• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jak & Daxter vs Ratchet & Clank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meleemaster428 said:
Do you know how many times I have seen that blog? You've used stuff from that, which I have already debunked. They seriously underestimate Jak and Daxter in that blog. They left out Jak's feats from the final boss in Jak 3, and overestimated Ratchet and Clank's durability feats with their crashes which didn't even make gigantic enough craters to equal something like Building or City-Block level.

Also Starscream011, stop being so hostile. It's quite rude to tell someone to shut up and call their argument stupid.

LeopoldTheBrave said:
Meleemaster428 said:
Do you know how many times I have seen that blog? You've used stuff from that, which I have already debunked. They seriously underestimate Jak and Daxter in that blog. They left out Jak's feats from the final boss in Jak 3, and overestimated Ratchet and Clank's durability feats with their rashes which didn't even make gigantic enough craters to equal something like Building or City-Block level.
From the looks of how things are currently going, I don't think you'll have a lot of people confirming you "debunked it," besides, I rarely use that terminology because if I tried to debunk something, people would try to debunk me back, and people would debunk those debunks. Also, it's only the second time I've used this today. Moh also released a pretty good blog which I can't find the link for.

Starscream011 said:
Didn't you watch the death battle already?
Death Battle also said Superman has infinite power and that Yang could beat Tifa, lol. They're not a reliable source.

They left out gigantic chunks of stuff for both Ratchet and Jak. Their verdict shouldn't be considered.

LeopoldTheBrave said:
Starscream011 said:
Didn't you watch the death battle already?
Death Battle also said Superman has infinite power and that Yang could beat Tifa, lol. They're not a reliable source.
They left out gigantic chunks of stuff for both Ratchet and Jak. Their verdict shouldn't be considered.
And you credited vs wiki and the Screwattack forums for the research on Saitama vs Goku even though 95% of us said Goku would crush Saitama. No one's perfect, and we shouldn't exclude someone's opinion just because they've made mistakes in the past.

Because DEATH BATTLE have NEEVVVVEERR left our large chunks of stuff for both charcters, nope, not ever. Listen Ratchet and Jak have HUGE amount of equipment and weaponary if they went over everything a charcter has the video would have taken half an hour maybe even more. DB is an entertainment show first and foremost. The reason why they didn't include stuff for Ratchet and Jak is because they didn't need to at the very end of the day even if they gave Jak and Ratchet everything Ratchet would have still won.

"Death Battle also said Superman has infinite power and that Yang could beat Tifa, lol. They're not a reliable source".

.And your are the most reliable source of info - tell me how Saitama beats Supes. Yeah i may dissagre with DB a lot but i am willing to put my faith in what they are the researchers say rather then you. Because the research team if you like them or not have still researched most if not all of Ratchet and Jak's weaponary as well as their feats and they still came to the conculsion of Ratchet's victory. I trust a source i know is mostly right then a source that at best is maybe 15% right when it comes to his VS Matches

Seriously? This is what your hatred towards me is about? I've already publicly admitted multiple times that Saitama VS Goku was way off. I used one outdated calculation from here, and nothing from ScrewAttack. those credits are in the description of every episode of my VS show. How come every time I debate when people can't think of anything to say, they just give up and blurt out "You said Saitama beats Goku. Shut up." Also... I've never said Saitama could beat Supes. If you're talking about that one comment I made on a Cartoon Fight club video, that was a salt trap for laughs and people fell right into it.

How come every time others debate with you you'll remove their comments?

It's only with Saitama VS Goku. I'm just sick of hearing about it. I've already publically admitted I was wrong on multiple occasions. I'm just done with it.

LeopoldTheBrave said:
It's only with Saitama VS Goku. I'm just sick of hearing about it. I've already publically admitted I was wrong on multiple occasions. I'm just done with it.
Alright I'm gonna not derail this thread anymore but when you ask people "who do you think wins" and feature your video on your channel page, why are you then upset when people put down who they think wins?

If you admitted that you are wrong, why won't you allow people to put their comments on why they thought you were wrong as well?

LeopoldTheBrave said:
Seriously? This is what your hatred towards me is about? I've already publicly admitted multiple times that Saitama VS Goku was way off. I used one outdated calculation from here, and nothing from ScrewAttack. those credits are in the description of every episode of my VS show. How come every time I debate when people can't think of anything to say, they just give up and blurt out "You said Saitama beats Goku. Shut up." Also... I've never said Saitama could beat Supes. If you're talking about that one comment I made on a Cartoon Fight club video, that was a salt trap for laughs and people fell right into it.
You brought some of it on yourself with that comment saying that Screwattack can't be trusted because of Goku vs Superman and Yang vs Tifa. They make mistakes, but that doesn't mean they're incapable of making an argument or being right. Same goes for you. If you hadn't said that I wouldn't have responded by bringing up Saitama vs Goku.

Don't worry Leopold - we are that harsh to anyone who that thinks that Saitama beats Goku.I will quote what a freind said:

"it legitimately invalidates your opinion as a versus debater"

Also the fact your plan on RT.com was to delete your comments and run away like a bitch does not give me the utmost faith in you

Also that's not the only incorrect verdict you made but anyway regarding this matchup considering even if these mystical new feats were Jak were uncovered would they even matter. At the end of the day Ratchet could heal all injuries inflict on him by Jak plus Clank is actually helpful and Ratchet has the far superior weponary that far outclasses Jak's Eco Powers

Alright I'm gonna not derail this thread anymore but when you ask people "who do you think wins" and feature your video on your channel page, why are you then upset when people put down who they think wins?

