• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jack Von Alsandair vs Boian Popescu

for reference Rose would definitely kick Jack Von's teeth in so the 6-C spot is temporary

Wait, just realized something.

Boian's mind hax is actually really strong, because he has both a higher CR and has an Arcane Mind Flayer that says his ability to mind control is stronger than an Elder Brain.

And according to Forgotten Realms Wiki , which Bambu said is creadable, says this about the number of creatures in a Mind Flayer Colony: "Mind flayer communities (also called "colonies") typically ranged in size from two hundred to two thousand, and that was counting only the illithids. Each mind flayer in the community likely had at least two slaves to do its bidding. In these communities, the number of slaves often far outstripped the number of mind flayers."

And the Elder Brain kinda enslaves them with ease.

Foregoing the fact that that's only an average city which now has a huge population

And the knowledge that the Elder Brain isn't just the living residents, but every resident that has ever lived in that city since the brain's conception

forking whatimijooijfwaiojfwjioafjiow

I mean, on one hand, the soul and thereby the mind is bound to the body and can't be touched

on the other hand Boian isn't actually punching him in the mindscape, he just kinda using mindhax which doesn't really exist in Jack of All Trades because... you can't exactly touch a mind

... wait does Boian's mindhax come from dominate creature

because one that specifically works on creatures and not people, though maybe they're one in the same here

and two, it only works for an hour meanwhile incap time is 24

The term "Creature" in D&D (5e at least) is regaurd to all living things and entities within the game. A player is a "Creature". Also Boian gains the ability to possess Jack and to make him off himself.

Magical Body Control says Boian's gonna need a lot of mana to properly do that, and even then, offing himself would be faulty against Low Godly.

normal D&D doesn't use the spellpoints/mana system

I mean they do generally have a scale of power and stuff where you use more magic and more magic happens and stuff you know

So you gave him resistance to mind hax, via not giving him resistance to mind hax?

The possesssion is still kinda through his mind, at that point just say he resists it. Also he could just make him sit still while he uses finger of death. Does he resist death maniplation?

nah they have lists of spells you can remember per day, it's more like your memory for complex symbols gets better everyday

If the Mind Haxxorz doesn't work, I'm assuming Jack can win by lasting until the day comes via godly regen and his own resistances/body control. With the sun around, it would null Boian's regen - thus he could proceed to nuke him with AZ (assuming D&D resistances don't cover that, too but if they do nvm).

GreyFang82 said:
So you gave him resistance to mind hax, via not giving him resistance to mind hax?
The possesssion is still kinda through his mind, at that point just say he resists it. Also he could just make him sit still while he uses finger of death. Does he resist death maniplation?
According to Discord Conversation, finger of death wouldn't work.

AZ.

Absolute Zero?

Not to my knowledge but honestly that just means its probably in a book about some insanely powerful ice elemental prince that wants to destroy the world.

Well... It's weird.

Basically, Psychic abilities don't really exist in Jack of All Trades. There's just no real way to manipulate someone's soul, and thereby their mind, via mana.

At the same time, their soul is constantly guarded by their body, making it completely uninteractable until someone hits it

I've been on the fence as per having mindhax resist added

Not really. I mean, Rouge Spirits can't drain their life, but they also don't just say "commitus yeetuseth". Low Godly makes death null though, which would probably null the spell's effect. If it doesn't, turning Jack Von into an undead is really, really bad, as he'll end up turning into a rouge spirit, causing him to suck the life out of everything around him until the planet is entirely lifeless

Sure it takes a month or so to get really really bad, but still, the immediate effects would be pretty noticeable.

I mean

They'd have a baseline resistance but nothing more without feats, it sounds like

Not... really

It's not so much as resistance as an unbreakable law of the universe that only The Grand Librarian can really bypass

It's just you can't really interact with souls until it's out of the body, and you flush it out of the body via instantly lethal wounds.

Which makes it weird when you consider that mind manipulation doesn't really exist

Mr. Bambu said:
Not to my knowledge but honestly that just means its probably in a book about some insanely powerful ice elemental prince that wants to destroy the world.
It's funny, but since just yesterday I was writting about Hellfire your comment reminded me that the closest thing was like... Hellfrost. I don't remember at all if that could be resisted, if it was even official, if it was a spell or just part of some BS lore someone wrote becausewhynot but in it Mephistopheles was apparently developing that stuff until he abandoned the hell out of it (literally) because it couldn't be resisted and spread like a virus, would freeze ice elementals to death and never ever warm or melt unless by application of hellfire and had rumors of it destroying some plane because all of it was perma-frozen.

But like I said it's been long enough since I read this somewhere that I have no idea if this even is official or AZ or some bs reality warping Ice written as part of some GM's demonic plan to nuke defenseless players as it said it would insta-freeze you regardless of resistance.

so DMUA's proposed hax-lite RPG is now becoming law and soul hax related

This is essentially Medaka Box and Soul hax all over again

weeeee

I mean the gameplay itself comes down to people punching each other in the face or throwing glass knives

Also said people have to follow the law to a t which makes combat function as it does

Yeah. Which is why I was fency about calling it Mind Manipulation Resistance.

Sounds like they lack a mind in the conventional sense if the thought processes and such ideas are just part of their souls.

Sort of like why you can't mind haxxor a computer with conventional mind manip.

Well... They have a mind... It's just, it's not a psychic presence, it's their soul, which has all the forkery attached to in verse soul rules

That's what I mean. The "mind" is there, but it isn't a conventional one or some separate thing. Instead, it's like a part/section of their soul which makes you either need some rather unconventional mind-hax for it to work OR to Soul Manip instead, I suppose.

Hmm

Yeah, that seems like it

I should probably add this to profiles now with that in mind

Oh boy

Oh god, i go away for 30 minutes and we have DMUA talk about some stuff i wish he had told me before uploading the profiles RIP.

So what you're telling me is, Jack gets to hit Boian for free, all he wants and all Boian can do is try to use an attack (Just to it can be regen'd no matter how strong it is) and hope to see Jack reveal his Soul (which could be so brief he can't even hit it, because speed is equal) and maybe finally do some damage.

And in that time Jack gets to realize he regens, then tries to decap and then freeze his mist and call it gg no re?

I mean, I didn't expect this

None of this is going along with Keikaku

Yeah probably

At least I can have my best Waifu to date be 6-C when I finish her profile

Forking DMUA making characters for the sake of power while censoring others so he alone can reign supreme I knew it all along
Innocence

> Be DMUA

> Yell at Bambu for making D&D characters impossible to make matches for via researching canon information for the game built up over forty years

> Complain about being broken

> Make own RPG

> Build it so they stomp

Now that's what I call Keikaku

Yeah, seems like it

Mr. Bambu said:
> Be DMUA

> Yell at Bambu for making D&D characters impossible to make matches for via researching canon information for the game built up over forty years

> Complain about being broken

> Make own RPG based on verse

> Build it so they stomp via having wierd ideas that makes Hax go absolutely nuts resulting in immense confusing and brokenness
Yeah basically

Back