evidence for it to be its own thing at the moment. Here's what it would look like

All previous abilities, Enhanced Senses (Can detect electro-chemical reactions and smell sounds), Self-Sustenance (Types 1, 2, and 3), Mind Manipulation (His heart hypnotizes others into eating it, transferring his soul into them once they do, those he possesses gain his strength, stamina, and durability and have type 2 Immortality and Pain inhibition), Possession (Can possess those who eat his heart and transfer his spirit into others in these hosts, and is implied to have possessed Roy Burns in the novelization of Part V. Once in the host's body, it quickly rots to death), Inorganic Physiology (His body is neither organic nor inorganic), Immortality (Types 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7, can survive lethal injuries such as being set on fire, impaled, and shot all over his body, is capable of regeneration, is ultimately an undead being, can possess others, has come back from dying), Regeneration (Low-Mid; can regenerate from seemingly lethal wounds such as having his heart destroyed and from having most of his torso blown up by a grenade; however, he does not always regenerate and typically does not need to), Resurrection (Able to ressurect himself as long as his curse isn't fulfilled. With Freddy help, pulled himself out of Hell and restarted his heart), likely Teleportation. Resistances to extreme temperatures, Poison Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, and Pain (Does not react to being set on fire, impaled, having a shovel break over his head, or any other wounds)

Well if everyone's fine with the changes I'll update the page now.

Updated the page. If there's no other notable issues I can close this thread later.

There is no possible way that isn't teleportation. The filmmakers clearly chose that angle to emphasize that he did not go in that building. The whole movie is showing multiple examples of him teleporting. So unless he has supersonic speed he did not get in there in that time frame. This is just like Sans' shortcuts, they very obviously aren't. Occam's razor as well.
Except you see Jason didn't come from the side where the guy ran in

He comes from the other side, implying there's some side entrance and hell you don't even see Jason throw him. It's possible the guy just threw himself from the building in desperation

It's not teleportation... 'Slasherportation' is just a joke the fans have made over the decades, but the filmmaker's intentions were clear, and these guys aren't teleporters. Why have this ability in Part VIII when he doesn't have it anywhere else? If he could really teleport, why go through doors and corridors? It's obviously just stealth and speed.

I don't really like Jason not having TP when his appearances in games and all have had him teleport but I guess goinf by canon you COULD see it as him just being super fast.

I agree with all of the major revisions of this thread (most of it already went through but just wanted to say it looks good).

As for Teleportation. I think the Likely is the most appropriate usage in this case. A lot of the feats people claim for Jason "teleporting" tend to just be good stealth for him. However, I'd say Jason Takes Manhattan took the concept too seriously to the point it's realistic to actually label such feats as Teleportation. The ladder feat and chasing the teacher are probably the most notable examples of this. The teacher one was explained, but you can see a dude climbing a thirty-foot mast and he was almost at the top. Jason isn't even chasing him in one scene as he's just staring, but he gets up there in a couple of seconds the next shot after his face and throws him down. There is some debate you can put on these scenes, but I think both sides have enough credibility to warrant the likely.

Except the dude going up the mask stopped for a good while

Jason had time to climb it
He stopped for a few seconds visually. That'd be an exceptional distance to climb in a short amount of time, in the rain, and somehow not make a single sound while doing it. It's not a significant enough timeframe to do what you're entailing.

He stopped for a few seconds visually. That'd be an exceptional distance to climb in a short amount of time, in the rain, and somehow not make a single sound while doing it. It's not a significant enough timeframe to do what you're entailing.
So you’re ignoring Jason regularly sneaking up on people or the fact he’s already Subsonic in movement

It’s the one instance against dozens of others that clearly imply Jason can’t just teleport willy nilly which even then doesn’t imply teleportation

Especially since he isn’t even all that far up the mast.

So you’re ignoring Jason regularly sneaking up on people or the fact he’s already Subsonic in movement

It’s the one instance against dozens of others that clearly imply Jason can’t just teleport willy nilly which even then doesn’t imply teleportation

Especially since he isn’t even all that far up the mast.
I didn't ignore Jason sneaking up on people. However, going up a ladder that fast without making a sound at all, at that height, and in the rain is very hard to believe. The movie itself actually makes it hard to believe he just climbed up it considering when the dude is climbing, Jason is just watching him. He doesn't physically give chase. He's near the thirty foot mark of the mast.

I don't recall there ever being anything that "clearly imply Jason can't teleport". There are feats you can argue as stealth but those aren't specific statements denying the ability. Jason Takes Manhattan abuses the concept to the point it's actually arguable for him to have it, even if that wasn't the original intention with the other movies before it. A lot of counterarguments against it also take a fair amount of assumptions to make to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back