If you admitted that you are wrong, why won't you allow people to put their comments on why they thought you were wrong as well?

Because I've already gotten the same things shouted at me over and over again. I already said, I'm just tired of hearing it.

"It's still canon though, similar to how Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity aren't made by Naughty Dog, but it's still part of Crash's official canon. Whether the comics are canon or not still doesn't change that what you've shown doesn't come close to what I've shown for Jak and Daxter. I've been showing how Jak can beat both Ratchet and Clank. I've only had to bring up Daxter once so far, and I didn't even mention Dark Daxter when I did so."

I'm not saying it's not canon. Just that if you're trying to argue that the comics aren't canon, then Lost Frontier definitely isn't.

"Again, we've only seen these limits used in gameplay. It's like saying Bayonetta's witch time only lasts for mere seconds because of gameplay. We've seen Jak use Light and Dark eco powers in cutscenes without and recent exposure to Light and Dark eco, like with him saving Daxter, yadda yadda."

We can't give Jak more than what he's shown. We can't assume he has unlimited use in cutscenes as that's an NLF. Gameplay is all we have to go by.

"Ratchet's black hole doesn't behave anything remotely close to a real black hole"

It doesn't matter. It's still not touchable, and non-deflectable. Jak can't do anything to it. He can't kick it away or anything. He's helpless to it.

""Jak should most definitely be able to resist transmutation as well. He's survived being pumped full of Dark Eco as torture for 2 years."

Jak, canonically, has a natural ability to channel eco energy specifically. So he's predisposed to resist dark eco, especially in a controlled setting where scientists are deliberately trying to enhance him with dark eco. They weren't trying to kill him with it or anything.

This happens in real life. Certain things are poisonous to humans and animals. But in precise controlled experimental settings with proper supervision and monitoring, and precisely controlled dosages, that can alter the detriment of the poison.

Ratchet's transmutation weapons aren't dark eco. They're something else. Something Jak has no ability to channel and would be completely helpless to them. And he isn't being subjected to Ratchet's transmutation in a controlled experimental setting where the intention is to use this type of energy to somehow enhance him. He's being blasted with it with full intent to kill. Completely different.

Jak survived the Dark Eco experiments with a transformation, because that was the intention of the scientists who did that to him.

"Again, Ratchet was hanging on for dear life. It wasn't his strength, it was whatever he was holding onto. It if had broken off, Ratchet would've been sucked in. Jak is still physically superior."

Uhh... you don't understand how the physical world works. If you're haning on to something, that depends on both your physical strength, and the thing you're hanging on to. You need physical strength to maintain your grip, something Ratchet did. And the strength of the thing he was holding on to (which was the Praetorian Omniwrench, mind you).

If you think you can resist the pull of a black hole or wormhole while holding on to something irrespective of your grip strength, well.... I dunno what to say to that. Maybe you should try to hang from the side of the building and put full confidence into the strength of the thing you're grabbing. Pay no consideration to the grip strenght of your hand. And yes, being pulled by a wormhole is escentially falling, as the pull is gravitational in nature.

Hanging from a building is pefectly analogous. So don't even try to say that hanging from a building is different somehow.

"I wouldn't be going "what a load of speculation" if I were you since you had that whole thing about "maybe Jak didn't get his transformations back at the end of Lost Frontier."

We don't see him get it back. That's not speculation. And if we assume he did get it back, there's no telling on the specifics of his Dark or Light skills.

"Plus again, you're still ignoring that the shot we see isn't the weapons full power. We see the same shot miss when he fires it again at Clank, and see what a puny explosion it makes when Clank goes back in time to save Ratchet. We DO have proof that's it's a weak shot. You're ignoring it despite the fact I've repeated it several times."

You forget that Ratchet's natural durability is dependant on Nanotech. He canonically just finished a battle with Nefarious prior to being shot by Alister, so there's no telling how much Nanotech he had left.

Also, Alister's wrench fires negative energy which is very hax. You can't determine it's power just by the explosions it causes. Negative energy, in theoretical physics, is exactly what it sounds like. It's a negative quantity of energy, so being hit by it means it can cancel out the positive energy in you.

"If Clank has endured harsher than that spaceship crash, then prove it"

I already did with the Hypernova Defense Laser. The only thing that contradicts it is beginning series feats. Again, see example with Goku and Raditz.

"I simply said Jak could easily take them away."

Yeah no. Not 24 weapons. Sure, it could happen, but it's highly unlikely. Basically you're resorting to giving Jak good luck to take away all of Ratchet's weapons.

"Ratchet has no way to take Jak's eco."

He can make Jak use up all of his eco as he has a very limited supply.

"Jak can reflect the projectiles of Jak's weapons as none of them surpass his durability and the groovitron is no exception as it doesn't even do real damage."

I'm sure Jak could reflect his own weapons. That's not what I'm arguing. The Groovitron will make Jak dance helplessly. At this point, he's vulnerable.

"Jak could easily send it back and have Ratchet and Clank be the ones getting down with their bad selves."

Send it back where? It's being thrown in mid-air, not towards Jak. And Jak won't even know what it is.

"it's a simple BFR that would send Jak to another dimension if he were hit. It's not like it'd kill him."

There's no telling where Jak will be sent to, but for his sake, I hope it has food, water, and air to breathe.

Malcolm Neill said:
Also the fact your plan on RT.com was to delete your comments and run away like a bitch does not give me the utmost faith in you
I deleted them because I was getting the same arguments I've already heard a million times over and it was just gonna be exactly what happened here and I didn't feel like having another do-over. I love how this has devolved to personal attacks now though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back